Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

^ July 24th 2013 was our game...Spurs v Juve yesterday was the otherbiggrin.png

https://youtu.be/DjPY8mJL0lo

To be fair i don't think that Australia is exactly swarming with Italians.

One of the largest ethnic groups in Australia and particularly settled in Melbourne. Only British ancestry is in front of Italian ancestry in the Australian population and most are fanatical football fans.

• Like 1

^ July 24th 2013 was our game...Spurs v Juve yesterday was the otherbiggrin.png

One of the largest ethnic groups in Australia and particularly settled in Melbourne. Only British ancestry is in front of Italian ancestry in the Australian population and most are fanatical football fans.

I stand corrected Bob. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

that snide little get fabregas trying to cripple our new defender in the 'friendly' there. not much of a game according to mates who went, we weren't up to much and chelsea parked the bus in a nothing pre-season match. we left a few players out of the squad too.

that snide little get fabregas trying to cripple our new defender in the 'friendly' there. not much of a game according to mates who went, we weren't up to much and chelsea parked the bus in a nothing pre-season match. we left a few players out of the squad too.

I only saw the first half, Chelsea came out well and truly up for it and were letting the tackles fly. The bellsniff Terry in the refs face with 2 other renters at one stage, after a nasty Cahill challenge.

Same old story for us, loads of possession and no penetration. Mind you no strikers were on the park.

Not arsed at all, just would have like to seen us play with a bit more urgency/pace on the counter.

• Like 1

^ July 24th 2013 was our game...Spurs v Juve yesterday was the other:D

The Italian community has been in great numbers since the 1950's many migrated to Qld to work in the sugar cane industry at the same time many went into small business in mainly Sydney and Melbourne.The Greeks were not far behind them. Played against many Italian teams teams that tagged "Milan" onto their club names.

Football is on a roll in Oz the Soccoeroos won the Asian Cup and the Joeys just won the U/16 version.

One reason for a smaller than espected crowds might be the ticket prices .A friend paid $85 for half decent seat that's 2,200 baht hardly an affordable family night.

These friendlies are more about marketing and making money rather than football.

^ July 24th 2013 was our game...Spurs v Juve yesterday was the other:D

The Italian community has been in great numbers since the 1950's many migrated to Qld to work in the sugar cane industry at the same time many went into small business in mainly Sydney and Melbourne.The Greeks were not far behind them. Played against many Italian teams teams that tagged "Milan" onto their club names.

Football is on a roll in Oz the Soccoeroos won the Asian Cup and the Joeys just won the U/16 version.

One reason for a smaller than espected crowds might be the ticket prices .A friend paid $85 for half decent seat that's 2,200 baht hardly an affordable family night.

These friendlies are more about marketing and making money rather than football.

Indeed Sparkles, I used to play for Merrimac - Italio club on the Gold Coast. I'd played for 2 other British clubs also, but enjoyed Merrimac the most as there were a group of us fresh Expat Brits mixed with mostly 2-3 generation Italians. Us not being Italians and getting racially abused by some opposition players who assumed we were Italian just made our bond even stronger and we won a few trophies. Loved playing football in Oz, hard pitches, sweltering heat and old school tackling. thumbsup.gif

On 30/07/2016 at 2:10 AM, BangrakBob said:

Karius out for 8-10 weeks with broken bone in his hand facepalm.gif

bloody unbelievable stuff. and from punching lovren in the head. couldn't have punched moreno or mignolet could he?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StevieH said:

bloody unbelievable stuff. and from punching lovren in the head. couldn't have punched moreno or mignolet could he?

Hahaha would had to be an uppercut from below the knee to hit Moreno.

Seems to be a few boys going down injured already, again. No has questioned, but I wonder about Klopp's intense session sometimes. I thought about it before preseason and we are now seeing injuries. Maybe it is just <deleted> luck again, but fingers crossed nothing serious in the next 2 weeks.

The Roma game is on live on Thai cable PPTV if you can get it.

I can get it on my Android box, albeit Thai commentary.

Got you there lad....Bein 2 (French commentary)..... oh and LFC TV (English commentary):thumbsup: Will bring the box up in a couple of weeks so you can see it then.

Edited by wilai
new site!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Heck of an effort from your lads today. Barca barely able to breathe.

Mane, Clyne down the right hand side looks tasty. Nice to see a more balanced squad, stronger. Still think we need a left back. 

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Finished 2nd to PSG in the Champions Cup. That Cahill goal cost us the tournament. No news on Lovren injury but Milner's doesn't look too good #silverlining:whistling:

piece of piss. mes que un club my arse. we're gonna win the league.

milner injury not great apparently - we have absolutely go to go out and buy a left-back. lovren's hopefully just a tweak rather than anything serious. 

goal of the season there already by grujic.

• Like 2

Lovren on bench against Mainz. Doubt he'll come on but the fact he traveled and didn't stay home for treatment is positive. In other news, he appears to be reason behind Jurgen's blanking of the s#n in yesterday's conference. Arseoles are running a story about his marital problems last year.

Edited by wilai
Site!

Lovren on bench against Mainz. Doubt he'll come on but the fact he traveled and didn't stay home for treatment is positive. In other news, he appears to be reason behind Jurgen's blanking of the s#n in yesterday's conference. Arseoles are running a story about his marital problems last year.

Yeah heard something about this. Apparently Klopp refused to speak with them <deleted> yesterday because of it.

12 hours ago, wilai said:

aye, the rag ran a story about lovren's wife having an affair apparently. all in the public interest though of course.

and *cough* bloody good side them mainz lads. jesus what happened there?

Really annoyed. i can't click on "content " to tell me if there are new threads on here. I now have to go into manage following  somethging or other. I refuse to have daily emails sent. This is rubbish. What will I do when the football season starts???? See..... it was football related lol

• Like 1

Ive no idea how Moreno is even in the squad. He hasn't a clue about positioning, no awareness, dives in recklessly when it's not needed. No idea how to defend.

This is nothing new, and it's blatantly obvious, which is why it's more baffling. 

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Ive no idea how Moreno is even in the squad. He hasn't a clue about positioning, no awareness, dives in recklessly when it's not needed. No idea how to defend.

This is nothing new, and it's blatantly obvious, which is why it's more baffling. 

Not a penalty for me but after looking at his hair a fair decision by the ref.

• Like 1