90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2013

Tywais

Back from my 90 days this morning (Monday). It must have been one of the fastest times ever: In at 11:11, out at 11:16!

Not too busy today with only half of the seats taken. I was confused by not finding the ticket number machine anymore, but at the counter below the TV I got the number 551 and currently serving was already at 549. There was just enough time to get my (pre-prepared) copies and the form out of my bag until my number was called.

I was due for the report yesterday (Sunday), but no problems, questions or raised eyebrows - all very easy and efficient. So don't be afraid of the report, there is no need to send any agents if you live not too far from the immigration office.

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was due for the report yesterday (Sunday), but no problems, questions or raised eyebrows - all very easy and efficient.

Grace period is up to a fortnight before, a sennight after.

Good that it is being addressed, though.

Did our ( 2 of us) visa renewals, re entry permits in about 1 hour last week.

Last but not least my 90 days,took all of 2 minutes.

They seem to have got it sorted there, at the moment.

Did you have an appointment for the renewal. Or is that hour just the time it took for them to process it from the moment you sat down until the moment they handed it to you with the reentry permits. In other words did you have to wait for your number to come up before being called.

Did our ( 2 of us) visa renewals, re entry permits in about 1 hour last week.

Last but not least my 90 days,took all of 2 minutes.

They seem to have got it sorted there, at the moment.

Did you have an appointment for the renewal. Or is that hour just the time it took for them to process it from the moment you sat down until the moment they handed it to you with the reentry permits. In other words did you have to wait for your number to come up before being called.

2 x online appointments. From arriving to leaving with all 5 things completed was just over the hour.

• Like 1

I'm new at this. My wife and I came in late June of this year. Went to Taiwan for 2 weeks in July. Does our 90-day reporting start from our 1st entry in late June or from our last entry in July? Also, should we go to the immigration office right on the 90th day or should we go a day or two early?

I'm new at this. My wife and I came in late June of this year. Went to Taiwan for 2 weeks in July. Does our 90-day reporting start from our 1st entry in late June or from our last entry in July? Also, should we go to the immigration office right on the 90th day or should we go a day or two early?

It will start on your last entry into the country. That is provided you had a multiple or single reentry permit.

You may go in 14 days early and 7 days late.

It will start on your last entry into the country. That is provided you had a multiple or single reentry permit.

It starts based on your date of entry into Thailand and that is day one of the 90 days. You can report 15 days before and 7 days after due date.

• Like 2

It starts based on your date of entry into Thailand and that is day one of the 90 days. You can report 15 days before and 7 days after due date.

Thank you to both. Your comments have been very informative.

Thank you to both. Your comments have been very informative.

And don't forget, you can avoid going to immigration by doing the 90 day report by post. This service was suspended for a while but when I was last there ( August ) I was told it is back on.

was there yesterday... went in at 2pm, went out at 2:06pm.... the reason it took so long was that my yearly renewal comes up in mid november and the officer

mistakenly gave me a 90 day due date for my next report.. which he had to then change to the november due date.

couple of swipes with white out and a restamp and i was on my way.

Arrived at my appointed time of 1:30pm (online queue) for renewal of my retirement visa (extension of stay, for those who insist on the proper terminology) and to transfer from old passport to new.

Instead of going to the usual desks (#5 or #6), I was shown to the back room. I had completed all my paperwork (forms online) and all correct copies made, bank book, etc before arrival.

Apparently, and amazingly, Immigration has decided that one officer can complete all the steps. Interview form, done. Forms checked, done. Copies and bank book checked, done. He handed off my application for transfer of stamp to another girl who also returned it to him completed in about 10 minutes. New passport stamped, Money collected, receipt issued, done. 35 MINUTES TOTAL.

There were only about15 people in the waiting area and numbers seemed to be called rapidly. There was no waiting for 90 day reports. Can't ask for much better than this. clap2.gif

Awesome! Would you please consider posting this on a more appropriate thread, such as "Visiting Chiang Mai Immigration?"

Edited by Mapguy

Arrived at my appointed time of 1:30pm (online queue) for renewal of my retirement visa (extension of stay, for those who insist on the proper terminology) and to transfer from old passport to new.

Instead of going to the usual desks (#5 or #6), I was shown to the back room. I had completed all my paperwork (forms online) and all correct copies made, bank book, etc before arrival.

Apparently, and amazingly, Immigration has decided that one officer can complete all the steps. Interview form, done. Forms checked, done. Copies and bank book checked, done. He handed off my application for transfer of stamp to another girl who also returned it to him completed in about 10 minutes. New passport stamped, Money collected, receipt issued, done. 35 MINUTES TOTAL.

There were only about15 people in the waiting area and numbers seemed to be called rapidly. There was no waiting for 90 day reports. Can't ask for much better than this. clap2.gif

Awesome! Would you please consider posting this on a more appropriate thread, such as "Visiting Chiang Mai Immigration?"

