Anyone Know A Thai Swimming Coach?

Mobi

I 've done a search. Nothing

Probably a bit hopeless, I was wondering if anyone knew of a Thai (or Thai speaking) swimming coach who could teach my 8 year old step-son at home in my pool. Right now he does a limited amount of dog paddle and loves the water, but most of the pool is too deep to leave him there safely.

Try phoning K Bed (a male) at Satit school Soi Greenway near opposite Underwater World!

038-756-606

Taught my daughter when she was 4 to 5 at home and same today at school cost 150 Bht an hour.

I think he's the general sports teacher too!

Just wondering why you dont teach him yourself? I have helped to teach my step daughter how to swim, and she doesnt speak English and my Thai isnt great,but we seemed to manage ok :o

Thanks for the number MP5, I'll give it a try.

Wish I could, Daleyboy. Problem is, I'm a pretty lousy swimmer myself - just get by with a strange looking breast stroke. Thai wouldn't really be a problem, but I have no idea how to teach proper swimming techniques, and if I'm going to embark on this project, I might as well get it done properly.

Doubt I'd have the patience either. I've more or less given up obedience training for the dog - she trains me more than I train her! Bit like the wife. :D

I took our daughter in at about 6 months old and she could float on her back at 18 months I hold a bronze medallion surf lifesaving from WA learnt to swim at South Beach, Cottesloe, Rockingham all around that coast and I just wanted to be absolutly sure if she fell in the pool or whatever she wouln't panick and would either float on her back or get herself out.

Peace of mind !

Oh! and the other thing was lessons are lessons play is play

I'm not to good at combining the 2

Doubt I'd have the patience either. I've more or less given up obedience training for the dog - she trains me more than I train her! Bit like the wife. :D

:D Fair enough mate. But i dont reckon it is that difficult, you dont need to be a great swimmer, you just have to be there to help. Try buying a float and starting him off with that up and down doing lengths, and then move up to swimming widths in the shallow end with out the float and just be there to support him if h starts to sink and given a bit of time he will get there. It really isnt that difficult, and its a good excuse to spend the day in the pool, and the wife will see you doing something nice and will be happy to keep bringing you out beers while training. :o:D