Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

14 years at one club at his level is magnificent loyalty.

I thought it was more to do with death threats. Stevie might know more.

Thanks, mate. Now let's talk about a story from 4 years ago so everyone can have a pop at Liverpool and it's "gangsters."

Edited by Jimjim

One of our many (most will never happen) targets is Luuk de Jong. He looks a good player and he's young, so plenty of time to improve and get better. Hasn't hit his peak yet, most likely. I like him and I'd say go for it. Dutch players usually do very well in the Premier League and he scored 29 goals overall for this club this season, and 25 in 24 in the league.

Also I don't think we'll keep him, again, but Aqualani looks like he will not be bought by Milan. He didn't hit the minimum number of games to hit the automatic buy and it sounds like they won't make an official move for him.

Anyway, I know we have two games left and we are all disappointed with this season, but I think we can beat Chelsea, Tuesday, and then sit back and see what becomes of the summer after what I will predict will be a draw at best against Swansea. Will be another interesting summer and it will lead to the inevitable spring of optimism in August...which in the last 3 seasons has turned into disappointment by November.

Edited by Jimjim

One of our many (most will never happen) targets is Luuk de Jong. He looks a good player and he's young, so plenty of time to improve and get better. Hasn't hit his peak yet, most likely. I like him and I'd say go for it. Dutch players usually do very well in the Premier League and he scored 29 goals overall for this club this season, and 25 in 24 in the league.

Also I don't think we'll keep him, again, but Aqualani looks like he will not be bought by Milan. He didn't hit the minimum number of games to hit the automatic buy and it sounds like they won't make an official move for him.

Anyway, I know we have two games left and we are all disappointed with this season, but I think we can beat Chelsea, Tuesday, and then sit back and see what becomes of the summer after what I will predict will be a draw at best against Swansea. Will be another interesting summer and it will lead to the inevitable spring of optimism in August...which in the last 3 seasons has turned into disappointment by November.

If you could afford him and he would be willing to leave the other de jong at man city would do a good job for you.

Thanks, mate. Now let's talk about a story from 4 years ago so everyone can have a pop at Liverpool and it's "gangsters."

But to be fair its legacy is still relevant, because Gerrard would have left for Chelsea a few years ago had he been able to.

nah, was it buggery. no matter how many times sharecropper and his fellow evertonians might parrot that nonsense it will never make it true. liverpool is the worst city on earth for unfounded gossip.

his dad advised him that he might be making an enormous mistake and to think very hard about it. he thought about it, decided to stay. there's no more story here however hard people dig.

he played in and won a european cup final, something very few footballers can say. he came damned close to captaining liverpool to the league title in 2009. he's had a great career and been an amazing player.

Nice final home game of the season last night and some pride restored for the faithful home fans.

Downing, Johnson, Henderson, Carroll played out their skins, was it for their LFC Careers or an eye on a possible call up to the Euros?

Thought Chelsea were terrible at the back but credit has to be given to Andy and Luis who ran riot last night . They have shown they can form a good partnership now. They were an absolute handful and I dare say they would cause any defence a few problems with that kind of form.

Andy looked completely unplayable last night...and he has improved his ground game so we can mix it now. Was that the Newcastle Carroll we thought we had bought? I think it was....If he can do that 80% of his games next season he will be a good player for us I am sure of it.

We still need more attacking options in the Summer brought in a Attacking midfielder and a pacey wide player. As I agree the last few games our midfield looks very lightweight again without Gerrard and Lucas and of course a lack of experience in this key area.

Interesting Summer ahead and will Kenny be given the chance to build a team over the next few years.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

a glimpse of what might have been with our home form this season. carroll is indeed looking a bit beastly lately. still need a lot of work doing in the summer though. and i still hate downing.

a glimpse of what might have been with our home form this season. carroll is indeed looking a bit beastly lately. still need a lot of work doing in the summer though. and i still hate downing.

Agreed

Think we may look to go 4-3-3 next year, needs the right players i.e. a quality goalscoring wide forward and a strong CM option. Carroll is starting to look a lot more comfortable in the team lately

long term, it may fit better in the PL than 4-2-3-1 which we saw under Benitez, the problem with that formation was that while it was solid it meant we often only had 1 quality striker in the whole squad, most sides in the PL have 3 or 4 strikers

need to buy better this year and cut loose some of the lags and those who simply arent working here i.e. Downing. Would also like to see Shelvey play more at the expense of Adam/Spearing, think long term he has more ability. Still needs fine tuning but like what I see from Jonjo

In terms of 'work to do in the summer', the second half of this season has been disastrous.

For the first half - 19 games - LFC scored a respectable 34 points. In fact, double it - 68 points - and we would be looking at 4th.

For the second half of the season - 18 games so far - LFC has scored 18 points. That places us 16th, just ahead of Stoke on goal difference. Exactly how badly we have done in the second half of the season tends to get papered over by the performance in the first half (aw well as the cup runs.)

