Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

So we did buy Sturridge...what a surprise. Fingers crossed again. We really need a result tomorrow before we play the red side of Manchester again. I can only dream of a Van Persiesque player , the guy is immense, we need his clone.......It's Van Persie...goalwai2.gif

So we did buy Sturridge...what a surprise. Fingers crossed again. We really need a result tomorrow before we play the red side of Manchester again. I can only dream of a Van Persiesque player , the guy is immense, we need his clone.......It's Van Persie...goalwai2.gif

We play today

EDIT

Obviously it is tomorrow if you are in a different time zone like Thailand for examplewhistling.gif .I was only trying to be helpful

Edited by Kipperthai

I did enjoy that game last night even if Sunderland were fairly poor. There was a certain balance to the midfield selection and some needed energy which I think the combination of Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson gave us. Fair play to Henderson hope he can do that on a regualr basis, his best game for me in a red shirt since joining us. Sunderland gave Gerrard a lot of time on the ball which resulted in him really dictating the flow of the game, good to see him playing better the last few games with Lucas now fitter and offering him cover.

Suarez what can you say? Inspired again, he's on fire.

Anyway next fixtures (FA Cup) Mansfield

Then (League) Utd, Norwhich, Arsenal and City.

Edited by Devil

Another masterstroke of man management from Brenda i see........Tell the world i am at a big club and heap more pressure on himself then why not heap loads more on "young" Sturridge who at only 23 has to prove himself at probably his last chance saloon of a club.

What will he tell "young" Ince when he signs you have a world class father to live up too? or he was foolish to be let go of in the first place by the Liverpool super scouts team!

Carry on a Brenda.

• Like 1

wish joe cole the very best of luck, always seemed a good lad and a decent professional. still an appalling piece of transfer business by that berk christian purslow though.

Can't see Brendan playing with 2 forwards so whats the plan Stevie ?

4-3-3 - top 3 interchangeable through the match?

wish joe cole the very best of luck, always seemed a good lad and a decent professional. still an appalling piece of transfer business by that berk christian purslow though.

4-3-3 - top 3 interchangeable through the match?

Thats right Bob, interchangeable - BR hasnt played a 4-4-2 with us so I cant imagine changing our system now.

Yep shame it never worked out for him here and silly wages for someone who didnt play.

If reports are true we basically payed him off at a cost of (3M) now rarther than keep paying his wages for another 2 years which works out at (8M) more

Maybe now wages are down FSG will give us liscence to get another signing or loan in (pressuming the Ince deal is 99% done)

suarez plays all over the front anyway so i'd hope it's that sturridge will swap and change with him. when suarez drops deep or pulls wide sturridge should fill the central striker space - he's a finisher and knows what runs to make better than any other player we currently have up front.

suarez plays all over the front anyway so i'd hope it's that sturridge will swap and change with him. when suarez drops deep or pulls wide sturridge should fill the central striker space - he's a finisher and knows what runs to make better than any other player we currently have up front.

Out of interest, do you think he is a better striker than Carroll? And before you say it, different type of striker, yes i know.. is he better?

Out of interest, do you think he is a better striker than Carroll? And before you say it, different type of striker, yes i know.. is he better?

sturridge? not sure really as i've not seen him play through the centre often enough. but i think he's much better suited to the style that rodgers plays than carroll is, so if he works hard (which i don't think he does usually, hope he proves me wrong) he should be a lot more effective than carroll in this system. would also say sturridge is a better finisher than carroll. i think in theory he's a good signing at a not bad price.

sturridge? not sure really as i've not seen him play through the centre often enough. but i think he's much better suited to the style that rodgers plays than carroll is, so if he works hard (which i don't think he does usually, hope he proves me wrong) he should be a lot more effective than carroll in this system. would also say sturridge is a better finisher than carroll. i think in theory he's a good signing at a not bad price.

Agree with all of that, although with regards your last comment, he starts looking a bit expensive to me when considered in comparison with the other striker transfer today of Ba.

Agree with all of that, although with regards your last comment, he starts looking a bit expensive to me when considered in comparison with the other striker transfer today of Ba.

yeah, i know. context there of course is ba's daft contract clause and sturridge being subject to english tax. compare him at 12m to borini at 10m for a bit more context perhaps. demba ba is a bargain any which way. in fact i give it half a dozen games until some tabloid hack has called him demba ba-rgain.

