Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I agree with the Toure comment, but it seems mental that our back up would now be our preferred centre back. Even more mental is spending 37M quid on the same sided centre backs and it has not improved jack shit, <deleted> mental.

• Like 1

I'm not suggesting to replace the manager now, only suggesting options on who to bring in, which yes should be at the end of the season. I like ur point regarding defence, but little is ever said about how to break down opposing defences.

If you believe the proposition, that majority of goals from open play come from balls being played into the box either from wide positions, or from balls brought back when you have managed to get round the defence, then it's no good to concentrate on quick fire passing through the middle. it's also no good for Sterling to keep cutting inside, rather than trying to unlock the defence. It is why people like Evans have said Sterling needs to go back to the basics, and why Ruud Gullit on MoD criticised the lack of width with this Liverpool side. it's not just Sterling, but the whole team needs to understand the need for this balance from both sides of the pitch. Gullit had an eye for goal, and his comments rather than being thrown out, need to be considered fully.

It's a style of play the German national side plays so effectively, and their leading club sides. The priority should be on getting this team to understand the need to get into these positions and start producing these chances. Liverpool are so far away from getting in another world class striker like Suarez, so it means going back to basics with the current squad at hand.

My preferred option for manager, u have to go towards German efficiency, someone like Jorgen Kilinsman or even Ruud Gullit.

Ruud Gullit as manager??

Are you being serious??

Sacked by Chelsea, after disagreements

Sacked by Newcastle after disagreements and poor performances

Quit Feyenoord after 1 season

LA Galaxy, forced to resign after less than 1 year, after once more disagreements with players

Terek Grozny, sacked after 6 months.

Hasnt lasted more than 18 months with ANY club as manager.

I suggest you lay off the Changs, somtamme.

He definitely is NOT what Liverpool need right now, unless you support Everton or United.

He's probably at the top of our transfer committee's list then

Bob, u certainly do extensive searches re: Gullit. But my recollection of his time at Newcastle, it was curtailed because he wasn't happy with the performance of Shearer who was also from my recollection in the twilight of his career. This was not popular, but was I thought absolutely correct. Man Utd could likewise have lost LVG recently, but the board backed his plan. Sometimes the press or the popular view can lead a football club, however, I would much prefer someone who can offer something new.

Sometimes, to turn a club around you need a fresh pair of eyes, someone who is not afraid and is committed to his belief. The other option is to throw huge sums of money at the problem. the latter is not an option for LFC as I understand it.

It is easy also to be critical of a suggestion put forward, but you don't counter it, with any better suggestion of who u would prefer in charge? If the performance is still under par by the end of the season, what are ur suggestions?

Bob, u certainly do extensive searches re: Gullit. But my recollection of his time at Newcastle, it was curtailed because he wasn't happy with the performance of Shearer who was also from my recollection in the twilight of his career. This was not popular, but was I thought absolutely correct. Man Utd could likewise have lost LVG recently, but the board backed his plan. Sometimes the press or the popular view can lead a football club, however, I would much prefer someone who can offer something new.

Sometimes, to turn a club around you need a fresh pair of eyes, someone who is not afraid and is committed to his belief. The other option is to throw huge sums of money at the problem. the latter is not an option for LFC as I understand it.

It is easy also to be critical of a suggestion put forward, but you don't counter it, with any better suggestion of who u would prefer in charge? If the performance is still under par by the end of the season, what are ur suggestions?

Somtamme, as much I would love to take credit for such studious work the diligence award goes to Mr JacknDanny of Man City thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

My preferred option for manager, u have to go towards German efficiency, someone like Jorgen Kilinsman or even Ruud Gullit.

Ruud Gullit as manager??

Are you being serious??

Sacked by Chelsea, after disagreements

Sacked by Newcastle after disagreements and poor performances

Quit Feyenoord after 1 season

LA Galaxy, forced to resign after less than 1 year, after once more disagreements with players

Terek Grozny, sacked after 6 months.

Hasnt lasted more than 18 months with ANY club as manager.

I suggest you lay off the Changs, somtamme.

He definitely is NOT what Liverpool need right now, unless you support Everton or United.

He's probably at the top of our transfer committee's list then

The state we are in now , the only manager we are going to get will be unemployed & desperate for any job someone like (god forbid)Peter Reid springs to mind . But a top name manager who is already with a top club no chance . I rather fear that is why FSG are not rushing in to sacking Brendan . But If we are out of the C/L tomorrow they may change their mind . BTW if you can stand the trauma Truevision hd 02:45 tomorrow live .

They all want Rafa back and he wants to come back too. He can't wait to get his mitts on all that moolah.

