Tm6 Departure Card Missing

If the passport is not destroyed and all the information in it is still legible, all you have to deal with is the departure card. The correct procedure, I believe, is to explain the loss of the card on your next visit to your immigration office and they will issue a duplicate card.

It happens and they will not be thrilled with you because you are making them do extra work but not a big deal. I'd be more concerned with the stamps, visas and the pen notations in your passport becoming illegible and even more importantly having your passport look like it may have been tampered with. If your passport looks like it has been through the wash then I would apply for another ASAP.

Edit: I believe normal procedure for replacing a damaged passport is they let you keep the passport until the new one arrives at the embassy and them stamp the old as being invalid but you will at least have a receipt from your embassy showing you applied for a new passport to show along with your damaged one to avoid any possible problems.

Edited by Nisa

Old stamps had been mess up but the one with my last visa and the stamp who goes with it is in perferct condition.

Also the page with my picture and info and numbers had no damages.

That is good but not great news. What is also important is the binding and back and front covers in that they don't look like they have been messed with at all. But consider the fact having messed up stamps in your passport can only make problems. Even if the chances are slim it will result in any real issues ... there is a chance especially if you have anything else going against you.

I once tried to get pages added to my passport and they made me get a new one because of the smallest of tears that I had no idea was even there. They deemed my passport mutilated and in the end it was cheaper to replace a "mutilated passport" than add pages (used to be free) but it just took longer. If you are a US Citizen as I am, I think they said it takes two weeks but I had the new one back in a week. You can also send somebody down to pick it up for you (just ask and they will tell you the letter to provide them).

Edited by Nisa

Just happened to me last week.

Thursday night, going through everything, make sure I had what I needed, including passport and departure card. Yup, all there.

Friday morning hand passport to agent at airport checkin counter and she asks where is my departure card. I am agast and we look around, but it's nowhere to be seen. She hands me a new arrival/departure card.

Before hitting departure immigration, I fill in the departure half. At immigration I hand my passport and 'new' departure card to the officer. He looks at it and asks where is the original. I say I don't know, I had it last night.

He shrugs, crosses out the number on the card and stamps me out.

No problems (thankfully).

Edited by WhizBang
  • Like 1

As soon as I get something new in my Passport I spend 1/2 a baht to photo copy it, and when I get home scan that new page or TM6 card and add to the other scanned pages, delete the old TM6 scan, so always have a full up to date scan/copy of Passport.. Friend has a USB drive and goes into a print shop and has a scan put into his USB drive..

Always best to keep a full scan/copy of Passport

I have done that for a long time and I also back up my hard drive to an external one every couple of weeks IF I remember.

As soon as I get something new in my Passport I spend 1/2 a baht to photo copy it, and when I get home scan that new page or TM6 card and add to the other scanned pages, delete the old TM6 scan, so always have a full up to date scan/copy of Passport.. Friend has a USB drive and goes into a print shop and has a scan put into his USB drive..

Another option is to scan and then email yourself a copy, you can then access it from any part of the world if there's a need.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Is not a possible danger with this approach that anyone who managed to hack into your email account could potentially steal your identity?

I have done that for a long time and I also back up my hard drive to an external one every couple of weeks IF I remember.

Ditto me, and I have also got into the habit of saving everything new or amended simultaneously on both my hard drive & a memory stick. Saves the need for back-ups and also provides me with reassurance in the event of my hard drive crashing irrevocably (as, in fact, happened 6 months ago).

Just a thought OJAS et al ...

I hope the hard drive you refer to is an external one.

It's a lot easier to wipe a memory stick that contains flash memory than to wipe a hard drive ..

All you need to do is struggle to plug it in, break the power connection as the computer is trying to read it and ... pooof. The data has gone.

I learnt the hard way

I back my internal hard disk data to an external hard disk, which I only use for data backup, and put that in a drawer.

Flash drives are great for taking images to be printed, or carrying music around (as long as it's stored elsewhere also) but please do not rely on them for a permanent backup.

I had a friend who lost hers and she was told to go to the airport, tell immigration there when she arrived, what flight no., etc and they looked up her departure card number in a big ledger book with handwritten entries. The log was for each incoming flight, so you had to know the date when you arrived. This was a couple years ago, and in CM. Luckily, she entered the country on the Korean Air flight coming from Seoul to CM -- there's only one flight per day and, of course, she knew the arrival date because it was stamped into her passport.

Once they found the number in the log book, they issued a new card with the old arrival card number.

Edited by NancyL

Possibly of greater importance for the OP is to get a replacement passport arranged.

I have heard many stories of passports being scrutinized at immigration in various countries when they have been damaged/gone through the wash.

In some cases travel has been refused.

• Like 2

Possibly of greater importance for the OP is to get a replacement passport arranged.

I have heard many stories of passports being scrutinized at immigration in various countries when they have been damaged/gone through the wash.

thank you everyone ....

