Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

you keep talking about Arsenals system, what is there system ? do think arsenals academy is run any different from liverpools ?

You and singhy are talking like aresnal and west ham are the only clubs that bring produce players from there academies :) where do think most of the english players in the premiership learnt there trade ? from a academy at a professional club, it might only have been at watford or similar but it was still an academy with qualified coaches who have got the same coaching badges as coaches at the top clubs.

arsenal's system isn't run any differently than liverpool's they're just several years ahead in terms of development because wenger's been in place a lot longer than benitez has. liverpool's academy and scouting network was in a complete mess when benitez arrived and he had to fight for over three years to get hold of it under his management. since then we've seen players progress much better with insua having come through to make the grade as a first-teamer, martin kelly looks like a real player too and we've got lads like pacheco, nemeth, amoo, dalla valle, ayala and others who should become first team squad players reasonably soon. nathan ecclestone made his first team debut this season too, but that was more enforced than anything else.

us poaching malcolm elias from southampton was one of the best signings we made in recent years, he's an excellent talent-spotter.

you keep talking about Arsenals system, what is there system ? do think arsenals academy is run any different from liverpools ?

You and singhy are talking like aresnal and west ham are the only clubs that bring produce players from there academies :) where do think most of the english players in the premiership learnt there trade ? from a academy at a professional club, it might only have been at watford or similar but it was still an academy with qualified coaches who have got the same coaching badges as coaches at the top clubs.

arsenal's system isn't run any differently than liverpool's they're just several years ahead in terms of development because wenger's been in place a lot longer than benitez has. liverpool's academy and scouting network was in a complete mess when benitez arrived and he had to fight for over three years to get hold of it under his management. since then we've seen players progress much better with insua having come through to make the grade as a first-teamer, martin kelly looks like a real player too and we've got lads like pacheco, nemeth, amoo, dalla valle, ayala and others who should become first team squad players reasonably soon. nathan ecclestone made his first team debut this season too, but that was more enforced than anything else.

us poaching malcolm elias from southampton was one of the best signings we made in recent years, he's an excellent talent-spotter.

Agree about Insua, lad has potential.

i don't even think there academy is years ahead, but there scouting network might well be, thats how they are bringing all these good young foreigners youngsters through.i think arsenals motto might be "find them, then coach them" :D

Firstly who has beaten the mighty Man U,In the last 3 appearances.........Liverpool... I rest my case.

2. Use spellcheck.

You come from a city where the people speak in the same sound as a radio when its changing frequency, im sure a few back to front becuases wont confuse you when your used to listening to that sound.

Besides i was 3rd best in my class at spelling.

How many stewed ants in the class.......3???

Just read here in sydney Stevie that there is a lot of disharmony in the reds change room??? apparently been like this for some time,reports an agent of one of our stars.He says the atmosphere is really bad.

i don't even think there academy is years ahead, but there scouting network might well be, thats how they are bringing all these good young foreigners youngsters through.i think arsenals motto might be "find them, then coach them" :D

yes, their scouting network is well ahead you're right. arsenal also pays talented youngsters far, far more than we do to help get them to sign.

Just read here in sydney Stevie that there is a lot of disharmony in the reds change room??? apparently been like this for some time,reports an agent of one of our stars.He says the atmosphere is really bad.

from what i've heard there's a lot of pissed offness because of the form and the run of results, and carragher and gerrard have both had a go at voronin and babel for being lazy cun_ts. i wouldn't say a lot of disharmony though. what i have heard via gerrard is that aquilani looks the dog's <deleted> in training. can't wait to see him play properly.

Voronin was great his first season until he got injured, sad to see him not do well with us these days, even after having a good season in Germany. I know Rafa may disagree, but we need one more top striker, in my opinion. Ngog has been doing great, though, in my opinion. Not that we have any money for that, though.

Not like we can really be sure about some reports about disharmony in the dressing room, here, though.

Lets get a win Sunday.

Voronin was great his first season until he got injured, sad to see him not do well with us these days, even after having a good season in Germany. I know Rafa may disagree, but we need one more top striker, in my opinion. Ngog has been doing great, though, in my opinion. Not that we have any money for that, though.

Not like we can really be sure about some reports about disharmony in the dressing room, here, though.

Lets get a win Sunday.

Voronin, has always been sh!te Jim. Face facts. Hope Alberto is the answer...we will have to wit and see. I realy hope the deal for RVN pulls off...master stroke if so.

Lets get a win Sunday.

nah voronin's always been <deleted>, and he's also a lazy, moaning, chain-smoking arsehol_e with it.

rafa doesn't disagree, he wanted to sign another forward in the summer when he also wanted to sign michael turner from hull, but he had his transfer budget slashed to help pay for the americans' debt refinancing.

and yes, a win at the pit will cheer everyone up. torres might even be back for it yet.