There are so many Immigration threads running, it is hard to determine which is appropriate. As all 90 day reports are being done by people who also renew visa's I thought it would still be of interest to some. i also did mention 90 days no wait. If the mod's wish to move this post, they are certainly free to do so. Sorry for being "inappropriate". Just trying to help.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are so many Immigration threads running, it is hard to determine which is appropriate. As all 90 day reports are being done by people who also renew visa's I thought it would still be of interest to some. i also did mention 90 days no wait. If the mod's wish to move this post, they are certainly free to do so. Sorry for being "inappropriate". Just trying to help.

there was a simaklar thread running and being taken over by all kinds of things the Mods shut it down. I asked one of them if they could maybe start a thread for 90 day reporting as it seemed at the time to be a big deal to some. He did he started this one. Just goes to show that Mods listen. I had quite an experience with the renewal also and reported it on a different thread. It would seem this topic has become non important. Maybe time to shut it down.

Thanks was just searching for that info.

Also form the original sticky

Are these all single copies & signed I presume?

Or do they want double copies like extension?

Thank You

Passport Copies

Passport page with photo

Date of Arrival (Last Entry Stamp)

Permit to Stay Up Until (Last Visa Stamp or Extension)

TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card)

5. Last receipt of Notification (Original)

6. Completed form TM 47 (Download Here - pdf format) (Word Format)

Did my 90 day this morning.

In at 10:50 - the girl on the information counter didn't know which ticket to give me so had to ask.

My number was on the display - obviously no queue, but no-one serving.

Waited 10 minutes and a woman arrives and says "I not call your number yet".

She then says "You not want me to eat".

She angrily stamps things and says in Thai about me interrupting her eating, which I ignore.

She tosses my passport on the counter.

I exit, stage left.

She must be having a bad day!

Did my 90 day this morning.

In at 10:50 - the girl on the information counter didn't know which ticket to give me so had to ask.

My number was on the display - obviously no queue, but no-one serving.

Waited 10 minutes and a woman arrives and says "I not call your number yet".

She then says "You not want me to eat".

She angrily stamps things and says in Thai about me interrupting her eating, which I ignore.

She tosses my passport on the counter.

I exit, stage left.

She must be having a bad day!

Work......the curse of the eating class.

Thank You

None answered but

In case anyone else wondered yes it is single copy of each page signed.

Although I have been here for years, I was using a Assist Visa all this time.

Now that they raised prices & require drop off & pickup I decided to go myself.

Quite easy actually & glad I decided to try it.

Although I had already noted in August when I did my yearly it was much improved.

Went in today took 30 minutes total.

But my number was 11 numbers from where I arrived at 2:45

It really would have been 10 min or less but 20 minutes of it was some falang that had nothing & understood nothing

The only other delays are all the usual no clue folks who want to walk right up with no que number.

To her credit the nice lady at the counter goes & gets them one.

Of course many of these are also old timers & obviously know what to do but still try to slip

up to the counter without a que#

You can tell by the grins after they are reminded.

Edited by meechai

Just curious, were you required to bring a embassy letter stating your income or just show the bank book. For clarification, can you just show the bank book with monthly foreign transfers that equal or exceed the monetary bench mark?

Thank You

None answered but

In case anyone else wondered yes it is single copy of each page signed.

Although I have been here for years, I was using a Assist Visa all this time.

Now that they raised prices & require drop off & pickup I decided to go myself.

Quite easy actually & glad I decided to try it.

Went in today took 30 minutes total.

But my number was 11 numbers from where I arrived at 2:45

It really would have been 10 min or less but 20 minutes of it was some falang that had nothing & understood nothing

The only other delays are all the usual no clue folks who want to walk right up with no que number.

Of course many of these are also old timers & obviously know what to do but still try to slip

up to the counter without a que#

You can tell by the grins after they are reminded.

So I must be one of those No Clue folks. Excuse me but, when going for a 90 day report after 1:30 ( which is what everyone should do) , there is No wait and no que required! Thanks ....No Clue.

So I must be one of those No Clue folks. Excuse me but, when going for a 90 day report after 1:30 ( which is what everyone should do) , there is No wait and no que required! Thanks ....No Clue.

Well there is now

But now you have a clue wink.png

That is if you read my whole post?

Lady officer wouldn't be getting them one if none is required...Nor clicking thru the Que numbers overhead.

Edited by meechai

Just curious, were you required to bring a embassy letter stating your income or just show the bank book. For clarification, can you just show the bank book with monthly foreign transfers that equal or exceed the monetary bench mark?

Sorry, thought it was the 90 day thread.

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 2

Well there is now

But now you have a clue wink.png

That is if you read my whole post?

Lady officer wouldn't be getting them one if none is required...Nor clicking thru the Que numbers overhead.

In the afternoon on my many attempts at 90 days, I have always gone to the right side counter. I drop my stuff and say 90 day. No one has ever requested me to get or gone to get me a #. Actually, they seem happy that I chose this time of day for this service. My wait times for completion of said service are less than 10 minutes. The jest of my post, is to make folks aware, that by doing 90 day reports in the afternoon, you are taking a lot of pressure off the morning hours which can be used for the more complex issues. Still clueless?

The jest of my post, is to make folks aware, that by doing 90 day reports in the afternoon, you are taking a lot of pressure off the morning hours which can be used for the more complex issues. Still clueless?

That is cool & a well known fact about afternoons which is why I went in the afternoon.

But I am not so blind to not be able to see changes & see the Que being used at that counter

with the 600 series numbers being used & called out. So I grab a number like everyone else.

But go ahead & continue *your* way wink.png

But yes that would be clueless faking like the 2nd type I mentioned above

Edited by meechai