Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

Thailand Elite is a great option to enjoy long stays in the country.

For the people who have the money, of course...

Even for retirees...

But especially those who are younger and/or don't want to zig zag between the rules indefinitely.

I believe that some of the worst critics of the card - while certainly not admitting it - may even recommend it to (financially comfortable) others, now that there is a more affordable option, with the greatest privilege (the visa) still offered in the "TE Easy Access" option.

Buy a card and enjoy Thailand.

But behave...

Even if you are a wannabe rich (or even if you are a real member of the elite), stay nice and don't behave like a new rich jerk. Or a wannabe hi so.

Behave nicely and they (TE, immigration, limo drivers, ...) will love you smile.png

Reading forums, we, of course, understand that most jerks are not Thailand Elite Card holders smile.png

I am a member since the beginning of the program.

I love it.

I also would not want to change my visa type. Very convenient.

The reasons I love this program have been posted in previous posts. Don't want to repeat it again.

Problems?

Yes, one time.

On a flight back from Europe there was no attendant to greet me at the plane and allow me to benefit from the extra-speedy process to get to the limo.

I sent them an email, not to complain but just to mention the problem, and that I had cleared immigration with the other first class passengers (and lost some time in the process).

They replied immediately to explain the error, apologized several times in further emails, and it never happened again (in 10 years membership).

If you can afford a card (500,000 for 5 years or 2 million for 20 years), go for it.

But, if you feel that 500,000 or 2 million baht is a lot of money... Then this product is most probably not for you.

If this product is not for you, it does not mean that it is not suitable for others.

All in all, TE is a great option, but not for all.

Now back to the critics smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Some fools are easly parted from their money. clap2.gif

And let us not forget the fools that lived their lives doing endless TR visas and visa-runs and have now been easily parted from their 5 million baht condos.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardholders will be eligible for a five-year Multiple Entry Visa to Thailand and a one-year stay privilege per visit.

Well worth 101,000 Baht (3,150 USD, 1,840 GBP, 2,314 EUR, 3,367 AUD) per year. NOT!

Of course, for all those who consider 101,000 baht per year an outrageous amount of money (not sure where the 1000 comes from), this product is certainly not to be considered.

But when this amount is put into the context of "a financially comfortable person's life", ... it is negligible.

It's all depends on context, your personal finances, and your own perspective.

It is a bit like traveling to Europe in economy for 29,000 baht or in First Class for 203,000 baht.

All passengers get to the same destination, but some chose to spend much more for some additional comfort.

Or spend a night in a guest house, rather than in a 5 star hotel.

Both offer a bed.

Or drive a Nissan Micra, rather than a Jaguar.

Both will be stuck in traffic.

Or use a free basic credit card, rather than a platinum Amex, which comes at an expensive annual fee.

Both can pay for a restaurant.

Or or or whatever...

Up to anyone to buy the products that suits his lifestyle the best.

In the case of the Thailand Elite card, I can say that 1 million baht (at that time) for already 10 years of trouble free stay (and many more to follow)... was a real bargain :)

I love Thailand Elite, as well as these threads about the card :)

Edited by gerry1011

Cardholders will be eligible for a five-year Multiple Entry Visa to Thailand and a one-year stay privilege per visit.

Well worth 101,000 Baht (3,150 USD, 1,840 GBP, 2,314 EUR, 3,367 AUD) per year. NOT!

Of course, for all those who consider 101,000 baht per year an outrageous amount of money (not sure where the 1000 comes from), this product is certainly not to be considered.

But when this amount is put into the context of "a financially comfortable person's life", ... it is negligible.

It is a bit like traveling to Europe in economy for 29,000 baht or in First Class for 203,000 baht.

All passengers get to the same destination, but some chose to spend much more for some additional comfort.

Both offer a bed.

Or use a free basic credit card, rather than a platinum Amex, which comes at an expensive annual fee.

Or or or whatever...

In the case of the Thailand Elite card, I can say that 1 million baht (at that time) for 10 years of trouble free stay (and many more to follow)... was a real bargain smile.png

I love Thailand Elite, as well as these threads about the card smile.png

I was speaking only for myself. Some wealthy don't care if they waste money or not (more power to them); some do. My personal opinion is, it is not worth it, as there are less expensive alternatives to the same benefits (or even better) in Thailand. Sorry about the maths, it should be Baht 120,000 per year.

Both offer a bed.

Or or or whatever...

In the case of the Thailand Elite card, I can say that 1 million baht (at that time) for already 10 years of trouble free stay (and many more to follow)... was a real bargain smile.png

I love Thailand Elite, as well as these threads about the card smile.png

I bet you bought a top of the range Betamax VCR too. smile.png

I was speaking only for myself. Some wealthy don't care if they waste money or not (more power to them); some do. My personal opinion is, it is not worth it, as there are less expensive alternatives to the same benefits (or even better) in Thailand. Sorry about the maths, it should be Baht 120,000 per year.

The cheap version of this one (Easy Access) costs 500k for 5 years and there's no 20k yearly fee as it has less benefits.

I can rent an apartment for 100k per year in Cambodia , and no visa problems to worry about,

So can I.

With the caveat that ukrules has the 'best of both worlds' whereas balo will be like the poor kid at Christmas time with his little nose pressed up against the glass of the fancy shop window, standing on the outside looking in.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Someone I know may want to apply for the "easy access"

So I'm looking for feedbacks/reviews...!

