Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I think he said that at halftime, mate, about losing to Birmingham.

Hard to swallow as a fan seeing your player dive and there's little excuse. However, I always wonder about a challenge like that, the tackle was incredibly late and if Ngog was just a little slower he would have easily been caught and it would be a clear penalty. Anyway...

I was watching an interview with Craig Johnston the other evening.

he was recently awarded the Alex Tobin medal by the PFA (Professional Footballers Australia)

interesting story........ his parents sold their house to finance his trip to the UK. the things people do for their kids eh?

Liverpool Legend Craig Johnston Honoured by Australia’s Professional Footballers - sorry couldnt put link

shorter verion here: http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/116735,pfa-...g-johnston.aspx

EDIT: I tried to put link to the PFA site, but it says I cant? hmmmmm

I have kit question. Perhaps I missed something but I caught a replay of the Lyon match the other day and noticed that neither team had shirts sponsors???

Normal manc obsessed with liverpool.

I asked a football question about your kit mate. Relax. go to walking street or something.

I have kit question. Perhaps I missed something but I caught a replay of the Lyon match the other day and noticed that neither team had shirts sponsors???

Normal manc obsessed with liverpool.

I asked a football question about your kit mate. Relax. go to walking street or something.

I'm only teasing you lol,

I'm guessing Torres will not be a part of the team on Saturday. They said the beginning of December.

I'm sure Gerrard will be a starter though. I think we have a good problem in midfield now, Lucas is getting

better and better, mascherano, enough said and Aquilani looks like he is getting near match fit.

Still would like to see young Spearing getting some action.

I'm guessing Torres will not be a part of the team on Saturday. They said the beginning of December.

I'm sure Gerrard will be a starter though. I think we have a good problem in midfield now, Lucas is getting

better and better, mascherano, enough said and Aquilani looks like he is getting near match fit.

torres is out for city, chance of being back for everton though. gerrard back in, johnson back in, aquilani getting closer to starting. don't think spearing is anywhere near first team quality to be honest, never will be. if there's a lad i'd like to see get some sub appearances at the minute it's dani pacheco.

It'd be good to see a Scouser come through the ranks and be the quality of Gerrard and Carra, and yeah, Spearing doesn't look it, but he looks like he could be a decent sub in the future, for Liverpool. I think, though, his future may lie elsewhere. But Liverpool should always have Scousers.

torres is out for city,

Jeez have City signed him as well??? :)

no excuses against City....we were sh!te

I actually thought you started out well, but those early substitutions broke up the flow and presumably the gameplan too.

In the second half the introduction of Tevez completely changed the game - well that combined with a much more positive attitude from City in general.

no excuses against City....we were sh!te

I actually thought you started out well, but those early substitutions broke up the flow and presumably the gameplan too.

In the second half the introduction of Tevez completely changed the game - well that combined with a much more positive attitude from City in general.

Summed up completely there Rix..

Finally came out of my hole after another dissapointing result. The injury situation is a joke at the

moment. Tuesday night is going to be some night. A must win and depending on another result.

We never it make it easy on ourselves thats for sure.

Will the owners give Benitez more time?

Or will they look at the current situation and think we need more quality in depth?

Very frustrating for us. Roll on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning for some of us).

Finally came out of my hole after another dissapointing result. The injury situation is a joke at the

moment. Tuesday night is going to be some night. A must win and depending on another result.

Or will they look at the current situation and think we need more quality in depth?

Very frustrating for us. Roll on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning for some of us).

I hear we are possibly chasing Roode Van Mistle Toe?? is this correct? Same old story too many draws at home.

I hear we are possibly chasing Roode Van Mistle Toe?? is this correct? Same old story too many draws at home.

we don't have any money to buy van nistelrooy. or to pay him for that matter. and that's only our second draw this season.

Wish the season was over now.

fuc_king depressing isn't it? after last season's great efforts to be hamstrung like we have been this season is incredibly frustrating.

believe it or not Stevie, I do kinda feel bad for you guys (supporters) today.

Well, it could be worse, we could have finished 4th in our group and not even made the consolation competition, like Manure did a few years ago.

I am still a fan, and I like to see my team playing games. Actually, if we go all the way to the Europa League final, it's actually two more games than the Champions League would be as the knockout stages start with a round of 32. So, of course I am disappointed but I will support our club to win this competition, even if it is the "secondary" competition in Europe. Can't worry about what's happened, now. I won't think of this competition as a joke, and if the Europa League trophy is up for the grabbing, of course I want to see Liverpool on that stage in Hamburg celebrating. Why wouldn't I? Just have to look forward to the next match in Europe, whatever club we get. I don't think it's a laugher of a competition, either, as AC Milan found just last season. There will be some good clubs, but it'd be really disappointing at this point if we did not get to the final, in my opinion.

