Thai Tears ...

David48

No shortcomings no attack not being snide or puerile, just find it very strange to have the need to expose their private life in public like this.

By the way they chose to make their private life open to us, so don't come crying if we give our opinion.

My Motto is "never explain never complain" I never discuss my private life in public.

Umm ... I think that maybe some among us have not read the thread in it's entirety.

The 2nd post read as it's opening line ...

The above story is fictional but … I’m sure is familiar to many here who have taken their loved ones to visit or stay in their home country.

But the rub is ... that some of us are perfectly comfortable to discuss the inner workings of a Thai/Westerner relationship, if we think it can help others here.

I know of no others (couples) brave enough to attempt that here.

Our strength comes, in part, from our commitment and love for each other.

Some people care ... others care less.

Put simply ... we care.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No shortcomings no attack not being snide or puerile, just find it very strange to have the need to expose their private life in public like this.

By the way they chose to make their private life open to us, so don't come crying if we give our opinion.

My Motto is "never explain never complain" I never discuss my private life in public.

Umm ... I think that maybe some among us have not read the thread in it's entirety.

The 2nd post read as it's opening line ...

>The above story is fictional but … I’m sure is familiar to many here who have taken their loved ones to visit or stay in their home country.

But the rub is ... that some of us are perfectly comfortable to discuss the inner workings of a Thai/Westerner relationship, if we think it can help others here.

I know of no others (couples) brave enough to attempt that here.

Our strength comes, in part, from our commitment and love for each other.

Put simply ... we care.

What are your ages?

Put simply ... we care.

What are your ages?

Young enough not to be cynical old farts* ... old enough and experienced enough to know what we want.

*... apologies to the more mature members here ... wai.gif

..............and so we descend into a festival of low level trolling.

Okay gents, MissFarmGirl is one of the few female Thai members of Thaivisa, she is sure to read this thread.

I suggest the mods keep an eye on this thread, and in particular question why Banzai99 has posted that stupid comment. Others are overstepping the mark too.

You can troll members like me to your hearts content, but don't be attacking our female members.

Marker down.

Carry on.

It's a fictional sotuation, the OP made that clear !!

It was said in jest, as it is fictional it's aimed at nobody, , so, get of your Mighty Steed Sir Blether, the ladies honour does not need saving.

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 1

Put simply ... we care.

What are your ages?

Young enough not to be cynical old farts* ... old enough and experienced enough to know what we want.

What's the big deal? Can't you just say how old you both are?

Is there a reason to be vague?

What are your ages?

What's the big deal? Can't you just say how old you both are?

Is there a reason to be vague?

No .. no reason ... just not relevant to the OP.

Happy with that answer?

I think he just enjoys the attention.

He's gonna take 5 posts to give their ages

Right; You care about each other, you have a commitment to each other, you have a strength given by this wonderful warm and lovely loving that you two lovebirds share... but (there is always a but) it's not always plain sailing! Damn! Time to fetch those hankies !

And hold on for the cliffhanger, (it took you 3 posts to spit it out, with all the different scenarios;ghost/bad dream/pain...) the horrible truth, the terrible secret, the dark passenger that ruins the plain sailing and needs to be told to the world is : She misses her home country when on holidays !

Damn ! Life is so unfair !

No offense, but I don't care, I find this trivial and indecent.

Happy with that answer?

Happy? No

Suspicious? Yes

I mean, you've been open and candid about some fairly intimate aspects of your relationship. Just seems strange that information as impersonal as your ages is off limits.

Edited by HardenedSoul

<deleted> you're all away kissing and making up and I'm writing the post above at the same time.

I give up.

Sorry about that ...

But you know me ... I always play the ball and never the man.

Never hold grudges and always up for a beer ...

Given the support I and MissFarmGirl get on the Forum ... probably owe a few members a few beers ...

Whassat? Did someone mention beer? :rolleyes:

@ thebleather

No, have kept her busy both physically and mentally, plus she's head down a few hours a day learning English.

@ bangkokburning

She loves it here and has many, if not more of the attractions that you mention in your post.

The Lassie's not homesick now ... just for a few hours about 3 weeks into this current visit.

@ jackr ... has nothing to do with 'growing up' ... thanks for your valued input ... dry.png

It's just that sometimes we under-estimate the deep connections between a Thai and her family and her country.

