Obama Is Ready To Take Unilateral Actions If Syria Uses Chemical Weapons

webfact

Yawn, old news and already out of date. It has been reported in the media for the last two weeks that Syria has already crossed the "red line". The US State Dept argues that it was questionable just who used the chemical weapons, so backed off any further action. The problem now is that any aid that America sends to rebels in Syria will wind up in the hands of Hezbollah / Al Qaeda and will get funneled to Palestine, where they will be used against Israel. Funny how that works, init? Obama is going to do nothing, nada, nyet, nunca, F'All. This is merely a watch the shiny object moment trotted out as a diversion to take the focus off of the triple-scandal which has befallen the White House in recent days.

America is in fact using Al Qaeda against Syria. It's well known their flag has been flying in Libya. We apparently helped them get to Libya in the first place. The CIA said that the Arab spring was coming as early as mid nineties. This stuff is planned. It doesnt happen by accident.

When will the west learn? Stay out of it. Next thing you know, the weapons of the victors will be turned on us.

Well I think there is a bereaved family of a senior US Diplomat who will testify to that already having happened, and lets just not go there with Afghanistan and the Mujahadeen or Iraq and its WMD's.

why does the human race watches other Humans kill other Humans, all because of politics, how long do we have to watch defenseless children be killed, and if we act its called intervention.

Because the human species is not that far removed from swinging in the trees. We are still a territorial species and have not learned to live together in peace due to our intolerance of anyone that does not believe the same thing we believe. Really rather sad and does not bode well for us to make it to the next level of enlightenment before the species becomes extinct.

• Like 1

why does the human race watches other Humans kill other Humans, all because of politics, how long do we have to watch defenseless children be killed, and if we act its called intervention.

Because the human species is not that far removed from swinging in the trees. We are still a territorial species and have not learned to live together in peace due to our intolerance of anyone that does not believe the same thing we believe. Really rather sad and does not bode well for us to make it to the next level of enlightenment before the species becomes extinct.

Only 2 mammals use weapons on each other. The other is very closely related to us.

Syria is half a step away from being in a state of anarchy. For the US to get even peripherally involved is crazy. US experience in Iraq and Afghanistan should clearly demonstrate the fact that Western countries cannot win when involved in the Muslim insanity. Syria is a mess regardless of whoever wins. It is best to stay out of it and let those people figure it out for themselves.

If Israel has half a brain- clearly something that is in debate given its posture in the Middle East- it will steer clear of this and let the chips fall where they may. My concern is that as soon as Israel gets involved it will call Obama for help and we will be off on another costly and futile involvement in the Middle East.

• Like 1

Don't need to worry about that. Israel fights its own battles and always has.

I can see no reason for the US to get involved in Syria that makes sense with the make up of the rebels, but drawing red lines that vanish when they are crossed is a huge boo-boo that undermines American credibility.

• Like 2

What are the options for the US/NATO? I can only believe it would be enforced no fly zones as the West has made it clear that their is no willingness for "boots on the ground" and major concerns for providing sophisticated weapons for the Syrian Free Army

Could someone explain to me why when last week when the UN said that the 'rebels' who the West are backing, used chemical weapons, this is not a 'game changer according to Obama? The line had been crossed? Does this mean that Barack Obama is a hypocrite? Surely not. Heaven forbid!

I guess this wonderful source Voice of Russia cited so frequently here was unaware that Putin, who they say wants peace, just sent Assad a bunch of extremely high tech missiles. These are a threat to both Israel and to US Naval ships. This actually could really escalate issues in Syria.

Isn't citing stories from Voice of Russia about like citing stories from government controlled Chinese newspapers.

OP is based on articles from BBC, LA Times

I guess this wonderful source Voice of Russia cited so frequently here was unaware that Putin, who they say wants peace, just sent Assad a bunch of extremely high tech missiles. These are a threat to both Israel and to US Naval ships. This actually could really escalate issues in Syria.

Isn't citing stories from Voice of Russia about like citing stories from government controlled Chinese newspapers.

OP is based on articles from BBC, LA Times

I don't think LA Times or BBC wascrepieting that Putin was looking for a peaceful resolution, especially on the day he sent Assad some high tech missiles that may bring Israel or escalate things a bit.

One would hope that the rebels do not have access to chemical weapons, however, the risk is that a storage facility will fall in their hands. Not that I would expect them to use chemicals, but hypothetically, I wonder how it would be handled.

The German word Zugzwang springs to mind. This is commonly applied to chess in a situation that a player is compelled to move and whatever move he makes is to his disadvantage. Hence recently we have attacks on Israeli border positions and a terrorist attack on the Turkish border were imho calculated to induce escalation. The realization of Zugzwang has no doubt belatedly occurred to Washington too.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/how-syria-killed-the-arab-spring/

Edited by Steely Dan

• 1 month later...