Pre Match Press Conference LFC v Everton

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I'll face facts, fellas. Voronin scored 3 in his first 4 for us, so he did start brightly. Came off the bench in a couple of those games, too. Then he got injured soon after and was never anything special after that. That's what I said in the first place.

And only about 10% of what the papers say actually happens. We have no clue if RVN would come to Anfield, and it's likely it's just made up like most of the rumors out there.

Edited by Jimjim

I'll face facts, fellas. Voronin scored 3 in his first 4 for us, so he did start brightly. Came off the bench in a couple of those games, too. Then he got injured soon after and was never anything special after that. That's what I said in the first place.

And only about 10% of what the papers say actually happens. We have no clue if RVN would come to Anfield, and it's likely it's just made up like most of the rumors out there.

If RVN joins, then we could do a poll on see who stays healthy longer - Owen or him.

A hard earned 3 points.

Thought Mascherano was great and Pepe. Stevie looked a little tired but I think he will get back to his best

in the next couple of weeks. It was nice to wake up with a smile today :) .

Dirk Kuyt, gotta love him, that lad does some running around. Carra got man of the match also.

Happy days.

christ that was typical derby awful wasn't it? mascherano and lucas played well i thought, reina class as always. carragher's definitely better with agger next to him and we really needed the scrappy win. everton remain a pub side though.

christ that was typical derby awful wasn't it? mascherano and lucas played well i thought, reina class as always. carragher's definitely better with agger next to him and we really needed the scrappy win. everton remain a pub side though.

I guess a win is definately what we needed,i thought it was very scrappy at times a lot of kick and chase by our lads,Gerrard was very ordinary in the first session,but put together a few good passes in the 2nd,Carragher was solid at the back,and yes Pepe was strong.

Did anyone notice the linesman in the first half?? when a decision by him for a foul,or offside he would place his hand behind his back and give the thumbs up to the Everton Punters?? maybe a local?? ha ha.

It was an awful display and Carra summed it up when he said something about it not being a great display by Liverpool but what matters is the result. I can not understand why we were defending so deep and just letting them come on to us. Everton really dominated large parts of the first half although they had little to show for it, but they really could have easily scored 2 as they had an easy chance in the first half and in the second half we were just plain lucky when Fellaini hit the ball right at Reina when it was probably easier to score.

Good to get a little luck for once and I know it was a derby game, so hope we can show a better performance and get the result next week. Great derby match, though, with the tackles flying in all over. Loved it.

It was an awful display and Carra summed it up when he said something about it not being a great display by Liverpool but what matters is the result. I can not understand why we were defending so deep and just letting them come on to us. Everton really dominated large parts of the first half although they had little to show for it, but they really could have easily scored 2 as they had an easy chance in the first half and in the second half we were just plain lucky when Fellaini hit the ball right at Reina when it was probably easier to score.

Good to get a little luck for once and I know it was a derby game, so hope we can show a better performance and get the result next week. Great derby match, though, with the tackles flying in all over. Loved it.

I think "Carra" should have kept his mouth shut, his was one of the worst displays. But goals get points, there are no moral victories and Everton need to start winning--if you'll excuse me stating the bleedin' obvious.

ouch, really jim? wasn't luck that, it was world class goalkeeping. reina's been superb this season, one of our few bright spots.

I think "Carra" should have kept his mouth shut, his was one of the worst displays. But goals get points, there are no moral victories and Everton need to start winning--if you'll excuse me stating the bleedin' obvious.

So when he was asked the question by the interviewer he should have just stared at him and said nothing? And I don't see why he needed to keep his mouth shut when he said the performance was not that good. He's one of the most honest lads out there and he did not say everyone else played crap except him, he was including himself in the assessment, for sure. And, I really don't care what Everton needs to start doing. They can keep losing for all I care.

And StevieH, it was a world class save but it was also a bit lucky, Fellaini could easily have scored as he had about three feet to the left of Reina in which to put the ball but kicked it right at his midsection and Pepe saved it with this stomach! Great double save, though, first one was down to pure skill and the second to just making himself big and hurrying the Belgian.

I'm sure everyone will be fit to play. All eyes on the reds again. Lets follow up with another 3 points.

I will take another scrappy win at the moment. We can turn it on for the gunners next week and

get people talking about us again. We all know December is a big month and a lot of football to be played.

Blackburn played a big game through the week and hats off to them but I think we will have too much

for them come Saturday. The dark days are behind us. :)