@ BookMan ... good one ... thumbsup.gif (it's a private joke ... MissFarmGirl, smiled and says hi)

No wonder she's crying,she's spent the last 5 years learning English and is now wondering why she doesn't understand a word anyone says in Scotchland!

"Teelak,why you teach me wrong language for my home you?"sad.png

I would shed more than a few tears if my relationship was so disconnected that my BF had to resort to TV to understand my feelings

our relationship is good, not 'disconnected' at all

David and I talk about this many times, because my girlfriends also talk about this many times

he just wanted to tell people here that sometimes it is difficult when we go from Thailand

I feel the same when I leave Thailand for the West and I'm a Falang!sad.png

• Like 1

Happy with that answer?

Happy? No

Suspicious? Yes

I mean, you've been open and candid about some fairly intimate aspects of your relationship. Just seems strange that information as impersonal as your ages is off limits.

I wonder why that might be?whistling.gif

Happy with that answer?

Happy? No

Suspicious? Yes

I wonder why that might be?whistling.gif

I thought the original post was hypothetical. A stalking horse to provoke a bit of discussion...

HS never asked what race he was, either. Nor religion, or sexual preference, level of education or shoe size. I don't know why people on this forum are obsessed with age - maybe they're seeking a role model for when they grow up...

SC

• Like 1

Just saying the post was hypothetical doesn't automatically make it so.

There were tears, after all and, yes, a phone call home has stemmed the flow for now.

However, after 4 visits to the OP's homeland, one would've thought the homesickness would be a thing of the past. The fact is, though, it appears it's not.

This leads me to suspect there may be some other reason for the unhappiness - temporary or not.

I would shed more than a few tears if my relationship was so disconnected that my BF had to resort to TV to understand my feelings

our relationship is good, not 'disconnected' at all

David and I talk about this many times, because my girlfriends also talk about this many times

he just wanted to tell people here that sometimes it is difficult when we go from Thailand

and sometimes it is difficult for westen men to leave their country too , miss farm girl .T

There were tears, after all and, yes, a phone call home has stemmed the flow for now.

However, after 4 visits to the OP's homeland, one would've thought the homesickness would be a thing of the past. The fact is, though, it appears it's not.

This leads me to suspect there may be some other reason for the unhappiness - temporary or not.

You wouldn't be ranting if it wasn´t for that you lost on the other thread. Beat him there, don´t make it too personal.

I mean I don't agree with you regarding the relationship you are having now but who the heck am I to judge you, if that makes you happy bud then by all means. We can all agree to disagree...

As you can see, I'm really pining for a shortcrust mutton pie. And a pint of 80/ heavy drawn under nitrogen - sadly in a pub that has since changed styles, but there's others that would do... and a trip to the rugby with my mates, and a game of snooker and a long brisk summer evening on the beach. I'm not a very tearful chap, but I imagine some of our more sentimental fellows reading this are stifling a sob even as they read. Homesickness foesn't go away, it just goes down out of sight...

SC

You wouldn't be ranting if it wasn´t for that you lost on the other thread. Beat him there, don´t make it too personal.

I mean I don't agree with you regarding the relationship you are having now but who the heck am I to judge you, if that makes you happy bud then by all means. We can all agree to disagree...

Lost??!! Didn't realise that other thread was about winning or losing but, hey, if you say so.I'm not taking anything personally. I'm just trying to see if the problem lies elsewhere.

While I think it's admirable that so many contributors to this thread (including myself) really want the OP's relationship to work out, there does seem to be a lot of ostrich-like behaviour going on. The pitfalls of moving a Thai woman out of the Kingdom are well-documented and have been discussed ad infinitum on this forum. Rooting for the OP in cyberspace is one thing but, sadly, it's very rarely enough.

Just out of interest though, I'd be intrigued to learn just what it is you disagree with about the relationship I have now. To me, it seems pretty much ideal

Only tears where when she returned home after a few years away and when the brother died.

She got you tube, Thai supermarkets , cheap phone calls home and wine.

She uses swede instead of papaya for the salad.

She has been getting promoted a few times at work and now holds the personal license for the premises.

tell her also that cucumber is better

Even those little ones ?

Lost??!! Didn't realise that other thread was about winning or losing but, hey, if you say so.I'm not taking anything personally. I'm just trying to see if the problem lies elsewhere.