If I understood well it is 500k for 5 years, no 20k/year, less privileges...

Can you confirm I can stay in the country for 5 years without having to leave? Do I have to go to immigration?
Overall is the application easy, can it be done remotely or only in Bangkok? Do they speak good english if I call them?
Thanks!

Edit : removed, found the right topic, will read the 26 pages :P

Edited by samui4me

• 1 month later...

lol right Here I'll buy two. retirement visa way better cheaper so you have 90 day reports big deal. Airport so empty now get Vip treatment coming in now why pay for it? With departure hall so empty can land a 747 in there an not a person would have to move. Maybe you should add free Thai hooker with that card or a lady boy for those quality Chinese.cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif next

• 1 month later...

• The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau.

Your ED visa requirements too ;)

Don't worry for the Thailand Elite visa privilege...

I am using this privilege since 11 years, and never had the worries you guys have to go through with other types of visa.

That peace of mind does not come free though... One must have a bit of money to benefit from such privilege.

• 1 month later...

So before it was 1 million baht life time membership with no yearly fee and unlimited golf and spar.. and it DIDN'T sell. nOw 2 million baht and only 20 years with 20k a year fee and only 24 golf and spa... winnerlaugh.png

My 1 year non b is only 20000 per year

2 minion on top is just not worth it

So before it was 1 million baht life time membership with no yearly fee and unlimited golf and spar.. and it DIDN'T sell. nOw 2 million baht and only 20 years with 20k a year fee and only 24 golf and spa... winnerlaugh.png

My 1 year non b is only 20000 per year

2 minion on top is just not worth it

Your non b is too cheap for me.

I prefer the 2 million option :)

Edited by gerry1011

But I am of course happy for anyone who, with a cheap option, is as happy as I am with my great PE visa wink.png

A no-headache visa is priceless... I love Thailand Elite smile.png

I'm with you Gerry, already 7 years on a no headache visa, with on average 15 minutes every 90 days for a report. Total cost so far 13.300 Baht.

How about your expenses so far?smile.png

But I am of course happy for anyone who, with a cheap option, is as happy as I am with my great PE visa wink.png

I'm with you Gerry, already 7 years on a no headache visa, with on average 15 minutes every 90 days for a report. Total cost so far 13.300 Baht.

Uhm... I never made the calculation. I am not very good at accounting, especially when it comes to my own spendings :)

But since I am in my third 5 years' no-headache visa, I guess that my cost per year must be quite low.

I think that the PE (privileged entry) visa should be renamed NH (no headache) visa :)

By the way, since you are also a long time Thailand Elite member, did you notice that most of the bitter and envious Thailand Elite haters have disappeared?

They must be out of silly arguments to criticize the program.

On the other side, more and more people join Thailand Elite.

Good news :)

Uhm... I never made the calculation. I am not very good at accounting, especially when it comes to my own spendings smile.png

But since I am in my third 5 years' no-headache visa, I guess that my cost per year must be quite low.

I think that the PE (privileged entry) visa should be renamed NH (no headache) visa smile.png

By the way, since you are also a long time Thailand Elite member, did you notice that most of the bitter and envious Thailand Elite haters have disappeared?

Good news smile.png

Did you read my post correctly?

I said thirteen thousand and three hundred baht in total over 7 years.

I bet I got a TE visa for that money, and I'm sure it cost you also a bit more.

In fact, I have such a feeling that for the difference of money you spent on your no headache visa, I got a no headache house and new truck thrown in on top of my visa.

Edited by Anthony5

Uhm... I never made the calculation. I am not very good at accounting, especially when it comes to my own spendings smile.png

I think that the PE (privileged entry) visa should be renamed NH (no headache) visa smile.png

Good news smile.png

Did you read my post correctly?

I said thirteen thousand and three hundred baht in total over 7 years.

I bet I got a TE visa for that money, and I'm sure it cost you also a bit more.

In fact, I have such a feeling that for the difference of money you spent on your no headache visa, I got a no headache house and new truck thrown in on top of my visa.

My god... You must have a very little house and an old truck for that price :)

I must apologize indeed. I read your post too quickly and got the impression that you were not on the cheap side. Sorry again to have misunderstood and to have mistaken you for an Elite member.

In any case, if we are both happy with our choices, no problem at all :)

We succeeded in bringing the haters back into the discussion :)

Well done :)

My answer to DaffyDuck: I am a member since 2003 and I enjoy an immensely convenient Thailand Elite visa since 13 years. It has never been discontinued. I am as happy today as I was on the first day of my membership :)

Even more, since now I enjoy 1 year stamps! Very cool indeed :)

A comment to "settled":

It seems that Thailand Elite members are of a greater quality than the haters. At least it shows in the vocabulary used in their posts...

who the hell would buy this when they keep shifting the goal posts ...... coffee1.gif

The ones who bought it enjoy a comfortable life in Thailand, I can assure you... :)

This year only, 152 new members now enjoy the PE (privileged entry) visa, and, as they all say in other related threads, it is a dream of a visa ;)

The great thing about you guys, who hate Thailand Elite so much, is that without your useless comments the promotion of the Thailand Elite program on this forum would not be as good as it is now :)

These threads brought in quite a number of new members :)