Village Chief Targeted In Pattaya Machine Gun Attack

Rimmer

Village Chief targeted in East Pattaya shooting

shooting-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--The Chief of Village Number 3 in the Pong area of East Pattaya was lucky to escape with a minor flesh wound after he was chased by a man with a machine gun on Thursday Night. His 11 year old son and 45 year old cousin were not so lucky and sustained serious gun shot wounds.

Police Major General Katcha, the Provincial Police Commander oversaw the initial investigation into the shooting and spoke with the Village Chief, Khun Nikon aged 45, who operates a convenience store which doubles-up as a sub-branch for a local Cable TV company.

50 meters away from the store was an SK Machine Gun which had been dumped by the shooter prior to him leaving the scene in a Red Isuzu pick-up.

Earlier the truck had parked in front of Khun Nikon’s shop. He was working in the store at the time while his 11 year old son and cousin were at the back of the building playing on a computer.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/84889/village-chief-targeted-east-pattaya-shooting/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-26

Sad for the son and the cousin. I hope they recover quickly.

Just waiting for the gun control fanatics to chime in. Oh wait, guns are illegal in Thailand, yet every bad guy in the country seems to have one. Seems gun regulations haven't changed this fact one iota.

What makes you think guns are illegal?? They are surprisingly easy to get especially out in the sticks. Any Thai of good standing with a reasonable reason can get one.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Just waiting for the gun control fanatics to chime in. Oh wait, guns are illegal in Thailand, yet every bad guy in the country seems to have one. Seems gun regulations haven't changed this fact one iota.

Same with drugs and alcohol bans. People do what people want to do.

What makes you think guns are illegal?? They are surprisingly easy to get especially out in the sticks. Any Thai of good standing with a reasonable reason can get one.

Err, that was my point. They are illegal, but anyone can get one. Capiche?

It's not the Rabbits and Deers you have to Protect yourself from.

I do not think Guns are illegal in Thailand, but owners of guns must have a government permit, or be a Bad Guy/Girl.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

Quite what this story has to do with the sorry state of affairs in the US I don't know.

Guns can be legally owned in Thailand. Even expats. may get a licence if they are prepared to go through the bureaucratic procedure and justify their need for a gun.

Licences are issued at the local Amphur office and applications need the co-operation of the gun supplier and PYB.

There is a gun shop in Ubon so there must be a ''legal'' market.

There is! Believe me, there is. Owning a gun without a licence is foolhardy when it an be done legally.

Our PYB, perhaps by coincidence, is now thinking of getting a licence and a gun. He asked my wife how to go about it this morning.

Err, guns are not illegal in Thailand, Get a licence and you can buy a gun, legally, from a gun shop surprisingly. Capiche?

Err, guns are not illegal in Thailand, Get a licence and you can buy a gun, legally, from a gun shop surprisingly. Capiche?

News to me and if so I retract my comment.

Can civilians purchase machine guns too as used in this incident?

• 3 weeks later...

There has been an arrest made, does anyone know more about it? It was just on television, but I couldnt understand all of it, and gf couldnt translate it!

If there is no follow up, on these news articles, then its useless to even have news.

So now the bad guys progress from Hand Guns to Machine Guns.........Ah! Progress ya gottal love it.

I can remember years ago when the only odd illegal gun in Pattaya was a pipe that could fire a 12g Shotgun shell with a home made handle

The odd grenade has made appearances lately as well.

Still , it happens in many other Countries as well it is NOT a Pattaya exclusive

ph34r.png