Police hunting for axe-wielding maniac in Bangkok's Chom Thong district

webfact

Police hunting for axe-wielding maniac in Chom Thong
By Coconuts Bangkok

a-4.jpg?itok=36zMoen7

BANGKOK: -- Chom Thong Police are hunting for a man who attacked a bus driver with an axe yesterday. Four passengers were injured after jumping out of the vehicle to escape.

The bus driver, 31-year-old Sarawut Mananam, described the culprit as a thin man who stood roughly 180 centimeters and wore a pair of prescription glasses, a black jacket and black jeans. The criminal, who Sarawut picked up at Puttabhucha Temple, started his assault while the bus was traveling on Rama 2 Road.

During the attack Sarawut lost control of the bus and the passengers escaped. Sarawut was rushed to a nearby hospital to get stitches on his head and a skull x-ray.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/07/10/police-hunting-axe-wielding-maniac-chom-thong

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-07-10

There is only one thin bloke that tall in the country wearing glasses that I know of. What the hell was Korn doing on the bus?

thin man who stood roughly 180 centimeters and wore a pair of prescription glasses

Did they think to check if he was standing on a step during the time of the attack.

Yep, that's an axe.

May be an axe to a city boy in Australia, but in the rest of the world it is a hatchet. The photo in post #8 is an axe, the difference being that an axe is made to be used with two hands whereas a hatchet is made to be used with one hand.

• Like 2

Yep, that's an axe.

May be an axe to a city boy in Australia, but in the rest of the world it is a hatchet. The photo in post #8 is an axe, the difference being that an axe is made to be used with two hands whereas a hatchet is made to be used with one hand.

Sometimes also referred to as a tomahawk.

Swords in Taxis

Axes on buses

I feel so out of touch with the moving pace of Thai fashion, can anyone help me ....what is the cutlery of choice to put in my Mu7?

You can keep a bow and some arrows.;)

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Didn't the driver notice someone boarding the bus with an axe? Seems like it would be quite difficult to conceal in one's pocket. These assaults seem to be more and more frequent these days. It's a good thing I prefer driving myself and don't take busses or taxis anymore! All busses should require quality dash-cams and taxis should be required to have one too. This would help reducing these horrible acts since people are less likely to commit crimes and assaults when they know they're being watched.

Yep, that's an axe.

In my part of the World it is called a chopper. Not to be confusd by the less gifted with a todger or a helicopter.

Actually, it looks more like a blocksplitter to me. Reminds me of a previous life when I had a
10 acre "prickle farm" in south east QLD, on the Sunshine Coast.
Used one of those things to split blocks of wood for my wood stove. They were the good ol' days.

• Like 1

Yep, that's an axe.

No - this is a picture of a hatchet. A tomahawk is different. Both very effective weapons as well as useful tools.

Swords in Taxis

Axes on buses

I feel so out of touch with the moving pace of Thai fashion, can anyone help me ....what is the cutlery of choice to put in my Mu7?

Mu7? A pair of chopsticks.
  • Like 2

I carry a "tactical tomahawk" in my car--ostensibly for camping purposes. There's just way more intimidation factor to an axe vs. other things like machetes (there's one of those in my trunk). When I am asked why I carry it, I just say "zombie outbreak", and that is often enough to stop the questions.

Wasn't that a Pink Floyd song? "Careful with that axe Somchai"

• Like 1

Yep, that's an axe.

No - this is a picture of a hatchet. A tomahawk is different. Both very effective weapons as well as useful tools.

Thank you for enlightening me.

The differences are small, I agree.

As you say, both effective.

Swords in Taxis

Axes on buses

Swords in Taxis

Axes on buses

Double barrel 12 bore?

jb1

• Like 1