Ninja 300 for 2014?

mania

I wonder if it was planned for Thailand all along, but they decided to fully focus on supplying primary markets (US, EU, Aus) first, so there was no shortage of bikes of parts in them for the first year or so.

I think Honda learned a lesson with the 250 and 500 series, with customers in primary markets left waiting and unsure of delivery and parts.

Kawa played it right I think. Fully supply and focus on the markets that matter most, then after a year start taking care of secondary markets instead of trying to take care of all at once and have customers lose brand confidence.

Could be but also back when I bought in December I knew about the 300 so asked.

I asked both the main dealers in BK & Cm + also wrote to Kawasaki Manufacturing in Thailand

They all said the same...No 300 for at least 2 years

So I dont know & think maybe they thought they would keep both models going but now

think it easier to have the one only? Not sure.

Then again since the Honda 500 arrived they probably want to not lose folks to it although I think they are very different bike types.

I do think Kawasaki needs to think of not only brand confidence in reliability/parts availability etc

They need to also look at things like price/value stability

What they recently did by plunging the Z1000 price 100k to clear their stock was just wrong I think.

Imagine how folks who just bought felt?

That is a large amount to see vanish from a price/value you just paid for.

They should have chosen a more orderly fashion of liquidation if that is what they wanted or suck it up as parts even

Edited by mania

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow I found this review of the Ninja 300 in Thailand http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/New-Kawasaki-Ninja-300_Serious-Improve

Yes & from that review the reason I kind of felt they killed the Ninja spirit & dumbing it down for the commuters

Kawasaki seems to have recognized that the extremely peak power delivery of the old 250cc was a bit of a turn-off for some, as the extra 47cc have been attained via a 7.8mm elongation of the piston strokes, which now measure 49mm instead of 41.2mm. This adds a lot more leverage, so the crankshaft now spins more readily, and a relaxed, effortless engine persona is the result. IT also means that short-shifts are firmly on the riding menu,

Bit of a turn off? It is what made the small ninja a ninja smile.png

If they wanted a "relaxed engine persona" they can buy a squared Honda

Dont get me wrong the increased displacement & the slipper clutch, larger throttle bodies are great

But they should have achieved the displacement increase thru bore & stroke not just stroke.

& forget ABS on a small light bike...Or do as KTM & give you the option of turning it off.

mania 1+

This writeup http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/New-Kawasaki-Ninja-300_Serious-Improve when you read it is a marketing writeup for helping rise the numbers of sale.

The 300 Ninja when you look at it from the technical point of view still is the same like the 250 from 2008, i.e. the fork springs are exactly the same, with only a bigger engine, another "makeup" (comparing the fairings with the ZX10R giving the people the feeling of owning a real big bike), the slipper clutch and the option of ABS.

About the sense of ABS there is many talk and here I absolute agree with you and you always must remember with ABS at your mocyc every change in suspension can ABS make working NOT correct.

I don't wanna talk against the 300 or Kawasaki as the company, but leave the reality like it is. And reality is that Kawasaki made a mistake here in LoS with still selling the Ninja as a 250 while Honda with the CBR 500 built a real new bike compared to the older 250 CBR and so many customers left Kawasaki going to Honda to get the 500 and Kwaki losing those customers. So what Kwaki need to do to come back in business is sell the 300 here also and here we are.

• Like 1

mania 1+

This writeup http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/New-Kawasaki-Ninja-300_Serious-Improve when you read it is a marketing writeup for helping rise the numbers of sale.

Yes for sure & inaccurate. That site seems to be a shill & I have noticed before.

In this article

They try to make it sound as if the 300 has a new frame, body work etc yet it is the 2013 250 with engine mods & abs

A revised steel-tube frame for the Kawasaki Ninja 300 adds extra stiffening to the engine mounts, swingarm pivot and steering head, and contributes quite a portion of the motorcycle's three-kilogram weight increase over the previous entry level Kawasaki.

Will that mean they will also produce a Z300??????

Yes I wonder? Since there is only a 250z & no 300z as far as I know

Back when it came out it was designed for the Asian markets

http://www.checkoutreviews.com/new-kawasaki-z-250/

I dont see why they wouldn't though as it is just a few different fairings & lights + speedo

is all I think was changed on the 250 version Z from the Ninja

No engine changes? I thought I read lower torquerband??

heheh well yes of course the 300 engine has changed

But I meant as far as offering a ninja 300 & a Z300

the only difference between Z & Ninja is some cosmetics

I would guess they will since this naked style is very popular here

Ok, I thought the Z model engine had been modified??? thanks for the clarification smile.png i really enjoyed the position of the Z when I tried it

Yes a lot of folks do like it.

The position change you felt was all down to the handlebars as all else is the same afaik

So, I could buy replacement bars for work & change the fairings & in effect get 2 for 1

??

