Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

and liverpool don't 'deserve' anything. that's a ludicrous statement from anyone and coming from a united fan it's fuc_king embarrassing.

What's embarrassing about it Stevie? Just trying to be honest.

And my honest opinion is, were i a Liverpool fan, i would have expected more both from the owners and from the manager than they have delivered.

Your not a Liverpool fan so then... what can you possibly know what the majority of us want? by reading some comments by the usual doom and gloom minority who never come out and praise the team when we are doing well.

Your just jumping on the bandwagon that has recently surfaced due to a bad run of results. Most of us Liverpool fans can see beyond the bullshit in the Media. We look at how the club has progressed under Rafa given the circumstances he has had to work under and given the competition of the other Big Four year in year out without the financial back up.

Makes me sick to listen to some Utd fans coming on the Liverpool thread trying to tell us what we want or should expect? When you support a club as big as ours we stick together and have a realistic view on things not just knee jerk nonsense being spewed out at the moment.

Couple of wins in the Premier league a favorable result in Europe and players coming back from injury changes things very fast and that's what I am anticipating.

and liverpool don't 'deserve' anything. that's a ludicrous statement from anyone and coming from a united fan it's fuc_king embarrassing.

And my honest opinion is, were i a Liverpool fan, i would have expected more both from the owners and from the manager than they have delivered.

Your not a Liverpool fan so then... what can you possibly know what the majority of us want? by reading some comments by the usual doom and gloom minority who never come out and praise the team when we are doing well.

Your just jumping on the bandwagon that has recently surfaced due to a bad run of results. Most of us Liverpool fans can see beyond the bullshit in the Media. We look at how the club has progressed under Rafa given the circumstances he has had to work under and given the competition of the other Big Four year in year out without the financial back up.

Makes me sick to listen to some Utd fans coming on the Liverpool thread trying to tell us what we want or should expect? When you support a club as big as ours we stick together and have a realistic view on things not just knee jerk nonsense being spewed out at the moment.

Couple of wins in the Premier league a favorable result in Europe and players coming back from injury changes things very fast and that's what I am anticipating.

Does that realistic view believe that Rafa can bring you domestic success & am i right or worng in saying that L'pool Fans would prefer/prefered domestic success over CL success at the start of this Season & next ??

& when i say domestic success, i mean one thing & one thing only of course, the League.

When you support a club as big as ours we stick together and have a realistic view on things not just knee jerk nonsense being spewed out at the moment.

I take it that the "we" in "we stick together" doesn't include these Liverpool supporters below then?

Myopic Benitez needs to get over to specsavers and get a second pair free, because the ones that he's wearing ain't working.

Also nothing to do with the smallish budget that he had at his disposal. Bad transfer dealings once again will let him down. How the hel_l some of these so called football players ever got the chance to play for Liverpool beats me.

That's it.

Middle of October and our season's over!

Make no bones about it - there's no way we're still in it.

I said it 2 season's ago, and again last season - Rafa just does not have the savvy to win the EPL.

His transfer dealings have left us short, the squad lacks depth and we have no cover when key men are out - and that's not just down to a lack of funds:- it's a lack of insight and poor preparation.

And it's a lack of knowledge of the English game!

Totally weird team selection, tactical approach non-existent.

A wretched result of which we were lucky to escape with only a 1-0 loss!

We should not have sold Robbie Keane.

We should not have let Sami go.

We should not have let Alonso go, or try to push him out the previous season.

We should not have bought an injured player for 20 million.

What is going on ???????????

Does that realistic view believe that Rafa can bring you domestic success & am i right or worng in saying that L'pool Fans would prefer/prefered domestic success over CL success at the start of this Season & next ??

& when i say domestic success, i mean one thing & one thing only of course, the League.

Look we came <deleted>-king close last season that's the best we have done in years and played amazing football to go with it. so why doubt him? Sure there is a minority who don't like him or want him you cant please everyone but hundreds of fans want him around why do you think you hear the chants " in Rafa We Trust" ...

A lot of Rafa doubters suddenly shut up at the end of last season but suddenly come out when the chips are down. I just think thise types are dic_kheads. Of course we need to do well in the CL as we cant afford not too right? the money is to big to ignore its a business also, it would be disastrous financially but the way the owners have lied and mismanaged us financially its likely to happen...

We should of had at least another 50m to go buy this summer. YES we want to win the league because its been to long, if the owners invested like they promised it should be a case of saying we are strong enough to win both.