Edited by StevieH

Aside Ba, considering our budget and the availability of players in this window, I think we've done the best we could do getting Sturridge. Time will tell.

I was reading this morning that BR has had a long chat with Suarez about moving him onto the wing and playing Sturridge through the middle. I tend to agree with you that Suarez will get license to roam, instinctively he will anyway. Sturridge playing through the middle does make more sense, like you say a finisher, also it would nullify having to worry about him tracking back or defending too much. Suarez is very family with playing and scoring from the wing.

Only concern with this for me at the moment is changing a good thing while it's hot. Suarez is murdering it through the middle and the flanks are giving him service.

I was reading this morning that BR has had a long chat with Suarez about moving him onto the wing and playing Sturridge through the middle. I tend to agree with you that Suarez will get license to roam, instinctively he will anyway. Sturridge playing through the middle does make more sense, like you say a finisher, also it would nullify having to worry about him tracking back or defending too much. Suarez is very family with playing and scoring from the wing.

Only concern with this for me at the moment is changing a good thing while it's hot. Suarez is murdering it through the middle and the flanks are giving him service.

Suarez is outstanding in the role he occupies right now. Why buy Sturridge at all? Why not buy someone who can better support Suarez. Or does Our Bren think he'll be off at the end of the season, I wonder? (erm I mean Suarez will be off, not - which is still very possible - Our Bren).

Suarez is outstanding in the role he occupies right now. Why buy Sturridge at all? Why not buy someone who can better support Suarez. Or does Our Bren think he'll be off at the end of the season, I wonder? (erm I mean Suarez will be off, not - which is still very possible - Our Bren).

We needed a striker who fits a mould and Sturridge fits the mould, a direct poacher with pace and strength. In theory he can compliment Suarez by being in the right place at the at the right time or pulling defenders away.

There is every chance Suarez could be off in the summer. No matter what way you look at him, he is a phenomenal talent and his value keeps going up every week at the moment....he can still get better than he is now. There is no way BR is planning for his exit in the summer, but if we don't progress and if the owners don't show greater intent then I wouldn't blame him. I'd love to see him facing the best teams in Europe, he deserves to be playing at the highest level.

BR will still be there next year....question is do you think Moyste will still be about? I guess he will, like a beaten wife......everyone tells her to leave, she deserves better than that, but she keeps going back for more rolleyes.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

Suarez is the most outstanding striker around at the moment, better tan vanP. Pure folly to move him around while he's got this head of steam up

I tend to agree, but I'm hoping that Sturridge will give a new dimension. The opposition now have more to think about and if that gives Suarez a split second or yard extra, that's all he needs.

Edited by BangrakBob

BR will still be there next year....question is do you think Moyste will still be about? I guess he will, like a beaten wife......everyone tells her to leave, she deserves better than that, but she keeps going back for more rolleyes.gif

I think most Evertonians would say "best of luck and thanks a lot" when he goes. He does deserve better. But as the revolving door of managers at clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea show, sometimes the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. At the moment he isn't pressured by the weight of expectation, but yeah, at some point he'll be off.

You can't keep paying top wages and not be in Europe, our accounts suggest.

• Like 1

Suarez is the most outstanding striker around at the moment, better tan vanP. Pure folly to move him around while he's got this head of steam up

How do you come to the conclusion that Suarez is playing better than RVP. Take a look at the table and then take a glance at the number of goals RVP has scored. He's argueably doing for Utd what he did for you mugs last season.

With the exception maybe of Falcao he might be the best striker in the world right now

• Like 2

Probably done a deal with Suarez, "you help DS play through the middle" and your transfer to.........will be seam free.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has hinted that Luis Suarez could be rested in the coming weeks.

Probably doesn't want him injured before transfer completion! biggrin.png

http://www.sportsmol...rest_62380.html

Edited by uptheos

How do you come to the conclusion that Suarez is playing better than RVP. Take a look at the table and then take a glance at the number of goals RVP has scored. He's argueably doing for Utd what he did for you mugs last season.

With the exception maybe of Falcao he might be the best striker in the world right now

Yep i'm actually a massive fan of Suarez, and put him right up there with the best, but his achilles heel is his temperament, and until he has totally got that sorted, and until he stops making these daft red card style tackles every other game, RVP is the better striker for me.

Actually, RVP has a bit of an aggressive nasty streak in him too, but usually manages to keep a lid. It's what Suarez needs to learn. RVP's real achille's heel is injury. Not a great deal that can be done about that one though.