Agreed

Think we may look to go 4-3-3 next year, needs the right players i.e. a quality goalscoring wide forward and a strong CM option. Carroll is starting to look a lot more comfortable in the team lately

long term, it may fit better in the PL than 4-2-3-1 which we saw under Benitez, the problem with that formation was that while it was solid it meant we often only had 1 quality striker in the whole squad, most sides in the PL have 3 or 4 strikers

need to buy better this year and cut loose some of the lags and those who simply arent working here i.e. Downing. Would also like to see Shelvey play more at the expense of Adam/Spearing, think long term he has more ability. Still needs fine tuning but like what I see from Jonjo

i don't think there was a problem with the 4-2-3-1 formation mate, and it's my favourite one - but it rests on you having 2 boss centre mids in there, where in 2009 we had mascherano and alonso. i'd like to see us do it next season really by signing a boss centre mid who can both play alongside and cover lucas and a top left-sided attacker. then play

new lad, lucas

suarez, gerrard, new lad

carroll

4-2-3-1 is great for bringing your fullbacks into attacks, and in johnson in particular we've got one of the best around for that. but if you're going with that then your 1 striker and the 3 off him have got to contribute goals shared amongst them. which in 2009 we had with torres, gerrard, kuyt, even benayoun chipping in a bunch.

we're not that far off but we're going to need to spend a bit on a couple of punts this summer, similar to the alonso, torres, suarez purchases in years gone by. lads who are talented and will come good but who are still under-23 and not senior enough to command massive fees yet. whether or not it's kenny making the choices and signings remains to be seen.

In terms of 'work to do in the summer', the second half of this season has been disastrous.

For the first half - 19 games - LFC scored a respectable 34 points. In fact, double it - 68 points - and we would be looking at 4th.

For the second half of the season - 18 games so far - LFC has scored 18 points. That places us 16th, just ahead of Stoke on goal difference. Exactly how badly we have done in the second half of the season tends to get papered over by the performance in the first half (aw well as the cup runs.)

it's all ifs, buts and maybes of course but with lucas in the team this season we got 23 points in 12 matches, at 1.91 points per game. without lucas it's been 29 points from 25 games at 1.16 points a game. if we'd kept up the 'with lucas' rate we'd have 70 points now from 37 games and be safely 3rd.

we've lost a lot of points this season because we've been crap, young, inexperienced and lightweight in centre mid.

Good point about Lucas. I was thinking about him during the Chelsea match. I had almost totally forgotten about Michael Essien, who used to be key to any Chelsea team. He is back 4 months from an ACL injury and looks a pale shadow of the player he was the other evening (and should have been sent off for his tackle on Carroll.) Lucas is younger and I hope we have more luck with him.

I totally agree about Lucas. I think that's the main reason our form has been so poor. Just shows how immense and what an amazing player for us he has become. Best midfield tackler in the league, according to the stats. And that's a "fact." I think the last 2 seasons have shown that with him, we are a much better team. I think we would have taken far more league points with him the team.

"People just don't know how good Lucas is." - Rafa, 2008

New kit out! Love it or hate it? I for one like it. Simple, classic, and red. The yellow lettering strongly hints, to me, anyway, that our away or Euro kit will be yellow. And I would welcome it. Let's get rid of this boring black or dark gray nonsense, I say. yellow away kits are what I feel should always be our away kits, every single year.

http://www.liverpool...kit-for-2012-13

Edited by Jimjim

This can't be good news. Read today that although Kenny is staying, due to not qualifying for Champ League, his budget will be slashed and he will have to look for bargains, free agents and players who can leave on Bosnans. That's not exactly giving fans confidence of what they intend to go for next season is it?

This can't be good news. Read today that although Kenny is staying, due to not qualifying for Champ League, his budget will be slashed and he will have to look for bargains, free agents and players who can leave on Bosnans. That's not exactly giving fans confidence of what they intend to go for next season is it?

was that from the mirror boj? i can't imagine why they would know boo about our summer plans since they were banned from melwood and all LFC press conferences earlier this year.

was that from the mirror boj? i can't imagine why they would know boo about our summer plans since they were banned from melwood and all LFC press conferences earlier this year.

Yeah it was from the mirror stevie. Probably unfounded by the sounds of it. No wonder they were banned if they are making that kind of stuff up.

Yeah it was from the mirror stevie. Probably unfounded by the sounds of it. No wonder they were banned if they are making that kind of stuff up.

they were banned for running a massive headline screaming 'racists' or similar when we played oldham earlier this season and that oldham player complained that someone in the crowd had racially abused him. turned out they hadn't, he'd probably just misheard and the police said there was no case to pursue. didn't stop the mirror from running an unfounded story complete with piously ranting op-eds. so the club told them where to go.

think that's our best home shirt for years. possibly even decades. they've finally got the badge absolutely spot on.