Boring to talk about Rafa favoring CL over PL its nonsense and a myth and that Rafa should go... If you want him sacked then wait until the end of the season right? I mean replace him with <deleted>-king who? Mourinho?? and at what cost...

I will leave you with this...

Some have said in some ways there is a similarity between Rafa and Shankly, Shanks took Liverpool through one of the worst run of defeats the club had seen in years and then turned it all around and the rest was history as they say.

He was stubborn/determined like Rafa in his beliefs and micro managing every aspect of the game and yet was loved by the fans. I believe Rafa is one of the best out there and when we our on form we can beat anyone domestically and in Europe we just need to add quality to the squad to be able to compete on all fronts.

Anyway its all about opinions but only the owners can decide (if they can do that?) if he stays or goes, personally would rather see him walk than get fired.

I have supported the Pool since 1978, and am totally in agreement with the above.

He has made fatal mistakes in letting Robbie Keane and Sami go,leaving us exposed front and back. And why is Bellamy playing better at Man City now ?

He should have never tried to push Alonso out the door for Barry. It proved disasterous as he never got him anyway.

Great goal by Babel, what he should have been doing more of last year, really.

But giving up that late goal is just really the kind of season we've been having, isn't it?

I'll completely disregard other fans' statements as I don't give a shit what they say (at least those talking nonsense), but spongeman you're entitled to your opinion. I will say that the whole Keane thing was he did not want him the first place and except for 3 games or so Keane really underperformed at Liverpool, didn't he? I think he made more saves than Reina, except on the wrong end. I saw not much wrong with that one. As for Sami, we were all sad to see him leave but if you read the interviews he wanted to leave because he wasn't getting enough games anymore. I wish he'd kept him as well and I don't know if we offered him another contract but he said it tore him up to leave but he knew he wasn't going to get as much playing time as he wanted and although he's older he keeps quite fit so he knew he could be playing many games in a season so that's why he left. What can the manager say to that? He wanted to play more, knew it would not likely happen at Liverpool, so he left.

As for Bellamy I don't know why he's playing better at Man City. Perhaps because he's been improving? Who cares? He did well enough for us but we do not know all the reasons he left. Perhaps Rafa did not want the distractions he provided.

As for Alonso, we should never have tried to hawk him all over Europe, I agree, but I think it clear he wanted to go back to Spain after 5 years in England, anyway, so we don't know what would have happened even if we'd never done that.

We played with heart and battled hard all night all over the pitch. We deserved to win that game... but yet again conceded a late goal and we just cant take our chances when it matters.

It really is a make shift back four at the moment and we desperately need some players back asap.

we've had domestic success. last season's campaign and finish were excellent, on the back of a zero net spend the previous summer. he's improved us year on year in the league, but he can't win the league, or be expected to win the league, with one hand tied behind his back.

we've no divine right to win the league but we have a manager capable of doing it if he is backed sufficiently financially. which he is not and he is never going to be under the present ownership. so in short, we're screwed.

I have supported the Pool since 1978, and am totally in agreement with the above.

He has made fatal mistakes in letting Robbie Keane and Sami go,leaving us exposed front and back. And why is Bellamy playing better at Man City now ?

garbage is that i'm afraid. sami hyypia wanted regular first team football at the age of 35, something we couldn't guarantee him. he'd more than earned his free transfer.

robbie keane was a disaster and not good enough for a top level club. and the question you should be asking yourself about robbie keane is that having cut his losses on the player, why did the manager never get the 15m we got back from spurs to buy a replacement?

if we hadn't sold bellamy we'd never have been able to sign torres. think on.

He should have never tried to push Alonso out the door for Barry. It proved disasterous as he never got him anyway.

in hindsight a mistake, but then hindsight is always 20/20. the previous summer alonso was on the back of an average league campaign for him. last season he was awesome, as the transfer fee we eventually got for him relfected.

I think Aquaman could end up being a revelation, but to be as good as Alonso would be some feat.

That game in Lyon was so frustrating now that I think about it more. We had about 5 or 6 great opportunities and definitely at least 3 golden opportunities before Babel's wonder strike, which was far from as clear a chance as the three golden chances. Lyon had a few chances themselves but ours were much better. Voronin really should have scored, Torres was unlucky as was Lucas, and their keeper was probably man of the match.

Edited by Jimjim

I think Aquaman could end up being a revelation, but to be as good as Alonso would be some feat.

That game in Lyon was so frustrating now that I think about it more. We had about 5 or 6 great opportunities and definitely at least 3 golden opportunities before Babel's wonder strike, which was far from as clear a chance as the three golden chances. Lyon had a few chances themselves but ours were much better. Voronin really should have scored, Torres was unlucky as was Lucas, and their keeper was probably man of the match.

