Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

We dont even derserve 4th spot, what a joke of a season.

As someone who has been a supporer of the club for well over 40 years, man and boy, it pains me to see whats happening to (at?) the club.

I just want to see where this "slow, but steady progress" is...that some on here talk about

All i can see (apart from a few straw clutching episodes) is, at best, a SNAFU situation, a case of "same sh*t different year", or one of "same song, but different singer" for the past God knows how many years now (TOO many for my liking)

At worst is a slide to mid/lower table mediocrity for a few years

And i cant see this Rohne Group deal thats reported on as being the "White Knight" that some might think.

Penkoprod

1-1 today, that is a near fatal blow for us as regards 4th.

AND HE TOOK OFF TORRES.

Think about it. We created chance after chance AFTER he took off Torres. Ngog was lively and I think Torres was tired and it was precautionary given the amount of matches he's played lately. It could have been the wrong choice but the manager knows the players, and I think he could see Torres wasn't moving as well as he could have been. Of course you could say those 2 golden opportunities Ngog missed would have been taken by Torres, but Rafa clearly said in his post-match interview that the team needed energy and Torres was exhausted. I think it was the right choice. You see Ngog stopping the keeper from getting the ball and giving Maxi a gaping net and he didn't take the chance, although the ball was bouncing high. We had chance after chance after Ngog came on, so I don't see how you can point that out as a negative, in my opinion.

So, positives were that a lot of chances were created in the 2nd half and we really should have won. Negatives of course were that we didn't take the chances and didn't make the right decisions when we needed a winning goal, for instance Babel had a great chance to cross it quickly where Ngog and Aquilani were waiting to score but he went for goal from an extremely acute angle. With the pace he can put on the ball he could have put it right in on the ground and who knows where it would have ended up?

Frankly, I think 4th place is extremely unlikely. I'm picking Man City to get 4th, now, considering Spurs have to play the top 3 in the table in the next 5 matches, a tough task for any team. We are now playing for 5th place. Sad, but true. I do not think it is the decline of Liverpool or a death sentence for the club as many would have it, but that's the realistic chance for this season, in my opinion. Don't think 4th is really possible, anymore.

As for the owners, wish an even more massive campaign could be created to force Hicks out. Gillett is willing to sell, I think, it's always Hicks that says no. I have seen encouraging reports recently that there are willing suitors who want to come in with ownership, the latest this Rhone Group that it appears will be turned down. It's always Hicks. I don't know what he's smoking but Purslow was appointed by the bank so I think he's a bit smarter and can maybe convince him their position is untenable and selling is the best option. Others are pessimistic, but I am optimistic. I think Liverpool could very well have new owners and/or new investment come July or earlier.

Get behind the team you fair weather fan. We still have a cup to play for, and we can do it. We didn't draw badly against Birmingham, and really should have won. Considering we had 10 men against Benfica and only lost 2-1 to two penalties no less, I think we'll beat them at Anfield and advance. Bring on Benfica!

Get behind the team you fair weather fan. We still have a cup to play for, and we can do it. We didn't draw badly against Birmingham, and really should have won. Considering we had 10 men against Benfica and only lost 2-1 to two penalties no less, I think we'll beat them at Anfield and advance. Bring on Benfica!

Between the parking lot of pitch and the way Bham sets-up it's no wonder none of the so-called top 4 got 3 points there this season.

Fair weather fan heheheeh :) Each to his own Jimjim. Im sick of hearing we shoulda woulda coulda won....how many times already???

Mickey Mouse cup is something that we should'nt even be playing for, we are fe#kin Sh!te at the minute and you do not need rose tinted specs to see that.

I will always give the team support......however it is my opinion that our goals will not be met with Rafa still as gaffer.....6yrs is enough. You can not honestly agree with some of the tactics he has adopted this season.

Anyways were all red and banter is fun.

Jose where art thou :D

fuc_king ridiculous substitution. livid doesn't come close.

He says he thinks that Torres was tired! (the look on Gerards face when FT went off!)So it would appear that he's prioritising theEuropa over a 4th spot in the league. Your thoughts...

He says he thinks that Torres was tired! (the look on Gerards face when FT went off!)So it would appear that he's prioritising theEuropa over a 4th spot in the league. Your thoughts...

well torres certainly wasn't playing well, but he didn't look physically tired. tired of getting booted to fuc_k by opposing centrebacks again with no protection from the referee, but then it was martin atkinson who seems to have something personal against torres.

we needed to win the match and we'd have been more likely to score from one of the chances we made if torres had been on the pitch, tired or no. mental substitution from the manager.

well torres certainly wasn't playing well, but he didn't look physically tired. tired of getting booted to fuc_k by opposing centrebacks again with no protection from the referee, but then it was martin atkinson who seems to have something personal against torres.

we needed to win the match and we'd have been more likely to score from one of the chances we made if torres had been on the pitch, tired or no. mental substitution from the manager.

If he'd stayed on you'd have probably scored atleast three times

easy to say that in hindsight. torres wasn't playing well and birmingham's home record is really good. would most likely have improved our chances of scoring at least a winner though.

2 interesting stats from, er, the Daily Star:

[beitez has] got a miserable record against them, having never recorded a win against Brum in a league match in his career.

And this draw meant that Liverpool have now failed to win in their last seven league games away from home.

easy to say that in hindsight. torres wasn't playing well and birmingham's home record is really good. would most likely have improved our chances of scoring at least a winner though.

Still would have fancied him to score in the last half hour though personally & give me a tired Torres over a fresh & raring to go N'gog any day of the week.. & i'll never understand it when Managers make the same kind of excuses for taking Players off as Benitez has made today..

