Thai Government Announces Plan To Spruce Up Its Websites

webfact

Thai government announces plan to spruce up its websites
By Coconuts Bangkok

screen_shot_2013-05-02_at_11.33.52_am.pn

BANGKOK: -- This Wednesday, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Anudith Nakornthap announced that eight of the Thai government’s major websites would be getting a facelift.

The Cabinet has approved a plan that would have the sites redesigned according to a set of standards as to their appearance and functionality.

Anyone who has used a Thai government website can attest that this renovation is not only necessary, but woefully overdue.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/05/02/thai-government-announces-plan-spruce-its-websites

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-05-02 Coconuts

I remarked in a thread the other day that so many Thai designed web-sites are very 1990s in style and function.

They are using templates from yesteryear and have this crazy idea about lurid flashing GIFs.

Yes, many are outdated in information and layout, but as vanity projects they do like to display lots of photographs of staff "officers" in their rented uniforms with all those medals.

As for the pre-front page "tributes" zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ.............

Maybe they can direct their consulates and embassies abroad to do the same. One I was looking at the other day appeared to have been designed in the late 90's although it stated it was last updated in 2008.

I remarked in a thread the other day that so many Thai designed web-sites are very 1990s in style and function.

They are using templates from yesteryear and have this crazy idea about lurid flashing GIFs.

Yes, many are outdated in information and layout, but as vanity projects they do like to display lots of photographs of staff "officers" in their rented uniforms with all those medals.

As for the pre-front page "tributes" zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ.............

Any site that has a pop up advert first or music should be consigned to the history books as a dinosaur. I believe that includes both the Nation and the Post.

WHy would I be interested in buying a condo from a newspaper advert?