Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Their a sensitive lot Abrak

Made the mistake of stating a few facts about their recent form and surmised I think Spurs have been the most overrated team in the league given what their fans had been saying all season.

Correct me if I am wrong but given we have won a Trophy already this year, in the final of the FA Cup and qualified for Europa already but sat in 8th in the league compared to their 5th position the league which is very looking likely they will finish 6th! with not trophies or finals to play or any qualification in Europe. Does that still equate to them having a better season than us?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

You're a joker Dev. Atleast we are a team that can have aspirations of CL rather than you lot, wallowing in mid table mediocrity with nothing more than a domestic cup run to look forward to. Well done winning the wothless cup because fact is the rest of us couldn't really give a toss about that one. You're a mug mate.laugh.png

You have aspirations and we have aspirations, thing is neither of us will will get champions league this season, It's looking to me like you will be 7th we will be 8th, so welcome to mid table mediocrity sweetheart. Obviously you will feel more comfortable here, having spent most of your time here. We have won a worthless cup, one that you failed to win (want it or not) and are in the final of the FA cup, which you would love to win even though you have won it loads of times before. So I am leaning towards us being more satisfied with our season than yours. You will need more players than us in closed season because of the exodus, and God knows who your manager will be. Good luck

P.S i would have put a few smilies in but I have nothing to smile about so didn't

If we were to lose any players it would be for big money from big teams, which of your players would go for big money ? perhaps Suarez if your lucky !!!! oh and Carroll 24.gif

I'm glad you put that part in bold as perhaps when you look at it again you will be able to read itjerk.gif You will notice it says nothing about our players leaving. How much do you think Modrich will hold out for? On a serious note though, what do you think you will do if you get the same kind of situations we have had where it has seemed best to just let the player go?

The disappointing thing for both your teams is your performances and deterioration as the season has gone on.

Sort of makes it a wasted season unless you can call it a transition period....but then again at Liverpool a transition takes many years now so i read and at Spurs a transition period began when Mr Capello resigned.

The point being neither of your clubs are any better off than when you started the League season,Liverpool have won a cup so that could be contrived a successful season but only in a disguised way,most real scourers now that it is the League and Europe that is the yardstick for a great Liverpool side.

Spurs played some wonderful stuff early on and have been good to watch but sadly for there fans they have gone back to the normality of dead end football that they are so good at.A place in the Champions League is now a struggle and all the early work has come to nowt,then they blame Harry for being a bad tactician which really we all new at the start of the seasson.

Being a good man manager can only get you so far,if and it is a big if? he joins England ....i will be gutted and Spurs fans should be very happy that they can go on to the next step with a manager that is tactically aware in the times games are tight!

Kenny is just King and long may he reign tongue.png the players there are not Liverpool players from the mould of Gerrard or Carragher and it started when Benitez started changing the style of the club chasing his dream in Europe with disregard to the league.

Anyway rant over both sets of fans will be deliriously happy that you will be playing each other in Baltimore clap2.gif in a pre-season friendly in the summer i see. thumbsup.gif

Very true, both sets of fans had huge hopes at the start of the season. Ours started to disappear with the home results. Spurs played well up until the Rednapp trial and England debate. I think we can all look forward with some hope though. If we can sign a tidy attacking mid-fielder and a out and out goal scorer we will be a much better team and I'm sure results will come (and hopefully confidence again). I'm happier with the way we are trying to play we just need that edge to score more goals. Spurs should be happy to have played the way they have, and cross their fingers that they can keep the team and ethos intact

The disappointing thing for both your teams is your performances and deterioration as the season has gone on.

Sort of makes it a wasted season unless you can call it a transition period....but then again at Liverpool a transition takes many years now so i read and at Spurs a transition period began when Mr Capello resigned.

Bit early to write the season off for either club.

Spurs still stand a decent chance of 4th and if they then go on to qualify for CL this run of lousy form will soon be forgotten. It really wont matter if they just scrape qualification.

For Liverpool, if we do lift the FA cup and it is a big if at the moment, it is hard to turn your nose up at a season when you win two cups even if you do have a piss poor league performance.

I'm glad you put that part in bold as perhaps when you look at it again you will be able to read itjerk.gif You will notice it says nothing about our players leaving. How much do you think Modrich will hold out for? On a serious note though, what do you think you will do if you get the same kind of situations we have had where it has seemed best to just let the player go?

Quite right, nothing about any of your players leaving but which of the big clubs would want any of them ? The only player i can see leaving out of the current best 11 at spurs is Modric for 35-40 m, which won't harm us one little bit, with him playing centre mid it leaves us a little weak there and we have an abundance of centre mid players all a lot stronger than Modric, Huddlestone to hopefully come back Modric so nothing lost and 40m gained.

""""uhhm, interesting. i apologize for calling you sweetheart but I honestly thought you were a girl, because of your user name, and used sweetheart as a term of endearment. As for your sexuality, I neither know or care what it is.

i think you will find that we are all making predictions (guesses)about the future and a lot of us are shaking our heads at the past year. i agree that we will all need to wait and see, but my appraisal though tongue in cheek was also pretty much what I believe I think the league will end up

Man U

Man city

Arsenal

Newcastle

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

Everton

Fulham

Swansea

I think we will win the FA cup, with Chelsea commited 100% to the league, and that it will snow this Christmas. Don't bet on any of these as i'm not certain they are only informed guesses """

Liverpool above Everton? tongue.png don't worry i won't bet on that!

