Two Elephants Fight To The Death At Jomtien Elephant Park

webfact

Happens in the wild all the time, that's how evolution works. I don't think there is someone standing by with tranquillizer darts just in case, and the chemical in them is severely regulated to prevent abuse. It's good to keep them under lock and key.

Yep, survival of the fitness and the fitter, younger guy won.

It's unbelieveable that they were not prepared for this.

It should make one think twice about taking joy rides on these massive beasts. I took a ride around the Sanctuary of Truth on an elephant a few weeks ago - it's a long way to fall.

Happens in the wild all the time, that's how evolution works. I don't think there is someone standing by with tranquillizer darts just in case, and the chemical in them is severely regulated to prevent abuse. It's good to keep them under lock and key.

Yep, survival of the fitness and the fitter, younger guy won.

It's unbelieveable that they were not prepared for this.

It should make one think twice about taking joy rides on these massive beasts. I took a ride around the Sanctuary of Truth on an elephant a few weeks ago - it's a long way to fall.

Survival of the fittest is one of the most misunderstood phrases of evolutionary theory. it does Not mean strongest or most aggressive.

In the wild an older wiser elephant might keep out of the way of a "mad" young bull thus passing on his more intelligent genes. However the park is anything but natural and a clash like this should never have been allowed to happen. It begs the question of if they even have enough skills or knowledge to be running the place at all.

Edited by francescoassisi

Probably someone was rubbing his hands together, and thinking of the profit when he sells those tusk. The elephant was worth much more dead, than alive. Lets see if there are any tusk on display, in a years time.

No need to wait - the ivory trade is still quite legal in Thailand if the animal is a "domestic" animal that has died of "natural causes"