Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The sooner there is a Euro super league the better . Let all the teams with unlimited spending power play each other.

No thanks. I've been waiting decades for City to be competitive in the Prem and now we are you want to put us in a different league. It's all cyclical, remember when Liverpool were the dominant ones wink.png

there's no more cycles now. when liverpool were dominant there were no oligarchs, no sheikhs' playthings, no millionaire players. the top is a pretty closed shop of superwealthy elite now with the occasional random anomaly.

You have a foreign owner, we have a foreign owner. But because our owner has more money, it's called his plaything? I'd wager our owner has put stacks more into the Manchester community than yours has into the Liverpool area.

i didn't mention our owners. and you do really go on the defensive whenever anyone mentions city's owners boj.

FWIW i don't particularly like liverpool's owners. they're running LFC as a business and take the fans for granted. yours runs it as a plaything because they can simply afford to. same with abramovich at that small club that won the pools. i'd prefer liverpool were owned by a scouse cooperative with fan representation on the board at decision-making level. that'd be great. i'd prefer city were owned by some group headed by francis lee, colin bell and a load of fans or something. i'd even prefer chelsea were owned and run by some bunch of pricks headed by kerry dixon or some other blert. but sadly that isn't where we're at.

what's undeniable though is that city and chelsea operate in a different universe to everyone else (give or take man united and their vast wealth and ability to lash insane wages about). i'm not having a pop at you about it. it just is what it is. city are the highest-paid sports team in the entire world. no clubs can remotely compete with city and chelsea when it comes to wages and transfer fees. so the playing field is as far from level as it's ever been.

• Like 1

No thanks. I've been waiting decades for City to be competitive in the Prem and now we are you want to put us in a different league. It's all cyclical, remember when Liverpool were the dominant ones wink.png

there's no more cycles now. when liverpool were dominant there were no oligarchs, no sheikhs' playthings, no millionaire players. the top is a pretty closed shop of superwealthy elite now with the occasional random anomaly.

You have a foreign owner, we have a foreign owner. But because our owner has more money, it's called his plaything? I'd wager our owner has put stacks more into the Manchester community than yours has into the Liverpool area.

Of course he has, he can steal it straight out of the bottomless sovereign oil well thumbsup.gif

Thought you'd signed in as Chicog for a minute then BB laugh.png

• Like 2

i didn't mention our owners. and you do really go on the defensive whenever anyone mentions city's owners boj.

Course I go on the defensive Stevie, it's a club that I've loved since I was sucking on a dummy and wearing a bib. It just gets my Goat when people call us his plaything, when in fact he's a very astute businessman who is putting a lot into the community, invested heavily in the squad, has got us to almost break even and who will be around for a long while. He has already said countless times that there will be no more heavy investment like there was at the start of his ownership and the only reason he had to do it then was because FFP was coming in, so it was do it then or never.

The sooner there is a Euro super league the better . Let all the teams with unlimited spending power play each other.

which means absolutely nothing in footballing terms. If you want to bring politics into this, perhaps we should look at the effect of foreign investment in banking and politics as a whole in the UK

How dire were we today, jeeez. Couldn't hear a peep out of our fans.

For me our weakest area is now up front , How Lambert was supposedly so good for Soton is hard to believe .Yesterday he was absolutely anonymous . He did not win one ball in the air he did no chasing back and so dreadfully slow .Why on the one hand is Rodgers telling the world Borini was correct to turn down a move away from LFC. And then on the other not even having him on the bench . Against Basel he has got to start with Stevie @ `10` and Sterling , Borini and Markovic up front all out pace attack . Send Lambert out on loan for gods sake .

Didn't get to see the game today until half an hour ago on MOD ...We were last onlaugh.png & the compilation of highlights lasted about as long as me getting a bj with a finger up my arse whistling.gif . Talking of fingers & <deleted> it's about time Brendan & his team...

By all accounts the combined highlights of your game and ours would last about two minutes.

Didn't get to see the game today until half an hour ago on MOD ...We were last onlaugh.png & the compilation of highlights lasted about as long as me getting a bj with a finger up my arse whistling.gif . Talking of fingers & <deleted> it's about time Brendan & his team...

By all accounts the combined highlights of your game and ours would last about two minutes.

I'm well done by then .

Palace's highlights alone where about 5 minutes mate tongue.png you where very lucky to get a point out of that game lets be honest.

Palace's highlights alone where about 5 minutes mate tongue.png you where very lucky to get a point out of that game lets be honest.

We were dross as expected again, nothing is going to change here any time soon, but weren't lucky to get a point....that is bullshit

We were dross as expected again, nothing is going to change here any time soon, but weren't lucky to get a point....that is bullshit

Aimed at carmine and the spurs Bob sorry....that was the game i watched.

• Like 1

Sometimes football has to take a back seat.

The biggest football story in Denmark on Sunday has little to do with the actual game. It's pushed Tottenham contract talks for Christian Eriksen way off the top spot and is quite sad. Liverpool legend Daniel Agger and his family are grieving after their pet dog Charlie died at a canine hairdressing salon.