While I think it's admirable that so many contributors to this thread (including myself) really want the OP's relationship to work out, there does seem to be a lot of ostrich-like behaviour going on. The pitfalls of moving a Thai woman out of the Kingdom are well-documented and have been discussed ad infinitum on this forum. Rooting for the OP in cyberspace is one thing but, sadly, it's very rarely enough.

Just out of interest though, I'd be intrigued to learn just what it is you disagree with about the relationship I have now. To me, it seems pretty much ideal

That´s exactly what I mean, to you it´s ideal to some it´s not but you don´t see me giving you hellfire over it, now do you?

I haven´t and will not give out personal details regarding my relationship or my private life on the net, but that´s me. Others enjoy it so it´s their thing.

Maybe you have or in this case I suspect you haven´t noticed that the OP have met several of the TV members and become friends with them.

In your scenario, if we have to play it - that kinda justifies his posts, wouldn´t you say?

Edited by maxme

As you can see, I'm really pining for a shortcrust mutton pie. And a pint of 80/ heavy drawn under nitrogen - sadly in a pub that has since changed styles, but there's others that would do... and a trip to the rugby with my mates, and a game of snooker and a long brisk summer evening on the beach. I'm not a very tearful chap, but I imagine some of our more sentimental fellows reading this are stifling a sob even as they read. Homesickness foesn't go away, it just goes down out of sight...

SC

Six hand pulled ales on here today....I stuck to the Oakham Citra....which was superb.

The pies are excellent too....but steak and gravy or chilli.....I am off them now however as I'm in training for my Olympic swimathon....

That´s exactly what I mean, to you it´s ideal to some it´s not but you don´t see me giving you hellfire over it, now do you?

I haven´t and will not give out personal details regarding my relationship or my private life on the net, but that´s me. Others enjoy it so it´s their thing.

Maybe you have or in this case I suspect you haven´t noticed that the OP have met several of the TV members and become friends with them.

In your scenario, if we have to play it - that kinda justifies his posts, wouldn´t you say?

Look mate, if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that the OP doesn't consider his situation to be "ideal". The ideal situation would've been for both the OP and his girl to remain here and every last one of you know it.

I consider mine to be so because it is.

Why?

1. No stipend

2. We're both here in Bangkok

3. I work, she works

4. No sprogs, pooling of resources or family interference

Is it perfect? Hell no, What relationship is but, hey, there's no sense in handicapping the thing before it gets outta the gate, right?

I'm not saying the guy's wrong to pursue the woman his heart desires but, if I'd found myself in a similar situation, I'd have walked away before the girl left her job, family and friends.

I never thought twice about whether my wife would follow me, until she decided she wouldn't.

I wouldn't mind rooting for him in Thailand, but I think I can hear his heavy footsteps behind me noAOOww

You can be on time all your life

but you're late for eternity

Look mate, if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that the OP doesn't consider his situation to be "ideal". The ideal situation would've been for both the OP and his girl to remain here and every last one of you know it.

Why?

1. No stipend

3. I work, she works

Is it perfect? Hell no, What relationship is but, hey, there's no sense in handicapping the thing before it gets outta the gate, right?

I'm not saying the guy's wrong to pursue the woman his heart desires but, if I'd found myself in a similar situation, I'd have walked away before the girl left her job, family and friends.

I hadn't realised you were in a long term relationship. Are you currently earning enough for a pension for both of you? Alternatively, what are you doing for your future children's education? Because without doubt, you are both going to grow old.

I learnt, a while back, that the way to do any job right is to start at the end and work towards the beginning...

SC

• Like 1

Why?

1. No stipend

3. I work, she works

I hadn't realised you were in a long term relationship. Are you currently earning enough for a pension for both of you? Alternatively, what are you doing for your future children's education? Because without doubt, you are both going to grow old.

I learnt, a while back, that the way to do any job right is to start at the end and work towards the beginning...

SC

I'm not, really,

Just under 3 years. More than giks but less than boyfriend/girlfriend.

Pensions for both of us??!! Good Lord, no.

She has her own money, I have mine.

Kids?? No plans for any of that with her. Just going with the flow suits both of us

Why?

1. No stipend

3. I work, she works

SC

I'm not, really,

Just under 3 years. More than giks but less than boyfriend/girlfriend.

Pensions for both of us??!! Good Lord, no.

She has her own money, I have mine.

Kids?? No plans for any of that with her. Just going with the flow suits both of us

So you're just wasting her time, then? She'll not thank you for that when she gets her first grey hairs,,,,

SC