After the poor start we've had, I just want to see a trophy this season, whatever it may be. Carling Cup's out the window so we have three other chances, and the league looks out of reach unless we turn it around quite dramatically. So, Fa Cup, Europa League, I'll take either.

Really wish we could get new owners, and was enjoying reading about the Saudi Prince a month ago, but nothing seems to have come of that, and it appears it was all rumours. I'd take him over the current owners, if there can't be fan ownership. I'd love it if he could buy out both the wanke_rs with the help of Share Liverpool, or whatever that group is called.

An another note, I think it's obvious the biggest problem we've had this season is in defense. We are about in the middle in goals allowed in the league, but it's sad to note that though several clubs have allowed more than us, we have allowed one more than Portsmouth this season (so that obviously means their struggles have been in scoring goals, not so much in conceding, but still, that sucks).

I still think we have one of the top 4 squads in the league, when healthy. No doubt in my mind. We can't blame all this on the loss of one, albeit very influential, player. We can't suddenly be crap like everyone likes to say, because we lost Alonso. Benitez can't suddenly be a horrible manager after working wonders last season and definitely over-achieving, in my opinion. I do think our squad lacks depth in a few areas.

Anyway, bring on Everton.

reason for edit: I guess AC Milan was in the Uefa Cup just last year, not a few years ago.

Edited by Jimjim

everything comes back to the ownership jimjim. the manager wanted to sign a better centreback in the summer, he wasn't allowed the money he was promised. he wanted to buy another top forward to cover/complement torres, he had the money he was promised stolen away.

i'm actually at the point where i've written this season off altogether as the only issue about the club now is getting rid of the two frauds who are bleeding it dry and hopefully getting new owners in who can manage the debt better and back the manager.

it is bloody absurd that we've gone from such a fine season last term to the shambles that is this.

For what James? I don't dance in the streets when Liverpool lose or get knocked out of competitions (unless we are the ones beating them :) ), but nor do i feel bad for them.

Their problems are their problems. Nothing worth feeling bad about mate.

Surely theyll reinstate Liverpool to the Champions League knock out stages as theyve a devine right to success havent they?

At least Man United fans protested against Murdoch and the borrowers that are currently in control even forming a club in the process. You glory seekers and fans brought up thinking youre above every other club are desperate for a Chelsea or Man City esq owner to come in and pour millions of his own money into the club just so you can compete of the top, and thought this was going to happen when these 2 clowns came along.

Not really as big a club as you like to think really, maybe youre going back to being the medium sized club you were before Shankley came along. :)

For what James? I don't dance in the streets when Liverpool lose or get knocked out of competitions (unless we are the ones beating them :) ), but nor do i feel bad for them.

Their problems are their problems. Nothing worth feeling bad about mate.

Believe me I won't lose any sleep over it however if my team was in the shape they are at the moment, I can imagine how I would be feeling. Even though I am a prick I do have a heart. :D

Surely theyll reinstate Liverpool to the Champions League knock out stages as theyve a devine right to success havent they?

At least Man United fans protested against Murdoch and the borrowers that are currently in control even forming a club in the process. You glory seekers and fans brought up thinking youre above every other club are desperate for a Chelsea or Man City esq owner to come in and pour millions of his own money into the club just so you can compete of the top, and thought this was going to happen when these 2 clowns came along.

Not really as big a club as you like to think really, maybe youre going back to being the medium sized club you were before Shankley came along. :)

think you'll find that there is a protest group, shit-for-brains. one which has close ties with FCUM and also IMUSA. it's called the 'spirit of shankly'. which, incidentally, any half-sentient football fan should know how to spell correctly.

Not really as big a club as you like to think really, maybe youre going back to being the medium sized club you were before Shankley came along. :D

Yep...you should go back to school :)

everything comes back to the ownership jimjim. the manager wanted to sign a better centreback in the summer, he wasn't allowed the money he was promised. he wanted to buy another top forward to cover/complement torres, he had the money he was promised stolen away.

i'm actually at the point where i've written this season off altogether as the only issue about the club now is getting rid of the two frauds who are bleeding it dry and hopefully getting new owners in who can manage the debt better and back the manager.

it is bloody absurd that we've gone from such a fine season last term to the shambles that is this.

I agree with you 100%, but I will still watch every game and hope for the best. I won't stop cheering every goal and cringing at every goal conceded. I haven't written off this season completely but my hopes as a fan certainly have taken a hit.

On another note, forgot to mention that we could have easily drew in Hungary. They had a last second chance that Reina stopped by pure luck as that striker Coudibilly or however you spell it shot from about 10 yards out, completely unmarked, and the ball hit our keeper's leg rather than going to one any other of the tens of square feet he had available to him to score. I was pretty surprised it did not go in, really, as killer late goals occurred in the two previous games and I was kind of getting used to it.