I don't see why not actually

& fairings here are quite cheap

The large sides on the Ninja are 2900 each

Also seat & tail sections are the same already

All you need are front fairing sections,headlight assembly & handlebar assembly

Edited by mania

So, I could buy replacement bars for work & change the fairings & in effect get 2 for 1

??

I don't see why not actually

& fairings here are quite cheap

The large sides on the Ninja are 2900 each

Also seat & tail sections are the same already

All you need are front fairing sections,headlight assembly & handlebar assembly

Or go NAKED!

thanks for the info man :)

Maybe interesting to know what the service manual for the Ninja 300 says in USA about Emission Control Information

Note
The phrase “remove or render inoperative any device or element of design” has been generally interpreted as follows.
1. Tampering does not include the temporary removal or rendering inoperative of devices or elements of design in order to perform maintenance.
2. Tampering could include.
a.Maladjustment of vehicle components such that the emission standards are exceeded.
b.Use of replacement parts or accessories which adversely affect the performance or durability of the motorcycle.
c.Addition of components or accessories that result in the vehicle exceeding the standards.
d.Permanently removing, disconnecting, or rendering inoperative any component or element of design of the emission control systems.
WE RECOMMEND THAT ALL DEALERS OBSERVE THESE PROVISIONS OF FEDERAL LAW, THE VIOLATION OF WHICH IS PUNISHABLE BY CIVIL PENALTIES NOT EXCEEDING $10 000 PER VIOLATION.

Edited by Gomyway

Wonder what the going rate for a used 2012/3 N250 will be.

My guess would be 140k

The problem is as always in Thailand ....These N250's for the most part are not paid for.

The balance due is still high for most Thai owners

If you see any for 140 or less it will be only a dealer who took one in on trade for that.

Just my guess

Give it another year or two though & of course prices will be better.

Still a bit early for 2013 prices to get much lower than that I think.

Of course a falang or rich Thai that paid cash may opt out at a lower sale price

but those will go to friends without advertising.

We will see though & I could be wrong wink.png

mania 1+

Yes for sure & inaccurate. That site seems to be a shill & I have noticed before.

In this article

They try to make it sound as if the 300 has a new frame, body work etc yet it is the 2013 250 with engine mods & abs

A revised steel-tube frame for the Kawasaki Ninja 300 adds extra stiffening to the engine mounts, swingarm pivot and steering head, and contributes quite a portion of the motorcycle's three-kilogram weight increase over the previous entry level Kawasaki.

This writeup is a copy from autocar magazine June 2013 with some minor modifications it seems:

http://autocar.realviewdigital.com/?iid=77631&startpage=page0000077#folio=75

What i like most about these little Kwackers is the availability of service manuals. Thats definitely a big plus imo.

What i like most about these little Kwackers is the availability of service manuals. Thats definitely a big plus imo.

I saw you mention that earlier.

Do you have a link or can PM me? I have the parts manual with all the exploded views & parts numbers which is great.

But a service manual would be nice too.

Do you have a link or can PM me? I have the parts manual with all the exploded views & parts numbers which is great.

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/index.php/220

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/index.php/220

Thanks & yes owners manual & even parts manual the dealer uses I have

But not service/shop manual

Your link is an owners manual

Thanks though

Edited by mania

Some prices for the new 300

Cash price 182,500 + 9850 insurance + 1570 registration = 193,920 Cash out the door

Financed @ 9.5% interest with 15% down for 18 months = 216,038
Financed @ 9.5% interest with 15% down for 48 months = 252,896 blink.png

You get a slightly better deal with 20% down & 9% interest but not by much

20% down 18 months = 213,646

20% down @ 48 months = 246,496

This is why Thai's try to sell for crazy high prices. Because they owe it.

Funny though other Thai's do buy them even used again because many times they can step into the payments

1012213_481013802006877_178873968_n.jpg

Edited by mania

Thanks @mania for the prices update!

Dang! amost 200,000 THB.

That is not really cheap... considering that the 250 is just 150K new and you can get used 250 ninjas for 100-120K

I would never put down 200,000 THB for this 300cc sport bike...

• Like 1

even iam tempted by this ninja i think ill stay with my current line-up. S4R - R6 - DUKE390

HOw is the baby Duke?

Still waiting for it. But all reviews i have been reading are positiv. ATM iam still on a KSR165 in the city.

The Ninja 300 is now showing at Kawasaki CNX. There is an orange one on display, and it looks really hot !

The picture doesnt do it justice, in person it looks absolutely amazing, its actually a shiny metallic burnt orange color.

I asked the sales girl if it had the slipper clutch, she couldnt answer the question and I didn't want to torture her any longer, but in the end she admitted she wasn't sure.

182500 + 1500 out the door (get insurance somewhere else)

• Like 1