Mickey Mouse cup is something that we should'nt even be playing for

I will always give the team support......

So you think every year Liverpiddle have some divine right to at least finish 4th and get through the group stages of the Champions League, as the Europa League is not really worth winning and its below you ... yep sounds like you'll always give the team support.

Edited by whichschool

So you think every year Liverpiddle have some divine right to at least finish 4th and get through the group stages of the Champions League, as the Europa League is not really worth winning and its below you ... yep sounds like you'll always give the team support.

Yes I do expect them to finish AT LEAST 4th each year and progress in the Champions League. THats what any Top club should be doing......we have stalled and have slipped down the pecking order both on and off the field.

As I said....stick the Europa cup up ya A$$ :)

Yes I do expect them to finish AT LEAST 4th each year and progress in the Champions League. THats what any Top club should be doing......we have stalled and have slipped down the pecking order both on and off the field.

As I said....stick the Europa cup up ya A$ :)

I can accept wanting to do well every year, but when Liverpiddle dont the fans whine like no other, thats why Liverpiddle fans take the title of Englands biggest glory hunters who know <deleted> all about football, your comment about Europa shows this is abundance .... you ought to get used to 5/6/7th places as unless you get some Arab into pour millions you just arent a rich or big enough club now to be able to compete at the top. :D But as Liverpiddle fans are nothing but glory hunters you'd love an Arab in im all too sure.

As I said....stick the Europa cup up ya A$ :)

I can accept wanting to do well every year, but when Liverpiddle dont the fans whine like no other, thats why Liverpiddle fans take the title of Englands biggest glory hunters who know <deleted> all about football, your comment about Europa shows this is abundance .... you ought to get used to 5/6/7th places as unless you get some Arab into pour millions you just arent a rich or big enough club now to be able to compete at the top. :D But as Liverpiddle fans are nothing but glory hunters you'd love an Arab in im all too sure.

what total and utter horseshit. fuc_k right off with your bullshit generalisations would you eh?

Whichschools talking boll#cks again :)

Granted he could have worded it a tad better but is he not even a little close with the basis of some of the points he's trying to make though such as they'd be happy with an Arab Consortium taking over & they should get used to 5th/6th/7th if they don't get one as they won't/don't have the $$ to compete at the very top ??

Might even get a certain Steve agreeing with that you know, even though he'd hate to.. :D

& they do whine too... :D

Granted he could have worded it a tad better but is he not even a little close with the basis of some of the points he's trying to make though such as they'd be happy with an Arab Consortium taking over & they should get used to 5th/6th/7th if they don't get one as they won't/don't have the $$ to compete at the very top ??

Might even get a certain Steve agreeing with that you know, even though he'd hate to.. :D

i've said as much myself in plenty of posts on here m, albeit in not such gobshiteish words as those used by friend whichschool. i'd take osama bin laden as owner ahead of the pair of thieves we currently have in charge, never mind an arab business consortium. and we might even have had one were david moores not such a greedy clown.

i've said as much myself in plenty of posts on here m, albeit in not such gobshiteish words as those used by friend whichschool. i'd take osama bin laden as owner ahead of the pair of thieves we currently have in charge, never mind an arab business consortium. and we might even have had one were david moores not such a greedy clown.

Fair play and i was obviously on a wind up ... but it was the comment about the Europa Cup (UEFA) being insignificant and below Liverpool that got my goat, it really isnt what someone who supports a football club should say.

Ive got a grudge against Liverpool fans after a certain very famous match in 1996 that i attended and seeing their supporters after the game chuffed to bits that theyd helped their so called main rivals to the title, and i just can't let it go.

Ive got a grudge against Liverpool fans after a certain very famous match in 1996 that i attended and seeing their supporters after the game chuffed to bits that theyd helped their so called main rivals to the title, and i just can't let it go.

You talking about the " Ludo day " when we got the draw with them ( Man Utd ) at Upton Park & Liverpool beating Blackburn ??

If you are & unless you've worded it wrong, i can't imagine they were chuffed to bits to see Man Untd possibly win the League & if i remember rightly they were cheering for Blackburn for large parts & rightly so..

We have Ciity on the last Game of the Season, IF we are safe then & IF that 4th spot is still up for grabs, the whole Ground will be willing City to win that Game for sure..

If we are not safe then & the 4th spot is still up for grabs, iw on;t watch any Game as i;d hate to see them ( Spuds ) get 4th & us help tghem, alternatively i wouldn't want to see us relegated again but i would honestly prefer firstly because we wouldn;t be deserving of staying up & secondly i know that the team i hate the most won;t get a chance as good as this again to get CL Football..

Fair play and i was obviously on a wind up ... but it was the comment about the Europa Cup (UEFA) being insignificant and below Liverpool that got my goat, it really isnt what someone who supports a football club should say.

i agree, i've had some brilliant times watching liverpool in the uefa cup. i would never consider it 'beneath' us but it's a good indicator of the job that rafa benitez has done in making us european powerhouses again that some fans consider it well below expectation levels these days.

eh? which match was that then?

edit: hang on, you're talking about the 4-3 against newcastle aren't you?

Edited by StevieH

Thats it, positive mental attitude :):D

why on earth would *I* need a positive mental attitude about this team? this team has zero chemistry. it's a terrible mismatch of future vagabonds and excellent players when playing with only themselves. AND, it's been this way for far too long.

anyway, i at least offered some changes that might turn out positive for LFC as a whole :D