Yep hoping so about Aquilani. I remember when Alonso was having a bad spell and also missing games through injury I always felt we needed some one more dynamic and box to box like an Aquilani so I cant wait to see him fulfill that role.

We were desperately unlucky last night Jim... And we played really very well all over the park.

Ok we are basically out of the CL but you never know Lyon might just get somethign at Fiorentina as they want to finish top of the group to avoid facing a big side (big shout I know). And we could definitely get the wins in the last two games especially the home game but its unfortunate its not all in our hands now. Some positives coming out from the players saying how together they are and confident they can turn things around in the league and saying they will give it all in the next CL game anyway.

TORRES AND GERRARD INJURY LATEST

LFC TV

Rafael Benitez today revealed that he will give Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard late fitness tests before deciding whether the duo can face Birmingham City on Monday.

The Reds boss has had to cope with a growing injury list in recent weeks but is hopeful he will be able to recall some key personnel when his side face Alex McLeish's men.

"We are improving. We have some players doing light training again. At least they are training and hopefully today they will be a bit better," he told his pre-match press conference.

"We will see if they can be available. There is a big difference between players being fit and whether they can be available.

we've had domestic success. last season's campaign and finish were excellent, on the back of a zero net spend the previous summer. he's improved us year on year in the league, but he can't win the league, or be expected to win the league, with one hand tied behind his back.

we've no divine right to win the league but we have a manager capable of doing it if he is backed sufficiently financially. which he is not and he is never going to be under the present ownership. so in short, we're screwed.

how rafa has improved you every year :)

champions league winners.

fa cup winners

champions league runners up. NOWT for 2nd.

league cup runners up NOWT for 2nd.

runners up league. NOWT for 2nd.

most spent bar chelsea in the league,this is a team built by him,he has forced parry to give him total control,NOW time for your steady decline wake up and smell the roses. :D

fa cup winners

most spent bar chelsea in the league,this is a team built by him,he has forced parry to give him total control,NOW time for your steady decline wake up and smell the roses. :D

fa cup winners

I have kit question. Perhaps I missed something but I caught a replay of the Lyon match the other day and noticed that neither team had shirts sponsors???

french tv broadcasting rules don't allow the advertising of alcohol james which is why liverpool never have carlsberg on their shirts when we play away matches in france. same applies to lyon as they very foolishly recently entered into a sponsorship agreement with online bookie betclic, even though advertising gambling is also banned on french tv. the wallies.

I have kit question. Perhaps I missed something but I caught a replay of the Lyon match the other day and noticed that neither team had shirts sponsors???

french tv broadcasting rules don't allow the advertising of alcohol james which is why liverpool never have carlsberg on their shirts when we play away matches in france. same applies to lyon as they very foolishly recently entered into a sponsorship agreement with online bookie betclic, even though advertising gambling is also banned on french tv. the wallies.

ah ok, I thought maybe it was a Heineken v Carlsburg thing and then I saw Lyon's kit - no Novotel? :) Hilarious for a country where you can drink at any age its seems.

ah ok, I thought maybe it was a Heineken v Carlsburg thing and then I saw Lyon's kit - no Novotel? :) Hilarious for a country where you can drink at any age its seems.

i can't quite remember how it works but i'm pretty sure that you can have boarded advertising around the pitch in france but not booze names on shirts. which is a bit odd. there's usually something to do with uefa's 'official partners' involved.

i can't quite remember how it works but i'm pretty sure that you can have boarded advertising around the pitch in france but not booze names on shirts. which is a bit odd. there's usually something to do with uefa's 'official partners' involved.

oh well, next year you will will make the Standard :D

You wait till the Manc's get on here re: diving :), although I reckon he was leaping to avoid a poor leg breaking challenge and the ref gave a pen, such is life.

I will say, in the last month although he has faults I have never seen Lucas play so well.

What is going on ?

Losing to Birmingham and Riera's hamstring is gone.

I don't mean to be rude but didn't it end up 2-2.

Gerrard scored a pen.

Anyway Torres may be out till December,Hope he can make the derby few days prior.

International break now,so may be a blessing for us. This needs to turn around quick.

Benitez may be looking for a new job. How long will the owners give him?

This doesn't mean I want him sacked before you all start :) .

Lucas is doing a good job, proving a lot of people wrong.I must admit I had my doubts.

Good to see Ngog getting on the score sheet.

Come on Reds.