Rude Customer

lowprofile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought I'd heard if you spend a certain amount with Villa in BKK, at least, they will take you home or something like that. Maybe it was delivery, I don't know.

But if a business goes out of their way to treat you right and you are used to it, I imagine it could be frustrating when somebody doesn't know the score.

She may have been rude and that's not cool but I don't think it's unheard of to get treatment like this.

Irrespective of nationality if you are an overweight, heavily made up( to hide the wrinkles ) altered hair color with black roots and most likely a five-o-clock shadowed non Thai female the only way you can feel superior to the local lovelies who are smiling at your husband is to try and treat them as beneath you.

Nothing is more insecure in Thailand than the average non Thai wife.

• Like 1

Quoting the OP: "I thought the Russians and Chinese were getting a bad reputation but the Germans still seem to rule supreme!". Suppose this lady would have chanced to be Norwegian, would you have said: "the Norwegians still seem to rule supreme"? Every population has its tiny share of extreme specimens.

But don't you find some are not as tiny as others?

Irrespective of nationality if you are an overweight, heavily made up( to hide the wrinkles ) altered hair color with black roots and most likely a five-o-clock shadowed non Thai female the only way you can feel superior to the local lovelies who are smiling at your husband is to try and treat them as beneath you.

Nothing is more insecure in Thailand than the average non Thai wife.

"Nothing is more insecure in Thailand than the average non Thai wife." - I disagree.

I would have to say nothing is more insecure that a male farang who has just spent his life savings and bought a beer bar, or salon, and also a block of land in Issan, and has built a house on it - all in the Thai girlfriend's name.

How financially "insecure" are they now? :) :) :) :)

• Like 1

In almost every unpleasant instance I have experianced here in the last 3 years it seems a German has been at the tip of the sword. Maybe it's because of their approach or obvious pronounciation but they are patently/blatently rude and demanding.

Thank God they don't act that way toward others as they might find it does not work.

For all of you that frequently bash the Thai's I submit there are not too many places in the world that would put up with the behaviors (your) as they do. Don't try it on me or mine.

The way a lot of the me first - you servant attitude goes - I salute the Thai's for their patience and discrete abilties to deflect - while respecting the mind boggling stupdidty, and feelings of others.

It's our job to be good guests and Ambassadors of ourselves and our heritage(s)/ If you can't do that go home and make the same people miserable that you did before you came here.

Otherwise - appreciate what you now have.....

• Like 1

Well, here is another rude customer for you. I was just now waiting patiently in the queue to get my veggies weighed at Makro behind a Thai woman when another Thai woman walked up with her trolley and waited beside the woman in front of me (they were not together). When it came to my turn, the weigher, a young boy, started on the interloper's goods. I wasn't having any of that - I just told him in English, rather heatedly, I might add, and indicated exactly what the problem was. The weigher just laughed with his mate, stopped with the interloper's goods, and then started on mine. He almost threw the last bag of greens on the table at the end. That's a rude grey-haired '60s farang customer for you. And that is a polite young assistant for you. The interloper knew what she did was wrong because she just meekly gave way. Amazing Thais. Next time it happens, he'll be up in front of the manager.

Edited by Card

I am of Germanic background (born in Austria) and I really object to people putting all of the Germans into one pot. Myself I would never do what was described in the post so please be selective when referring to a nationality

• Like 1

I am of Germanic background (born in Austria) and I really object to people putting all of the Germans into one pot. Myself I would never do what was described in the post so please be selective when referring to a nationality

That makes no sense - Germanic, pre dates Roman times as a general group of tribes NOT necessarily only Germans. (as we now know it) So you would indeed, Austrian, be Germanic as much as you would European. This is not a nationality but a regional association based on a language base - Germanic.

All that aside, great PR job on the little fellow with the moustache palming him off to the world as one of your Germanic (actually German this time) bretheren when acually he is not.

That makes no sense - Germanic, pre dates Roman times as a general group of tribes NOT necessarily only Germans. (as we now know it) So you would indeed, Austrian, be Germanic as much as you would European. This is not a nationality but a regional association based on a language base - Germanic.

All that aside, great PR job on the little fellow with the moustache palming him off to the world as one of your Germanic (actually German this time) bretheren when acually he is not.

It makes complete sense. Gerald is pointing out that not all Germans are rude, arrogant or pushy not that they're not German. I invoke Godwin's Law.

It makes complete sense. Gerald is pointing out that not all Germans are rude, arrogant or pushy not that they're not German. I invoke Godwin's Law.

OP stated Germanic not German!

I have seen Goodwins law brought up in an online footballe transfer/rumour mill forum!! so the link here is far from tenuous :)

He obviously meant to exclude himself from the general assumption that all Germans/Austrians are rude but carry on nit-picking if it makes you happy. Who's Goodwin?

Google is your friend!

Google is indeed your friend. You might want to google 'Godwin'...

He obviously meant to exclude himself from the general assumption that all Germans/Austrians are rude but carry on nit-picking if it makes you happy. Who's Goodwin?

Google is your friend!

That would be for spelling, not googling!

Nit picking are we?

Google is your friend!

There you go (longer sensences often give better results). http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Godwin%27s+Law

Google is your friend!

There you go (longer sensences often give better results). http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Godwin%27s+Law

I asked you who "Goodwin" was... (Hint - you mentioned Goodwin. I mentioned Godwin).

"I have seen Goodwins law brought up in an online footballe transfer/rumour mill forum!! so the link here is far from tenuous"

Still I suppose both words have a selection of the same letters in them.

Edited by sustento

I asked you who "Goodwin" was... (Hint - you mentioned Goodwin. I mentioned Godwin). Still I suppose both words have a selection of the same letters in them.

I did not mention it at all. We need a new law.

Thaivisa Law: When ever someone mentions Godwin's Law, the whole discussion will become so messed up, that there is no one who can follow it anymore.

Google is your friend!

I asked you who "Goodwin" was... (Hint - you mentioned Goodwin. I mentioned Godwin).

"I have seen Goodwins law brought up in an online footballe transfer/rumour mill forum!! so the link here is far from tenuous"

Still I suppose both words have a selection of the same letters in them.

HINT - I mentioned it was a spelling/typo error! actually as we are being pedantic, some idiot spilled coke on my keboard I many of the keys are screwed, stick etc... so its less to do with google, spelling or anything remotely related.

But the ancient peoples of Germanus can rest assured YOU have their best interests at heart - SUSTENTO

I asked you who "Goodwin" was... (Hint - you mentioned Goodwin. I mentioned Godwin). Still I suppose both words have a selection of the same letters in them.

I did not mention it at all. We need a new law.

Thaivisa Law: When ever someone mentions Godwin's Law, the whole discussion will become so messed up, that there is no one who can follow it anymore.

Follow what?smile.png