Agger left Liverpool in the summer and was incredibly popular among the club's supporters for his attitude on and off the pitch and commitment to the cause. Agger bought into the Liverpool idea more than the vast majority of players, even having YNWA tattooed on his hand, but he couldn't see eye to eye with Brendan Rodgers and decided to leave for Brondby during the last transfer window.

Danish newspaper BT explain that Charlie had been taken to have his hair/fur washed and there was an incident with the salon dryer. Dogs are put into some kind of machine and Charlie was either left in too long or there was a fault with the process. It cost the dog his life and has obviously greatly upset the Agger family.

ScreenShot20141207at16.00.16.png?width=2Agger's wife Sofie took to Instagram to say 'Here he is at his best! (along with a picture of Charlie) This is how we wanna remember him.

We lost him today and our family are totally heartbroken. He went to the groomer and never came home again. They put him in some dryer box and we still don't know if they forgot him or the machine had a fault.

Are in such shock and still can't grasp that our dog had pain like that and then died. Dearly hope anyone who has a machine like that stop using them. Know it's a long shot but as I said we're heartbroken. We will miss you Charlie.'

Poor Charlie.

Aimed at carmine and the spurs Bob sorry....that was the game i watched.

apologies from me then thumbsup.gif

Didn't get to see the game today until half an hour ago on MOD ...We were last on:lol: & the compilation of highlights lasted about as long as me getting a bj with a finger up my arse whistling.gif . Talking of fingers & <deleted> it's about time Brendan & his team...

You are correct as usual Bob . We are badly missing Sturridge . The signing of Lambert was a big mistake compounded by the fact that Rodgers apparently rates him .

We need a quality striker in January , someone who is very , very quick .In the mean

time I would like to see Borini , Sterling & Markovic as our front runners , with

Stevie @ `10` . One positive is the way Lucas is playing , but he still gives away too many free kicks . Basel Tuesday & Utd Sunday may the good Lord be on our side , preferably instead of Lambert .

• Like 1

don't really know what markovic has done to warrant a start. came on on saturday and looked like a deer in the headlights as he usually does. sterling seriously needs some help - coutinho was crap on saturday, lallana huffed and puffed but didn't really achieve much and it's surprising when you actually see lambert live just how little movement he has. no trying to lose his man, no gambling on the front post runs, nothing. just kind of stands there up the top. very disappointing.

we were utter crap until gerrard came on and even then we had not much threat. i can't really see where the goals are coming from at the moment so basle could well be another anodyne 0-0 draw and a relatively easy day for their defenders.

don't really know what markovic has done to warrant a start. came on on saturday and looked like a deer in the headlights as he usually does. sterling seriously needs some help - coutinho was crap on saturday, lallana huffed and puffed but didn't really achieve much and it's surprising when you actually see lambert live just how little movement he has. no trying to lose his man, no gambling on the front post runs, nothing. just kind of stands there up the top. very disappointing.

we were utter crap until gerrard came on and even then we had not much threat. i can't really see where the goals are coming from at the moment so basle could well be another anodyne 0-0 draw and a relatively easy day for their defenders.

Stevie, is there any chance u can get off sitting on that fence, and instead come up with an alternative, so if Markovic was startled, Coutinho crap, Lallana puffed and Lambert disappointed, what would u suggest instead?

Stevie, is there any chance u can get off sitting on that fence, and instead come up with an alternative, so if Markovic was startled, Coutinho crap, Lallana puffed and Lambert disappointed, what would u suggest instead?

Yeah Stevie, get off the fence !w00t.gif

• Like 1

I think he is telling it as it is....at least he never shouted for the inclusion of Borini tongue.png

at this point i'd try something different because the current setup isn't working. lambert isn't mobile enough, doesn't make the kind of runs you need a striker to make to give opposing defences something to think about and on saturday brown and o'shea could have both brought their pipes and slippers along. too often it was a case of give the ball to sterling and see if he can have a run at them and maybe get somewhere. it's too clueless and too obvious and far too easy for even average defences to defend against.

so i'd be tempted to try sterling as a false nine with perhaps lallana and coutinho either side of him. play gerrard at the front of the midfield three with a remit to get close to sterling and play off him or look to play sterling through on a late run, because we've got to start getting behind teams. one-twos around the edge of the box, create shooting opportunities for gerrard and perhaps henderson arriving late. also have lallana and coutinho tuck in close to sterling and gerrard and leave room up the outsides for moreno and johnson to form genuine attacking options from fullback and for those two to also look to get in behind the opposing defence. because at the moment we're no threat at all and don't pull defenders out of shape in any way.

that alternative enough for you our kid? yours with assorted anal splinters, stevie.

• Like 2

Quite an interesting set up u have there and agree something needs to change at Liverpool. I'm not sure BR is quite that adventurous, but there should be no reason why this shouldn't be tried, but there is one big if with your selection, SG. You're placing huge onus on someone in his twilight years. So maybe add SG to your puffing list. personally I would prefer Sterling to provide the much needed width, but more should be done to hone his skills into this role. He is not a Marc Overmars.