Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Must be very frustrating when you have a player that can wait a pass so beautifully for your first goal, but the guy that can finish it off it such style is permanently crocked!  

i now have high booths you and City will deny Arsenal the CL spot they waste each year.

28 minutes ago, carmine said:

Must be very frustrating when you have a player that can wait a pass so beautifully for your first goal, but the guy that can finish it off it such style is permanently crocked!  

i now have high booths you and City will deny Arsenal the CL spot they waste each year.

it's heartbreaking to be honest. sturridge is such a talented player, got such great technique and is a natural goalscorer - he is just physically screwed though.

getting slightly concerned that coutinho won't be with us next season though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

it's heartbreaking to be honest. sturridge is such a talented player, got such great technique and is a natural goalscorer - he is just physically screwed though.

Totally my sentiments regarding Sturridge.

How good does Coutinho look through the middle, him playing in the middle next season with another speedster down the left is mouthwatering. i hope he stays to give it a go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Totally my sentiments regarding Sturridge.

How good does Coutinho look through the middle, him playing in the middle next season with another speedster down the left is mouthwatering. i hope he stays to give it a go.

he played there occasionally under rodgers didn't he? does look good though. albeit probably assisted a little by west ham being pretty poor and missing their two starting centre mids.

his comments when asked about barca's interest weren't exactly shutting the story down either. be gutted to lose him but if they are going to come in for him they'd better start with a one and two zeroes followed by an M.

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

he played there occasionally under rodgers didn't he? does look good though. albeit probably assisted a little by west ham being pretty poor and missing their two starting centre mids.

his comments when asked about barca's interest weren't exactly shutting the story down either. be gutted to lose him but if they are going to come in for him they'd better start with a one and two zeroes followed by an M.

Yes he did play there under Rodgers and was quite effective. Klopp alluded to him playing there next season yesterday.

Yeah he is being quite open about the "interest", if there is interest. Some are saying it's his agent wanting the move, rather than Barca actually enquiring.

We'll have to see, if we qualify, hopefully some early, quality recruitment should convince him to stay. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, StevieH said:

He does look like a Barcelona player.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 5:13 PM, StevieH said:

dirk kuyt by the way. captains feyenoord to the title, scores a hat-trick in the winning match. what a man. what a guy.

Brilliant scenes, not forgetting that Brad Jones has just won a league title also :laugh:

• Like 1

On 2017-5-15 at 8:11 AM, StevieH said:

No player would shut out Barca to be fair Stevie.

A huge sum and he will be gone same as the likes of Alli or Kane would in the end.

Luckily we both live in the real world unlike the Stretfod End lot.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Any ideas on how much klopp will be given for next season on top of his sell offs? 

Given the new TV deal all of the clubs are cash rich so there is definitely money but no one in their right mind would let slip the budget for that will just push up asking prices, especially abroad.

23 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Any ideas on how much klopp will be given for next season on top of his sell offs? 

depends on FSG. and their general cheapness. £30m for sakho, perhaps another £30m from other sales, maybe more. we could and should be spending about £150m which would be about £70m net or something.

depends on FSG. and their general cheapness. £30m for sakho, perhaps another £30m from other sales, maybe more. we could and should be spending about £150m which would be about £70m net or something.

Don't start Alfie off on the net spend thing again.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longstebe said:

Don't start Alfie off on the net spend thing again.

Everyone seems to be mentioning it now, finally people people seem to realize to how much it affects a clubs account's :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

On 2017-5-17 at 0:19 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Didn't you also get rid of your championship winning keeper?

you mean brad jones? when he was at liverpool he looked like he'd literally never played in goal before. i mean perhaps the worst liverpool goalkeeper i've ever seen, and that's going some. but according to a couple of dutch mates he's been really good at feyenoord. expectations and pressure i guess. the liverpool goalkeeper's shirt is a bloody heavy one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

you mean brad jones? when he was at liverpool he looked like he'd literally never played in goal before. i mean perhaps the worst liverpool goalkeeper i've ever seen, and that's going some. but according to a couple of dutch mates he's been really good at feyenoord. expectations and pressure i guess. the liverpool goalkeeper's shirt is a bloody heavy one.

Yes surprised me how well he has done. Thought it at least worth comment.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes surprised me how well he has done. Thought it at least worth comment.

oh good for him like. no axe to grind with him, he was just crap at liverpool. never behaved like a wally like plenty have.

On 2017-5-18 at 5:02 PM, StevieH said:

True, you only have to think back to grobelaars wobbly knees to see how heavy that shirt was

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

True, you only have to think back to grobelaars wobbly knees to see how heavy that shirt was

So are your gobshites going to bottle it tomorrow then?

If that happens your Yankee owners will severely limit your budget for next season and likely Coutinho will end up playing at Wembley more than you would like next season.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

So are your gobshites going to bottle it tomorrow then?

If that happens your Yankee owners will severely limit your budget for next season and likely Coutinho will end up playing at Wembley more than you would like next season.

No chance ronnie I'm saying 7-0 and city get done at Watford by Deeney and co and we will be 3rd. Definitely like