Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I am sorry Stevie!

But i don't know how long ago it was that you went to this fixture at Old Trafford?

It has always been a bad atmosphere if you are a scourer,same as it is when we mancs turn up at your cesspit excuse for a ground.

Proper good day out.

not been for a long time as it goes man, think 2004 was my last away at united. according to mates who've continued to go the past few years it's got nastier and more vitriolic. still nothing like the days of the early and mid-80s though like.

Last season (or maybe it was the one before) I watched the Liverpool/Manyoo game at a pub in Blackpool. Full of supporters of both sides. Yikes - I won't make that mistake again. When I made some clever-dick comment about the refereeing they mometarily jointly rounded on me - worst moment of my life!

Last season (or maybe it was the one before) I watched the Liverpool/Manyoo game at a pub in Blackpool. Full of supporters of both sides. Yikes - I won't make that mistake again. When I made some clever-dick comment about the refereeing they mometarily jointly rounded on me - worst moment of my life!

Blackpool is on my (admittedly short) list of places never to visit again, alongside Coventry and Barnstaple.

were you by yourself? if so fair play to you for having the balls to even open your mouth in a pub in blackpool. absolutely desperate place that is these days.

if i were by myself in a blackpool pub i think i'd even order my pint using sign language.

Edited by StevieH

So Abrak...do you reckon Kenny has what it takes to secure you fourth spot?

BTW I was reminded of this question watching a film last night.

When it is asked there is always some bright spark LFC supporter who says something along the lines 'if you were a real supporter, you would know that unless it (being say 4th) is mathematically impossible, then we still have a chance. You need to place more support and faith in the club.'

Of course if it was mathematically impossible so we had zero chance, I rather assume he wouldnt ask my opinion on the subject in the first place, as he would already know the answer.

However, this comment is perhaps best illustrated in this short film clip from dumb and dumber.

Not in a United Liverpool game....we never go quiet,good idea though MB i can see you are scared of us again.

Typical RAG comment. Can't see how you deduce that from what I said huh.png To be honest, unlike the RAGS we appreciate how good you are and never underestimate it but don't confuse that with being scared.

And don't confuse a tactic for an emotion

Not in a United Liverpool game....we never go quiet,good idea though MB i can see you are scared of us again.

Typical RAG comment. Can't see how you deduce that from what I said huh.png To be honest, unlike the RAGS we appreciate how good you are and never underestimate it but don't confuse that with being scared.

And don't confuse a tactic for an emotion

Suarez would do well to heed your words Nelly.

All this talk of handshakes and all is starting to piss me off aswell but if i were a Liverpool fan i'd be mighty narked with the whole Suarez/ Evra verdict given on hearsay. i don't want to start this one up again but suffice to say it stinks.

Morning carmine,

Of course it stinks to you. In spite of not being privy to the evidence that was given, you had already made your own determination of guilt and innocence right from the very beginning, and it was very obvious that your respective pre-set feelings for both players, especially your feelings for Erva, played a big role in your thought process. Had the verdict been in Suarez's favour, i'm sure you would have claimed it a victory for justice and applauded those on the board.

Seems to me like you would have accepted any outcome, providing it was the one you believed in.

Please don't confuse any of what i have said as a defence of Erva, or an attack on Suarez however. My position, remains as it has from the start. I'm am not fully aware of all that went on behind those closed doors of the hearing, or what information was shared, or what evidence given, to make a judgement. My only comments would be that for one, whatever Suarez did say, an 8 match ban seemed pretty stiff, and for two, if there was any evidence that Erva racially abused Suarez, which from what i have heard may well have been the case, he too should have faced action.

As for Stevie's earlier comment about the press hounding Kenny for a comment on it all, and then attacking him for going on about it when he did, Kenny and LFC in my opinion to a large extent got themselves into that sort of situation by having, right from the beginning, been very vocal about it all, at a time when all there was was one man's word against another's. So they chose to believe the man that just happened to play for them, although no doubt that played no part whatsoever in how they arrived at that belief, and set about defending him staunchly and at times ridiculously.

It wasn't like our player wasn't being attacked also. Yes the hearing might not have been against him, and i agree that makes a difference, but even so, he was being accused of a lot of things in and around the press and the media, such as racism and lying. Did you see SAF springing to his defence? Did you see our guys decked out in t-shirts? No you didn't. Manchester United was almost completely silent on it all. They said, let the hearing proceed, let them examine the evidence, and let them make their decision, and that was it. Liverpool should have done something similar. They should have simply reasserted that they and all their players were fully on board with the fight racism thing and that they would not comment on a case that was ongoing. Leave it at that.

Anyway carmine, i know you did say you didn't want to start this one up again, but you kind of did.

Hope it's a good game this evening, and hope the team that deserves to win, does exactly that.

I agree with your post rixalex accept the last bit.........under no circumstances do i want Liverpool to win even if they deserve to.

Thing is red, i might be an atheist but that doesn't mean i have no beliefs. I believe in karma. If your team cheats and wins, somewhere down the line, the situation will be redressed. Just a matter of time.

I agree with your post rixalex accept the last bit.........under no circumstances do i want Liverpool to win even if they deserve to.

