Has the Olde Bell reopened or is there a new one?

elektrified

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree.Rude comes to mind.Still the best of luck.laugh.png

Is he British?

Tony is of UK origin ,but spend most of his life in Australia .The bar ''Andrews'' is immacilate inside and his prices are very reasonable .His current bar lady is also quite a looker .

She is nice looking but would be more attractive (and miles more professional) w/o Tony's hands all over her in the dining room. The place just has the air of a beer girl bar, not the kind of place I'd want to take my family.

• Like 1

She is nice looking but would be more attractive (and miles more professional) w/o Tony's hands all over her in the dining room. The place just has the air of a beer girl bar, not the kind of place I'd want to take my family.

Good ,because i hate kids running around a bar .Aso married ladys are about as useful as a lump of coal in Newcastle ;-)

Good ,because i hate kids running around a bar .Aso married ladys are about as useful as a lump of coal in Newcastle ;-)

If you say so, Tony. ;)

I have absolutely no problem with that kind of place just not where I'd go myself. I just thought it was a family friendly restaurant as there was kids, including the owner's every time I went there. Not sure if you are talking for the other Tony as well but maybe I was right if your the kind of customer they are trying to attract. I also don't think it is appropriate for kids to be in a bar setting.

I have absolutely no problem with that kind of place just not where I'd go myself. I just thought it was a family friendly restaurant as there was kids, including the owner's every time I went there. Not sure if you are talking for the other Tony as well but maybe I was right if your the kind of customer they are trying to attract. I also don't think it is appropriate for kids to be in a bar setting.

I am just standing up for Tony as i have found him to be a friendly host to me .His bar was struggling to get off the ground but seems to be attracting customers now .He put a lot of money into the place ,and i hope he gets a return and stays open .Its my local along with the Bamboo bar .

Edited by anto

I am just standing up for Tony as i have found him to be a friendly host to me .His bar was struggling to get off the ground but seems to be attracting customers now .He put a lot of money into the place ,and i hope he gets a return and stays open .Its my local along with the Bamboo bar .

Do not worry anto.....it sounds as if a couple of people have been thrown out of there...and by the sound of them deserve to have been.

Not sure who your referring to but I just don't return by my own choice. I wish anybody making a go at a business the best and often try to help by giving them my business but not sure how insulting customers who are just trying to support the place makes good business sense

• Like 1

I did sell the sign to Tony (for a bit more than 10 Baht!) and I'm glad its gone to a good home. Can anyone post some directions to Andrew's Bar? I meant to get a card from Tony, but in the melee of closing we both forgot. I'm still feeling very low, great sense of loss - reduced to doing the school run, but went out last night for the first time to The Dog and Bone in Hang Dong, where I found a few guys I knew from The Bell and had a chat. May go out to watch the Lions match later today.

I did sell the sign to Tony (for a bit more than 10 Baht!) and I'm glad its gone to a good home. Can anyone post some directions to Andrew's Bar? I meant to get a card from Tony, but in the melee of closing we both forgot. I'm still feeling very low, great sense of loss - reduced to doing the school run, but went out last night for the first time to The Dog and Bone in Hang Dong, where I found a few guys I knew from The Bell and had a chat. May go out to watch the Lions match later today.

Reduced to doing the school run,,,,,

Make the most of it..you get little enough time with the kids usually so being a taxi mum at least gives you some time with them.

Reduced to doing the school run,,,,,

Make the most of it..you get little enough time with the kids usually so being a taxi mum at least gives you some time with them.

That's true Harrry, It's good to spend some time with the little fella, we've been swimming every day, playing football etc, but the school run is a nightmare. Keeping a publican's hours, we used to go shopping around 11am and got back around 2.30pm so didn't realise quite how frantic Chiang Mai's rush hour has become - especially as my 17 year old has to be dropped off at Varee, whereas my 6 year old's Anubaan is close to the centre of town.

That's andrew's grill and bar. He sells defrosted readymeals fit for a hungry dog. Seriously junk but I know some who like it. PS: If you go there, do not order more than one item because the staff will be confused and will call the owner, who will also be confused. A prepared, printed, notarized proposal of your order is recommended.

