Pirelli Corsa Ii Vs Irc Izr003

KRS1

Title should say Corsa II

I believe i found the limits to the Corsa II's today...and was thinking of getting the Japanese version of IRC, the IZR003 (track tires). Friends have used them , but they dont ride fast enough to know the limits, said they loved them though. They cost about 6400 baht, a lot cheaper than Pirelii's at 10K plus

Anyone have a comparison? or a suggestion for something a bit stickier than the Corsa II ?

Thanks

Edited by KRS1

• 2 months later...

did you ever try the Irc's

Just seen them here for 5k...... http://www.saikourubber.com/index.php?page=showtopics&fn=view&id=56

and looking at this picture they seem to work biggrin.png

attachicon.gif836299.jpg

I helped two friends find them 2 years ago on a cbr 250 and ninja 250. Theyre really soft and sticky, but are really track oriented and want to pitch into a corner and take off. I dont see them lasting more than 10k kilometers, but they are pretty good, i think stickier than the Diablo ll.

Since they were on friends bikes, i didnt have a chance to push them as hard as the Diablos ll i have right now. My friends loved them though and confidence level got a major boost.

Edited by KRS1

Just seen them here for 5k...... http://www.saikourubber.com/index.php?page=showtopics&fn=view&id=56

and looking at this picture they seem to work Posted Image

Posted Image836299.jpg

I helped two friends find them 2 years ago on a cbr 250 and ninja 250. Theyre really soft and sticky, but are really track oriented and want to pitch into a corner and take off. I dont see them lasting more than 10k kilometers, but they are pretty good, i think stickier than the Diablo ll.

Since they were on friends bikes, i didnt have a chance to push them as hard as the Diablos ll i have right now. My friends loved them though and confidence level got a major boost.

OK. I don't do much mileage. But want some decent tyres without breaking the bank ..and a 2.5 k saving over the Pirellis is good.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I believe i found the limits to the Corsa II's today...and was thinking of getting the Japanese version of IRC, the IZR003 (track tires). Friends have used them , but they dont ride fast enough to know the limits, said they loved them though. They cost about 6400 baht, a lot cheaper than Pirelii's at 10K plus

Anyone have a comparison? or a suggestion for something a bit stickier than the Corsa II ?

Thanks

Ar'nt the Corsa II's multi compound tires?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Thanks

Yes...and?

Thanks

Yes...and?

Wouldn't they be better suited for street use than track use? I have them on my FZI and I really like em. But for track day? Not so much.

Thanks

Yes...and?

Wouldn't they be better suited for street use than track use? I have them on my FZI and I really like em. But for track day? Not so much.

Yes and No. It depends on how you use your bike. Before multi compound they were single compound. I personally don't ride a huge amount now. But I would like some sticky tyres at a reasonable price. Maybe the IRC's!!!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Just seen them here for 5k...... http://www.saikourubber.com/index.php?page=showtopics&fn=view&id=56

and looking at this picture they seem to work biggrin.png

attachicon.gif836299.jpg

OK. I don't do much mileage. But want some decent tyres without breaking the bank ..and a 2.5 k saving over the Pirellis is good.

Go for it then ! thumbsup.gif

Although they have a much different character than the Diablo and stock IRC's youll get use to them.

May i ask what speed rating your Rosso IIs are?
I got the lower speed rating (still within limits on my 650), they warm up quickly and I've never had any issues other than sand or me being a dick and trying to provoke the back end to slide lol

It seems that the 120 front and 150 rear tires for the Ninja are a good choice, read here posts #8 and #10 http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146837

Gomyway

The reason "peanut eod" the racer on that site went with 120/150 is because he is running the more full race compound Super Corsa's

which do not come in 110/140 size instead of the more popular street/track days Diablo Rosso II's

Although Pirelli says they can be used on the street ( because they are not slicks )

Most who tried those tires said they are not good for street use as you cannot get them up to operating temperature

on the normal streets. So you never really get the benefits they were designed for.

It seems that the 120 front and 150 rear tires for the Ninja are a good choice, read here posts #8 and #10  http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146837

Gomyway

The reason "peanut eod" the racer on that site went with 120/150 is because he is running the more full race compound Super Corsa's

which do not come in 110/140 size instead of the more popular street/track days Diablo Rosso II's

Although Pirelli says they can be used on the street ( because they are not slicks )

Most who tried those tires said they are not good for street use as you cannot get them up to operating temperature

on the normal streets.  So you never really get the benefits they were designed for.

That's kinda what I'm worried about for IRC 003's

It seems that the 120 front and 150 rear tires for the Ninja are a good choice, read here posts #8 and #10 http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146837

Gomyway

on the normal streets. So you never really get the benefits they were designed for.

That's kinda what I'm worried about for IRC 003's

the izr003 are super sticky cold, dont worry about warm up.smile.png