Edited by MrRed

When?

was that a year ago? because he is not going anywhere for that amount of money now.

Yeh right!

Have to say i agree with Red. Combination of the market and his performances not being quite as dazzling as they were, add up to a drop in his value, i would say. 30m is i reckon about the most you'll get, unless someone is a bit desperate. Might be wrong. I imagine we'll find out quite soon.

When?

was that a year ago? because he is not going anywhere for that amount of money now.

Yeh right!

Have to say i agree with Red. Combination of the market and his performances not being quite as dazzling as they were, add up to a drop in his value, i would say. 30m is i reckon about the most you'll get, unless someone is a bit desperate. Might be wrong. I imagine we'll find out quite soon.

there will be a couple of teams that would/will pay 40m. I also hope we sell him this time around. Ofcourse he's not worth it, doesn't score enough goals for a start.

When?

Short memory ah Red, Modric has probaly played better in the first 6 months of this season than he did last season, to be fair you could do with him !

Welcome to Carrow Road on Saturday, evening KO 11:30pm in Thailand. I'll go for a 2-2

yeah that sounds probably about right mate. few of ours should have their tails up and be playing for fa cup final shirts but we are pretty easy to play against at present.

When?

Short memory ah Red, Modric has probaly played better in the first 6 months of this season than he did last season, to be fair you could do with him !

Alfie,i have already posted on one midfielder that looks almost a certainty to be at OT next year and it isn't Modric,The Benfica lad Nicolas Gaitan and also Hazard are genuine strong targets for United also i think that Club Athletico could be raided too. i would love to know who you and Carmine think will pay 40 million for Modric whistling.gif

I think United have bigger targets than a want away average midfielder.

I have been (and am) travelling so was unable to post a genuine well done for that semi-final capitulation of ours - utterly predictable as soon as Distin mishit the backpass, and the usual result quickly unfolded.

But other than that - and Woy's triumphant return (unbelievable result that one), Commoli going, the team in disarray, and langushing mid table, Gerrard complaining the team just aren't good enough (incredible honesty- I wonder if "we're just unlucky" KK will fine him for his outspokenness and dissing the110m GBP he's wasted on transfer fees to finish so many points off CL qualification and behind the leaders?), a lot is going on here.

Imagine if, week in, week out SAF popped up to blame the woodwork and "bad luck" for umderperformances as bad as these for such an expensively assembled side.

Add to that the implosion of this thread as Reds start to panic and bitch, unused to having to support a mediocre team with zero prospects of improvement, watching the real teams disappear out of sight, and I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on recent posts here!

By the way, your new rivals are us, Newcastle, West Brom, Sunderland, Fulham and Swansea. Get used to it.

And after happily unburdening myself above - a serious question - do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (cool.png will be given a chance to turn things round next season?

Or has he had his chips.

it would be a bit sad if this thread imploded as some other supporters would have to put up with you as only well supported clubs tend to have threadscoffee1.gif

Some answers to my questions might have been a bit more insightful that your silly comment.

I have been (and am) travelling so was unable to post a genuine well done for that semi-final capitulation of ours - utterly predictable as soon as Distin mishit the backpass, and the usual result quickly unfolded.

ut other than that - and Woy's triumphant return (unbelievable result that one), Commoli going, the team in disarray, and langushing mid table, Gerrard complaining the team just aren't good enough (incredible honesty- I wonder if "we're just unlucky" KK will fine him for his outspokenness and dissing the110m GBP he's wasted on transfer fees to finish so many points off CL qualification and behind the leaders?), a lot is going on here.

Imagine if, week in, week out SAF popped up to blame the woodwork and "bad luck" for umderperformances as bad as these for such an expensively assembled side.

Add to that the implosion of this thread as Reds start to panic and bitch, unused to having to support a mediocre team with zero prospects of improvement, watching the real teams disappear out of sight, and I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on recent posts here!

By the way, your new rivals are us, Newcastle, West Brom, Sunderland, Fulham and Swansea. Get used to it.

And after happily unburdening myself above - a serious question - do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (cool.png will be given a chance to turn things round next season?

Or has he had his chips.

it would be a bit sad if this thread imploded as some other supporters would have to put up with you as only well supported clubs tend to have threadscoffee1.gif

Some answers to my questions might have been a bit more insightful that your silly comment.

Come on mate practically all of your comment was "silly": and where were the questions? All you did was poke fun at Liverpool You really need to understand the way these forums work, you take the piss out of me or my club, I do it back. It is obvious that you do not support Liverpool, so in my way I am pointing out that you support a club that do not have a sub-forum of it's own. Also check out the emoticon, it's there to let you know the post is tongue in cheek. If I have upset your sensibilities an apology may be in order.....but then again maybe notwink.png

Come on mate practically all of your comment was "silly": and where were the questions? All you did was poke fun at Liverpool You really need to understand the way these forums work, you take the piss out of me or my club, I do it back. It is obvious that you do not support Liverpool, so in my way I am pointing out that you support a club that do not have a sub-forum of it's own. Also check out the emoticon, it's there to let you know the post is tongue in cheek. If I have upset your sensibilities an apology may be in order.....but then again maybe notwink.png

Blimey you wouldn't think you were a relative newbie on this forum, but thanks for the heads up on how they work. I am flattered you might think me sensitive though.

And the questions in my above post were:

do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (B) will be given a chance to turn things round next season?