Driver's License Renewal To 5 Yr

Hi, I have a 1 yr Thai driver's license and need to renew it by April 26th.

I've gone through the topics in this forum and found out that in case you changed your address, you need to get a letter of approval from emigration.

Is this information correct? and what else do I need to show for that. (I did change address).

I don't have any other driver's license.

Thanks

Blossom

I have done some checking and found out I'd have to bring a change of address letter from my embassy.

My next question would be:

I checked and saw there are districts in Bangkok for driver's license.

Do I have to go to my specific district, or the main office in Chatuchak will do?

You only need one of these, choose.

I does not matter if you have changed address or not.

1. Residence certificate from Immigrations.

2. Residence certificate from your embassy.

3. Yellow house book.

4. Work permit.

3. Yellow house book.

4. Work permit.

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I am on a retirement visa but I guess the same applies to me.

Do I first have to obtain the residence certificate from embassy and then show to immigration?

What is yellow house book?

3. Yellow house book.

4. Work permit.

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I am on a retirement visa but I guess the same applies to me.

Do I first have to obtain the residence certificate from embassy and then show to immigration?

What is yellow house book?

You need one of the mentioned items, just one.

I want to apply for a licence, I have a cert of residence from immigration that is three months old, will the licencing authority accept it as current or will they require a new certificate.

Thanks

Normally they are only valid for 30 days - you will have to get a new one.

Folk, get a yellow house book for all your future stuff. EASY to do though the ''ladies'' don't like it, but there is really no risk to their domain. smile.png

EASY for you maybe...

My "lady" is fully supportive, however, I have tried twice without success in my district in Chiang Mai...

Folk, get a yellow house book for all your future stuff. EASY to do though the ''ladies'' don't like it, but there is really no risk to their domain. smile.png

EASY for you maybe...

My "lady" is fully supportive, however, I have tried twice without success in my district in Chiang Mai...

Did you have your area head man in tow. ?

EASY for you maybe...

Fortunas dont break down T.A.w00t.gif

• Like 1

EASY for you maybe...

From what my wife tells me, there are only Phuyai Baan in country areas. We live in a district of Chiang Mai City so we don't have one.

My problem was that along with personnel changes at the district Queng (?) there were changes in the criteria for a Yellow Book.

My name is listed in a Blue House Book for a house in Isaan. Can I use it to renew my driver's license in the Bkk area? I currenlty have a 5-yr license.

Also, I was not an official Thai citizen when I first got my 5-yr license. Will I have any problems renewing my 5-yr license or will they want me to get a 1-yr license as a Thai citizen?