I will sure go get a new passeport, it's just that i don't live in BKK.

I just hope I will be able to get my extension with my old passeport if not I will have to go out the conutry may 20th to get a new Non-O visa :(

• Like 1

thank you everyone ....

I just hope I will be able to get my extension with my old passeport if not I will have to go out the conutry may 20th to get a new Non-O visa sad.png

I wouldn't worry too much if they can read your last entry stamp. I washed my passport a couple of times. It was looking pretty trashed, I applied for a new one more than a year before the old one's expire date. When I went to Thai immigration to get my visa and extensions transferred over to my new passport, the officer gave me grief about it not being expired yet. I said it falling apart. He said okay and transferred everything. No charge. But probably best to get a new one if it's been in the washer.

• Like 1

it's possible a get any kind of extension on my Non-O if it was 1 entry, so I can get my new passeport and file my "marriage extension" ( if they don't except my washed one) without getting out of the country ?

I have a non O-A. I really don't know about Non-O marriage visas, but as I said they transferred my Non-OA and it's extensions to my new passport.. You need to ask for a letter from your Embassy to Thai Immigration asking for them to do so.

There is a 60 day extension available but a bad passport would be a bad passport for any extensions.

Actually they did not transfer any visa into a new passport - only extensions of stay and information of visa/entry are transferred - you can not use new passport for travel without a re-entry permit or show of original visa in old passport (if it was a multi entry).

• Like 1

There is a 60 day extension available but a bad passport would be a bad passport for any extensions.

Actually they did not transfer any visa into a new passport - only extensions of stay and information of visa/entry are transferred - you can not use new passport for travel without a re-entry permit or show of original visa in old passport (if it was a multi entry).

You're right, it was just the extension transferred. The last visa I got was about 6 years ago! And yes I need a re-entry stamp every time I go out of the country...

I lost my TM6 departure card 2 months ago. I went to the airport Immigration office and told them so. Without any trouble they looked up my info on the computer and gave me a new one with my old TM6 number and info hand written on it. It took me all of 5 minutes. No fuss at all.

thank you everyone ....

I just hope I will be able to get my extension with my old passeport if not I will have to go out the conutry may 20th to get a new Non-O visa sad.png

If you can tell immigration your date of arrival and even better the time and flight, they will have you on record already and be able to issue you with a replacement arrival card, it isn't a big problem, people lose them all the time. Mine is 12 year old and looks like an illegible rag - crazy really having to keep this stupid piece of paper throughout your stay here. I don't believe it was ever designed for long term stay.

Just a thought OJAS et al ...

I hope the hard drive you refer to is an external one.

It's a lot easier to wipe a memory stick that contains flash memory than to wipe a hard drive ..

All you need to do is struggle to plug it in, break the power connection as the computer is trying to read it and ... pooof. The data has gone.

I learnt the hard way

I back my internal hard disk data to an external hard disk, which I only use for data backup, and put that in a drawer.

Flash drives are great for taking images to be printed, or carrying music around (as long as it's stored elsewhere also) but please do not rely on them for a permanent backup.

I've sent you a PM by way of a reply since this point is, strictly speaking, off-topic as far as this thread is concerned.

i went thru this just before Songkran, where I put my passport thru the wash and dry where I had to get a new passport (I have a Non-Immigratant Visa Thai Wife,, so I went to the Canadian Embassy got a new passport (usually takes 3 weeks but I got mine in 12 days from Canada. (By the way Canada keeps all damaged passports but gave me certified copy of my old one.) then I went to Thai Immigration with my new passport and got new stamps trasnsfered into the new passport. I don't know what country your're from but it would be easier if you can keep your old damaged passport. Here are the steps that I took.

1. I downloaded the form to transfer stamps from lost/damage passport to new passport and filled it in.

2. With my new Canadian passport with a certified letter from Canadian Embassy that my passport was damaged and certified copy of my passport pages went to Immigration at Chaeng Wattana (Division 1)

3.. Went to a counter to get a que number for counter "K". Then the man said that since a I have a Non-Imm O marriage visa I had to go to counter "L", which is the Visa Extention Counters and get a new stamp put into my passport at counter "L" it took awhile because they had to look up all my information on the computer and they didn't know what to do since I didn't have my damaged passport.

4. the I had to get a number and go the Re-entry Permit counter and get a new re-entry permit stamp.

In all it took me about 3 hours to do all this.

I do suggest that you download all the forms from Thai Immigration website and fill in the forms before you go, and when you go to Immigration to get a que number try to get numbers for counter "K" and "L" together.

I would try to get to Immigration first thing in the morning like around 7.30 or 7.45 (They open at 8.30 and close for lunch from 12.00-13.00) and get you numbers.

Last thing is that there is no charge for them to transfer the stamps to your new passport.