They all don't want Rafa back,how do you know he wants to return?...I don't understand the second sentence.

Well, his wife and children still live on the Wirrall and rumour has it he's homesick for them. Perhaps he'll be Tranmere's next manager but I don't think so. The second sentence refers to all the money he will have available to spend on new players. He left first time around when Hicks and Gillett wouldn't let him spend any more. The dummy was spat out of the pram. OK, maybe all don't want him back but plenty do. Perhaps we shall see.....

Edited by champers

They all want Rafa back and he wants to come back too. He can't wait to get his mitts on all that moolah.

Who is "they all?" The bored tabloid journos perhaps?

Rafas been gone years, its a done deal now. Anyway talk of a return is totally unrealistic.

Mindyou, he has a wealth of experience, and i have know doubt in my mind he would sort out this current problem.

I would be nice to see the owners stick with Rodgers but he really needs to step up and atleast give the impression he has an idea of how to sort this situation out

Edited by carmine

^That's fluid for me!

That maybe fluid whatever that means to you for me Lucas , Hendo , & Allen are very average to say the least . Lucas gave away his usual 4 free kicks per game , Hendo scored a good goal but did not do much else , Joe Allen god forbid completely anon. Plz Kurt tell me why did Rodgers spend 87 mill on 5 players & did not think any of them were good enough to start . Markovic who cost 20 mill not even good enough to make the bench . Ludograts completely outplayed us in the middle of the park . We are lucky to still be in with a shout of going thro` to the next stage .

Edited by fonsboy

After the Bale and Suarez replacement fiascos, I guess no PL manager will ever again try to spread the money and will look for a like-for-like replacement, or nearest they can get.

Can't really blame AVB and Brendan for trying though. Both had quite broad reinforcement needs.

Edit: SAF managed it mind - can anyone remember what he did with the money from selling the Portugese Peacock?

Edit again: Congrats on hanging on in there. Basel are beatable. We could even end up against all odds with all 4 PL teams qualifying?! I would have put money on only Chelsea a couple of nights ago.

Edited by SantiSuk

After the Bale and Suarez replacement fiascos, I guess no PL manager will ever again try to spread the money and will look for a like-for-like replacement, or nearest they can get.

Can't really blame AVB and Brendan for trying though. Both had quite broad reinforcement needs.

Edit: SAF managed it mind - can anyone remember what he did with the money from selling the Portugese Peacock?

Edit again: Congrats on hanging on in there. Basel are beatable. We could even end up against all odds with all 4 PL teams qualifying?! I would have put money on only Chelsea a couple of nights ago.

Teams like the dippers and Spurs are never going to get a like for like replacement or anything near,

A. There ain't any available because they all play for the big clubs.

B. If they were available they would be too expensive.

So what the managers have thought is, ok I can't get a straight replacement, so i'll buy a youngster who might eventually replace the superstar in Lamela and Markovich ! and spend the rest on players who will make the squad stronger so at least getting a positive somewhere.

So of course clubs will still spread the money because they're still getting something for their money !

Did BR want those players?? BR said he'd rather have 1 or 2 world class players than 7 or 8 that might not improve anything. Why would he then go and do the opposite?

Did BR want those players?? BR said he'd rather have 1 or 2 world class players than 7 or 8 that might not improve anything. Why would he then go and do the opposite?

Why did he say no way would Balotelli ever wear a Liverpool shirt then 2 weeks later pay16 mill for him simple answer he is an FSG yes-man That was the reason he got the job in the first place .

Why did he say no way would Balotelli ever wear a Liverpool shirt then 2 weeks later pay16 mill for him simple answer he is an FSG yes-man That was the reason he got the job in the first place .

We can't know if that is true totally true though. To me he does come across as a loyal type of guy who will take it on the chin rather than call out the owners. If the manager is being forced to be an "FSG yes-man" then the fault lies at the feet of FSG for having that policy, not the manager.

At the end of the day the buck will stop with the manager, and he is responsible for the results but i can't help but think the FSG transfer strategy is screwing us

Teams like the dippers and Spurs are never going to get a like for like replacement or anything near,

A. There ain't any available because they all play for the big clubs.

B. If they were available they would be too expensive.

So what the managers have thought is, ok I can't get a straight replacement, so i'll buy a youngster who might eventually replace the superstar in Lamela and Markovich ! and spend the rest on players who will make the squad stronger so at least getting a positive somewhere.

So of course clubs will still spread the money because they're still getting something for their money !

alfie we don't go on the spurs thread and use derogatory descriptives about Spurs fans do you think you might refrain from insulting us every time you come on this thread?