2eb8v0m.jpg

cheesy.gif

I'll need to go try it now after that critique biggrin.png

That's andrew's grill and bar. He sells defrosted readymeals fit for a hungry dog. Seriously junk but I know some who like it. PS: If you go there, do not order more than one item because the staff will be confused and will call the owner, who will also be confused. A prepared, printed, notarized proposal of your order is recommended.

2eb8v0m.jpg

cheesy.gif

I'll need to go try it now after that critique biggrin.png

Checking for a flag?

^^ Your obsessed about that flag.......Pedr, what happened to the Saltire? I think Harrry wants it. smile.png

My pet dog needs some more cloth to lie onbiggrin.png

I did try to get a good price for you Pedr but his arms were too short.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

What happened ? has the olde bell on loi kroh road closed ? I'm gunna miss the joint, not to mention the combination roast with garlic bread, what happened ? where's the new venue ?

rgds songhklasidcool.pngcool.pngcool.png

It was the evil Chinese apparently.

• Like 1

I live near by and took this photo today .

IMG_2213.JPG

Indeed that was the sign that I saw. Driving by I didn't see any other signs as the Olde Bell sign is so prominent. Didn't know there were any farang bars in the area. That must be the only one?
Sounds like it might be close to my neighborhood. How do I get to it from the land and house park in San Sai off 1001? I am between second ring road and Mae Jo on 1001. Edited by AgentOkeyDokey

IMG_2213.JPG

Indeed that was the sign that I saw. Driving by I didn't see any other signs as the Olde Bell sign is so prominent. Didn't know there were any farang bars in the area. That must be the only one?
Sounds like it might be close to my neighborhood. How do I get to it from the land and house park in San Sai off 1001? I am between second ring road and Mae Jo on 1001.

Go down to the Mae Rim - Doi Saket Road south of you, turn left (sorry I don't know the number) and proceed on that road in the direction of Doi Saket untill you get to the road where Tesco Lotus mini mart is on the corner to your right. Turn right on that road and proceed a couple of km. The bar is on the left. Can't miss the Old Bell sign. Never been there myself but that is where it is. Let us know if it is any good.

Can anyone post some directions to Andrew's Bar?

Head out of town N/E on the 118 towards Doi Saket. 200m after crossing the middle ring road, turn left at the lights (immediately after sansainoi market). After about 3km, and after moo baan Regent 2, Andrew's is on the right. If you reach the lights you've gone to far - do a u-turn and it's 200m or so on the left.

Head out of town N/E on the 118 towards Doi Saket. 200m after crossing the middle ring road, turn left at the lights (immediately after sansainoi market). After about 3km, and after moo baan Regent 2, Andrew's is on the right. If you reach the lights you've gone to far - do a u-turn and it's 200m or so on the left.

Nice one Taotoo, I'll try to get up there and check it out.

So then would you turn before or after the barking dog and the puddle of water?

IMG_2213.JPG

Sounds like it might be close to my neighborhood. How do I get to it from the land and house park in San Sai off 1001? I am between second ring road and Mae Jo on 1001.

Land and house is past the 3rd ring road ,why did you say the 2nd ? .From Land and House you drive towards the City on the 1001 .At the first set of traffic lights ( where all the road works currently are ) ,you turn left on to the 121 ( outer ring road or 3rd ring road ) .You drive for about 2 km till you get to the next set of traffic lights .( Tesc/Lotus mini mart on your right ) ,and there you turn right . Andrews is down about 200 meters on the left .

IMG_2213.JPG

Go down to the Mae Rim - Doi Saket Road south of you, turn left (sorry I don't know the number) and proceed on that road in the direction of Doi Saket untill you get to the road where Tesco Lotus mini mart is on the corner to your right. Turn right on that road and proceed a couple of km. The bar is on the left. Can't miss the Old Bell sign. Never been there myself but that is where it is. Let us know if it is any good.

Will do

Not sure I understand the question.

Not sure I understand the question.

Any chance of pinpointing the place on Google Maps? I appreciate the attempts of people in this thread to give directions but for someone not intimately familiar with the area they sound like the starting point for a wild goose chase.