Agree looks quite nice except for the 96 on the back maybe they should have added a permanent black arm band toobiggrin.png better than our new one by nike, our is the worst for many years.

think that's our best home shirt for years. possibly even decades. they've finally got the badge absolutely spot on.

Agree looks quite nice except for the 96 on the back maybe they should have added a permanent black arm band toobiggrin.png better than our new one by nike, our is the worst for many years.

well they've sort of fuc_ked up as they have removed the hillsborough flames from the badge without consulting the HJC campaign. clumsy that.

united's new one looks like a picnic blanket. or something an old person wears over their knees when in a bath chair.

or something an old person wears over their knees when in a bath chair.

Obviously Fergie had something to do with the design then biggrin.png

oh yes. can see him sat there in a cardigan with a bag of werther's originals by his side. SPEAK UP PHELAN I CAN'T HEAR YOU HOW MANY EXTRA MINUTES DID YOU ARRANGE WITH THE FOURTH OFFICIAL WAS IT THE USUAL UNTIL WE SCORE? could someone please empty my bag again it appears to be full.

• Like 1

“Financially, the figures that are bandied about, to me, don’t match up with the balance sheet that came out a couple of weeks ago. It said in July 2011 that there was a 40 million deficit in transfers but since then we have sold 17 million worth of players. To me that brings it down to 23  million, so that’s not a bad spend is it? If a boy who left school at 15 can see the financial figures, well more educated people than me can work it out themselves."

Dalglish

Edited by Devil

“Financially, the figures that are bandied about, to me, don’t match up with the balance sheet that came out a couple of weeks ago. It said in July 2011 that there was a 40 million deficit in transfers but since then we have sold 17 million worth of players. To me that brings it down to 23  million, so that’s not a bad spend is it? If a boy who left school at 15 can see the financial figures, well more educated people than me can work it out themselves."

Dalglish

Yes well whatever Dev. Seems you lost again anyways doesn't it. whistling.gif

Better to stay on this thread discussing mediocrity than coming on ours to stir things up. Laters. giggle.gif

Dalglish said: 'Eventually our luck will turn but we need to wait until August to get this out of our system." And then he stormed off.

He is an idiot.

I think Dalglish has lost Liverpool considerable non-partisan support this season, with his bad attitude in interviews and his Suarez stupidity.

He's won some Everton fans though, with his performances.

I read that Roberto Martinez might take over. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Final thoughts on the season.

Really enjoyed Getting to two finals as I wasn't expecting that. And getting some silverware for first time in a few years, oh and dumping Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and others out of the cups :) beating Chelsea and Everton home and away of course.

Some very good performances in the season but badly failed to finish chances and kill teams off which you could almost say was the worse luck (hitting the post the amount of times we did)

Our league performances for some games were unacceptable with some players not even looking to play with any passion...and some frustrating home performances against so called weaker opposition a issue for a few years now.

Fantastic to have a man like Kenny back and he'll know what to do and build on this squad over the next few seasons if the owners give home the time.

Need to be very astute in the market this summer to get a striker/wide man that can finish and a quality creative midfielder with some experience.

Feeling very optomistic for next season knowing that we've got the right man in charge and the right man in the dugout next to him.

Roll on the new season!

YNWA

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Getting to two finals as I wasn't expecting that. And getting some silverware for first time in a few years, oh and dumping Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and others out of the cups smile.png beating Chelsea and Everton home and away of course.

Some very good performances in the season but badly failed to finish chances and kill teams off which you could almost say was the worse luck (hitting the post the amount of times we did)

Our league performances for some games were unacceptable with some players not even looking to play with any passion...and some frustrating home performances against so called weaker opposition a issue for a few years now.

Fantastic to have a man like Kenny back and he'll know what to do and build on this squad over the next few seasons if the owners give home the time.

Need to be very astute in the market this summer to get a striker/wide man that can finish and a quality creative midfielder with some experience.

Feeling very optomistic for next season knowing that we've got the right man in charge and the right man in the dugout next to him.

Roll on the new season!

YNWA

Seems your easily pleased Dev 23.gif strange that there was no mention of getting nowhere near the champions league positions but you did win the Egg cup so i suppose that makes up for it 113.gif

• Like 2

Really enjoyed Getting to two finals as I wasn't expecting that. And getting some silverware for first time in a few years, oh and dumping Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and others out of the cups smile.png beating Chelsea and Everton home and away of course.

Roll on the new season!

YNWA

Seems your easily pleased Dev 23.gif strange that there was no mention of getting nowhere near the champions league positions but you did win the Egg cup so i suppose that makes up for it 113.gif

Oh please, this season we got one thing and Man U got zero, apart from the chance of getting one more thing next season, oooh, your in one more competition than us, well done, it's going to be a long year.