Travel Agent For Airline Tickets?

Hi all - I may have to fly to the UK at short notice. sad.png

Can anyone recommend a reliable travel agent where I can book a reasonably priced flight? whistling.gif

I used to use Asia Travel in Nathon - but I am looking for someone closer to Bangrak! wai.gif

(I cannot use the internet - no credit card sad.png)

Problem is even if a friend books with his credit card and you pay him cash, you need to present the card upon check in....you could try Thai Airways at the airport if you wish to fly Thai (direct flight).

Haven't used a travel agent in donkey years, not sure if there is one left in Bagrak.

Well there used to be one in Bophut, but the woman cancelled many tickets which her customers had purchased through her, and ran away with all that money...

I used Highspeed in Chaweng (little soi opposite Centara) a couple of times, and found them helpful and reliable. But rarely that they could match a specific offer I found online.

Safest and cheapest is to book yourself via credit card. If you can't, make sure you take out a travel insurance, which includes refund of tickets, if someone runs of with the money, or airline goes bust, or whatever else may go wrong.

Well there used to be one in Bophut, but the woman cancelled many tickets which her customers had purchased through her, and ran away with all that money...

I used Highspeed in Chaweng (little soi opposite Centara) a couple of times, and found them helpful and reliable. But rarely that they could match a specific offer I found online.

Safest and cheapest is to book yourself via credit card. If you can't, make sure you take out a travel insurance, which includes refund of tickets, if someone runs of with the money, or airline goes bust, or whatever else may go wrong.

Yes, agree GS, Highspeed, Soi Colibri I think.

They can process the ticket there and then.

Some smaller agencies (where they say come back in an hour for your tickets) use them as well.

I have found they gave me the same price as online.

I always fly Qatar but have loyalty card with them for the perks.

Maybe use a screenscraper first, the go ask the price at Highspeed?

Thanks for all of the advice

The only issue with Asia Travel is the multiple visits - I may not have the time to do that

(I agree - very reasonable, very good and very reliable - time is my problem).

The gap frmo knowing (if I have to go) and going will be small.

You can use the internet without a credit card. i do at least 3 tickets a month international and domestic. i travel a lot.

See which airline on edreams.com or try thaiairways.com.

Then go the the AIRLINE WEBSITE DIRECT.

There is a tick box on the payment page. ..PAY AT AIRLINE OFFICE

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You can use the internet without a credit card. i do at least 3 tickets a month international and domestic. i travel a lot.

See which airline on edreams.com or try thaiairways.com.

Then go the the AIRLINE WEBSITE DIRECT.

There is a tick box on the payment page. ..PAY AT AIRLINE OFFICE

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In most cases this is correct. However, apart from Bangkok airways and Thai Air, there are no airline offices on Samui as far as I am aware. That means one needs to fly to Bangkok to pay... Then Nathon suddenly feels around the corner!

• Like 1

Hi sorry, about the wrong web address, hope you find what you need

No probs with the address, and they are about the same price as all of the other web ticket sellers (ebookers/kayak/expedia etc)

The great bit - payment through the Thai banking system

Thanks for the tip. thumbsup.gif