Can $ Account

You had better check with the bank on what restrictions there are on drawing your money out of a Foreign Currency account

Based upon posts here at TV, a Foreign Currency account doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you are trying to hedge against a strong baht, the fees for taking your money out are usually higher than what you gain by timing the foreign exchange market

whistling.gif I had a Thai Bank foreign currency (U.S. Dollars) account may years ago.

Easy to deposit money in to but difficult to take money out in anything other than \n Thai Baht.

Don't know what the regulations are like these days, but be VERY SURE you can withdraw funds in foreign currency before you open such an account.

When I had my dollar account, years ago now, there was a lot of forms you had to fill out before you could withdraw foreign currency.

Especially if it was a large amount you wanted to withdraw.

My basic rule was not to deposit any foreign currency into a Thai account UNLESS you were willing to convert it into Baht.

rolleyes.gif

whistling.gif I had a Thai Bank foreign currency (U.S. Dollars) account may years ago.

Easy to deposit money in to but difficult to take money out in anything other than \n Thai Baht.

Don't know what the regulations are like these days, but be VERY SURE you can withdraw funds in foreign currency before you open such an account.

When I had my dollar account, years ago now, there was a lot of forms you had to fill out before you could withdraw foreign currency.

Especially if it was a large amount you wanted to withdraw.

My basic rule was not to deposit any foreign currency into a Thai account UNLESS you were willing to convert it into Baht.

rolleyes.gif

Thanks for this. I wouldn't have met the qualifications required to open a foreign currency account in Thailand, but my wife having dual citizenship and having permanent residence overseas most certainly would of. It was something we were thinking of doing but if she can't keep the currency she deposited into the account, then don't see the point of even bothering with the idea now.