bbc tv i player

oldgent

...or just use the wonderful, and free, "Hola" add on to Chrome or Firefox browsers. you then get full access to BBC iPlayer and also the American providers "Hulu" and "Netflix" - although Hulu has tons of annoying adverts; Netflix has no adverts but requires a $7.99/month subscription.

Hola rocks!

...or just use the wonderful, and free, "Hola" add on to Chrome or Firefox browsers. you then get full access to BBC iPlayer and also the American providers "Hulu" and "Netflix" - although Hulu has tons of annoying adverts; Netflix has no adverts but requires a $7.99/month subscription.

Hola rocks!

Hola doesn't have BBC anymore.

Hola rocks!

I must be missing something mate. How does Hola rock if it doesn't work with BBC?

There's an add-on for the Google Chrome browser that will do what you want. It's called Media Hint. It's free, it's in the Chrome Web store and it works OK. I've been using it since Hola stopped its BBC support.

DM

Thanks for that. There is also a version of Media Hint for FF that seems to work as well.

i have used Unblock-us for a couple of years now,works perfectly for BBC iPlayer,

also many other sights, its only Can$ 4.95 per month, 7 days free trial

Plus there is UKTV-Asia 5 free UK channels, 13 channels for 490 Bht per month

works good if your computer too slow to stream other sites as server is in BKK.

regards Worgeordie

I agree with all the above, but there is an alternative to using a VPN that makes everything seamless. I run two separate WiFi networks in my house, one native TOT the other is a virtual US network. I started off with a standard VPN service which I installed in the router, but as most of us in the boonies know TOT DSL is, how shall I put this delicately..variable! So the problem with a VPN solution is that you can cut by 50% your already pathetic internet speed. I then discovered 'overplay.net'. They offer a ready neat product called SmartDNS. Its fairly cheap, cost me $49/Year. You activate the service for your IP address then configure your system, be it a separate router like me or your laptop/PC to use two specific DNS addresses. You then have access to pretty much everything. I routinely use; Apple TV, Netflix, HuluPlus, Amazon (all US based), and even though when you activate it I state my Netflix locale as US, it'll happily stream TV from the BBC iplayer. The beauty of this is you don't drop any speed, and you'll get whatever your native ISP is providing you.

I have a 10M TOT connection which is the best they offer here, and it'll happily stream a 720p HD stream, on a good day even 1080.

Hope this helps, happy streaming

I agree with all the above, but there is an alternative to using a VPN that makes everything seamless. I run two separate WiFi networks in my house, one native TOT the other is a virtual US network. I started off with a standard VPN service which I installed in the router, but as most of us in the boonies know TOT DSL is, how shall I put this delicately..variable! So the problem with a VPN solution is that you can cut by 50% your already pathetic internet speed. I then discovered 'overplay.net'. They offer a ready neat product called SmartDNS. Its fairly cheap, cost me $49/Year. You activate the service for your IP address then configure your system, be it a separate router like me or your laptop/PC to use two specific DNS addresses. You then have access to pretty much everything. I routinely use; Apple TV, Netflix, HuluPlus, Amazon (all US based), and even though when you activate it I state my Netflix locale as US, it'll happily stream TV from the BBC iplayer. The beauty of this is you don't drop any speed, and you'll get whatever your native ISP is providing you.

I have a 10M TOT connection which is the best they offer here, and it'll happily stream a 720p HD stream, on a good day even 1080.

Hope this helps, happy streaming

For fellow Americans, dunno about what standalone boxes you Brits have, but if you go the separate router way you can bring/buy Apple TV & Roku boxes let them find the virtual network and you're set