Thing is red, i might be an atheist but that doesn't mean i have no beliefs. I believe in karma. If your team cheats and wins, somewhere down the line, the situation will be redressed. Just a matter of time.

So all these trophy laden years shows that we are God's team jap.gif and play the game how it should be played correctly and in the spirit of the great game.

.................. clap2.gif

So all these trophy laden years shows that we are God's team jap.gif and play the game how it should be played correctly and in the spirit of the great game.

Exactly where does Nani fit into this?

• Like 1

Exactly where does Nani fit into this?

Good shout

Something should definately be done about Evra's "celebration" at the end. Ridiculous and done to incite a reaction, whether it be from supporters or Liverpool players. Over the mark that.

Suarez is a low life <deleted>. No class at all. The handshake snub justified the ban 100%. No sympathy for the Argie git !

I hope Evra enjoyed his celebration.

Edited by cardholder
  • Like 1

Something should definately be done about Evra's "celebration" at the end. Ridiculous and done to incite a reaction, whether it be from supporters or Liverpool players. Over the mark that.

Suarez is a low life <deleted>. No class at all. The handshake snub justified the ban 100%. No sympathy for the Argie git !

I disagree. Suarez obviously feels he was innocent of racist remarks, so why should he feel the need to shake the hand of someone who got him an 8 match ban. Ferdinand was worse, nothing to do with him but he snubbed Suarez. You say that Suarez has no class, well that Evra celebration showed he hasn't got any either. He should have rose above it, especially seeing as he was appointed captain. Makes you wonder what was behind that decision as well

We played badly no doubts about it. No passion looked very edgy from the start and we didn't come out until the last 10 mins, too little too late.

Never an easy fixture there but expected better. Man u put in a good performance and deserved the win.

Next...

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

I disagree. Suarez obviously feels he was innocent of racist remarks, so why should he feel the need to shake the hand of someone who got him an 8 match ban. Ferdinand was worse, nothing to do with him but he snubbed Suarez. You say that Suarez has no class, well that Evra celebration showed he hasn't got any either. He should have rose above it, especially seeing as he was appointed captain. Makes you wonder what was behind that decision as well

i disagree Mr Bo.

Suarez was found guilty of calling Evra a "negro". The 'rule of law' (in this instance the football authorities) must prevail.

He would have made more friends by showing a degree of humility (Evra was the 'wronged person remember - FACT!).

His petulance with the handshake and again at half time was no better or worse than Evra's exaggerated celebration - a score draw in puerile stakes.

Evra being made captain was someway down the stakes compared to the Suarez T shirt support fiasco. His celebrations were more about relief - especially after accidently gifting Suarez a consolation goal

Edited by cardholder

i disagree Mr Bo.

Suarez was found guilty of calling Evra a "negro". The 'rule of law' (in this instance the football authorities) must prevail.

He would have made more friends by showing a degree of humility (Evra was the 'wronged person remember - FACT!).

His petulance with the handshake and again at half time was no better or worse than Evra's exaggerated celebration - a score draw in puerile stakes.

Evra being made captain was someway down the stakes compared to the Suarez T shirt support fiasco. His celebrations were more about relief - especially after accidently gifting Suarez a consolation goal

I know he got found guilty by those (expletive) in the FA. All I am saying is that Suarez doesn't consider himself to be a racist and that is what he has been basically labelled by the FA. Not shaking hands isn't that bad, no big deal with ref to Bridge/Terry. What reason did Ferdinand have then? He committed the same thing but nothing said.

To me. What Evra did at the end was deliberate and to instigate a reaction, to which he should be brought to task. IMO. I don't know yet if it kicked off in the tunnel but I wouldn't be surprised. Suarez not shaking hands didn't cause that, as there was probably less bookings in this game than any previous encounters between the two. You can only therefore assume that it didn't really cause concern to the other players.

I know he got found guilty by those (expletive) in the FA. All I am saying is that Suarez doesn't consider himself to be a racist and that is what he has been basically labelled by the FA. Not shaking hands isn't that bad, no big deal with ref to Bridge/Terry. What reason did Ferdinand have then? He committed the same thing but nothing said.

To me. What Evra did at the end was deliberate and to instigate a reaction, to which he should be brought to task. IMO. I don't know yet if it kicked off in the tunnel but I wouldn't be surprised. Suarez not shaking hands didn't cause that, as there was probably less bookings in this game than any previous encounters between the two. You can only therefore assume that it didn't really cause concern to the other players.

See what Ferguson said about the potential 'incitement' of Suarez's actions.

End of the day nobody died and was dummies spat out of the pram again.

I did notice that Dalgleish has acquired wenger's myopic tendencies !!:)

See what Ferguson said about the potential 'incitement' of Suarez's actions.

End of the day nobody died and was dummies spat out of the pram again.

I did notice that Dalgleish has acquired wenger's myopic tendencies !!smile.png

Yep. Fergie made a meal of it but forgot about Ferdinand not shaking hands. And telling Liverpool to sell Suarez is disgraceful. All the beautiful behaviours United players have shown over the years. Could you imagine the reaction from him if someone had of said the same?

Dalglish said In his interview " how could I have seen it I was still in the tunnel finishingh off an interview".