White Elephant Caught On Camera In Phetchaburi

webfact

More superstitious mumbo jumbo and now we have Ministries dictating nature? What low level IQ's these people have. White elephants for royalty? Okay I can (barely) live with that knowing the animal will be pampered (to a human standard) but let the animal roam wild with its natural family before you reduce it to slavery. If the albino is allowed to breed there would be a good chance it will produce more offspring thus reduce the demand for such misguided nonsense.

Superstitious mumbo jumbo? What- the possibility of the species producing an albino offspring? Where did you receive your 10th grade biology education? By "Ministries dictating nature" I assume you mean debate on whether to capture said elephant. Slavery is not an appropriate word and if this animal exists its safety in the wild is now of concern and such talk is prudent. Regarding low IQ's it appears that you consider yourself to be an element of an intellectual hierarchy disposed to making such a statement. Are you also seeing pink elephants?

• Like 1

The cost of capturing the white elephant and looking after it could be offset by using it in TV adverts for skin lightening products.

Maybe it could be used in ads for tanning products too. I mean, how ridiculous are they?

More superstitious mumbo jumbo and now we have Ministries dictating nature? What low level IQ's these people have. White elephants for royalty? Okay I can (barely) live with that knowing the animal will be pampered (to a human standard) but let the animal roam wild with its natural family before you reduce it to slavery. If the albino is allowed to breed there would be a good chance it will produce more offspring thus reduce the demand for such misguided nonsense.

"What low level IQ's these people have..."

Traditional cultural fiction would never survive in the enlightened west and people would never waste money perpetuating it in the face of cold hard reality.

post-145917-0-84450300-1367682029_thumb.

post-145917-0-29550500-1367682045_thumb.

post-145917-0-65145300-1367682280_thumb.

• Like 1

Traditional cultural fiction would never survive in the enlightened west and people would never waste money perpetuating it in the face of cold hard reality.

Oops. Forgot my favorite examples of western scientific thought versus superstition, betting with an octopus who predicts sports events and the annual homage to a groundhog who predicts the weather.

post-145917-0-69083100-1367685995_thumb.

post-145917-0-38175800-1367686418_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

Why don't they just use Nivea whitening cream on a regular elephant?

Have you seen the price of it !!! still maybe they do a Jumbo size container ? but unless the jumbo pack comes with 30% extra free I would think there would be little left in the tub by the time it reached the elephant.......Bleach is far cheaper and it won't block it's pores whistling.gif

Was that really a white elephant in the picture, I thought it might be either an expat who lost his way home after a heavy session or a fat Thai who has been using nivea whitening cream too regularly ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Oops. Forgot my favorite examples of western scientific thought versus superstition, betting with an octopus who predicts sports events and the annual homage to a groundhog who predicts the weather.

post-145917-0-69083100-1367685995_thumb.

Yeah, but that was a European octopus with brains who predicted the correct worldcup outcome, not just a stupid Thai elephant.

Yeah, but nothing unique about the Thais on this count. Ask a Brit about the legends surrounding the monkeys on Gibraltar or the Ravens at the Tower of London and what will happen if either of these two populations disappears. Then you will understand that there are superstitions/beliefs like this in a lot of places and perhaps they have nothing to do with IQ as you suggest.

They did realise it isn't a colour camera, and the picture is taken in the middle of the night?

So you're saying it could be a pink one then?

or yellow , or some foreign expat walking nude in the jungle

Yeah, but nothing unique about the Thais on this count. Ask a Brit about the legends surrounding the monkeys on Gibraltar or the Ravens at the Tower of London and what will happen if either of these two populations disappears. Then you will understand that there are superstitions/beliefs like this in a lot of places and perhaps they have nothing to do with IQ as you suggest.

Then try asking Brits if they actually believe it.

• Like 1

I think all white elephants are supposed to be protected by the king with all the auspicious and superstitious things attached to it. That's why they are worth so much. The palace will pay the owner or finder a heap of money in trade for the albino elephant.

Whatever. Let them do as they please. One less elephant begging on the streets.