EPL Prediction Competition League predictions for the League

MrRed

Option for EPL Comp additional points  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that is fair do's mate.

The only reason i thought of the idea is it gives even those that fall off with a chance to still be in the competition and still predict....what happens if some start lagging behind is they give up and stop sending the predictions in.

Also as it is a Premier League prediction comp then why not have everybody's final top 4 and bottom 3 predictions involved as well!

Change can be better biggrin.png and the points if all 7 predictions are correct 140 will be deserved and could make a difference like i say if you only get 6 positions correct then you get 10 points a place 60 pionts ..dead simple really and will also keep the banter about the comp going over the season.

Lets be honest the comp could be more interesting with this addition and add to it only.

Can I clarify if this new bit will also apply to the Dosh league?

Pete

Yes mate

Sorry Guys but I am going to drop out as well. My "personal" opinion (and not a direct criticism) is that it seems crazy that someone could "drop out" near the end of the competition yet still win it with their "Lottery" entry.

Seems a shame that this was added AFTER we signed up.

Pete

Absolute nonsense,it is supposed to be a bit of fun mate facepalm.gifIf you are taking it that seriously then how could it be a lottery entry when you have to predict 7 positions correctly to get a decent score,i know it is virtually impossible to do and just ten points for a correct position.... again it is part of the competition and most as you see through the vote think it is an improvement.You will be missed!

This is why we had a democratic vote to add it or not smile.png

Edited by MrRed

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this would happen.

I would personally like to ask Justin and Ken to reconsider and join up again. If I be absolutely honest, I didn't really want a change but agreed as long as we all see how it goes after the first year. If it adds more fun and is worthwhile then fine. I think we need to keep it fresh, just like JockStar did when he introduced the Banker for double points. I think worked well. Hope you reconsider chaps as the addition isn't that much of a change.

Sorry Mr. BJ. I fully respect the vote as being a democratic thing to do. I do NOT think it should have happened after we have entered.

If someone makes the effort to put in entry every week and is leading I think it is unfair that they can be overtaken at the end by someone who kept missing entries.

Predicting the positions might well be "fun" but none the less it makes a Lottery (not mockery tongue.png ) of the competition.

My thoughts - my decision. Thanks for all the good times I have had over the years.

Pete

• Like 1

I would personally like to ask Justin and Ken to reconsider and join up again. If I be absolutely honest, I didn't really want a change but agreed as long as we all see how it goes after the first year. If it adds more fun and is worthwhile then fine. I think we need to keep it fresh, just like JockStar did when he introduced the Banker for double points. I think worked well. Hope you reconsider chaps as the addition isn't that much of a change.

I agree with Mr Bo and hope you guys reconsider. We have been doing it for a number of years now so please reconsider.

As a compromise and not too much additional work for Mr Bo, we could see the normal winner as the leader is shown each week then the Additional Winner adding in the scores for Placings - Just a thought. Its new to us all.

We all do it for fun except for those in the dosh league who just make a contribution to Mr Bo's holiday fund.biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

dont think too much.

My first season too.

just hit the back of the net.

George Best said when he looked at videos of himself playing he didn't recognise himself.

Zidane said he was totally unaware of the crowd when he played.

Alex Ferguson wouldn't give a monkey's about Scottish FA suits.

Sorry Mr. BJ. I fully respect the vote as being a democratic thing to do. I do NOT think it should have happened after we have entered.

If someone makes the effort to put in entry every week and is leading I think it is unfair that they can be overtaken at the end by someone who kept missing entries.

Predicting the positions might well be "fun" but none the less it makes a Lottery (not mockery tongue.png ) of the competition.

My thoughts - my decision. Thanks for all the good times I have had over the years.

Pete

Just to put you right mate it was put forward on the thread that we all put our names down on and well before YOU put your name down,then MrBojangles said that it should go to a vote.........then you added your name down.

What is the difference as and when as long the vote is made well before the comp starts,you don't pay a penny to enter do you.

I think you are being a bit Anal to be honest but i respect your decision. biggrin.png

I agree with Mr Bo and hope you guys reconsider. We have been doing it for a number of years now so please reconsider.

As a compromise and not too much additional work for Mr Bo, we could see the normal winner as the leader is shown each week then the Additional Winner adding in the scores for Placings - Just a thought. Its new to us all.

We all do it for fun except for those in the dosh league who just make a contribution to Mr Bo's holiday fund.biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

Good compromise - I see no need to catapult dummies for such a minor change (which is not really a change under this proposal, simply an addition).

If BIGTOE3's suggestion is adopted then we are back to the original competion with THOSE WHO WANT TO BE INCLUDED IN THE 'EXTRA' PLACINGS GAME listed lower on the page.

I think you would have to extremely petty to exclude yourself on the basis of that amendment.

• Like 1

In my opinion the comp has worked very well over the years but a few have always fallen by the wayside for various reasons.

JustinCredible makes the fair point that its all of our responsibilities to get the predictions in but we want to spice it up a wee bit.

Rather than spit the dummy mate I would like to hear an alternative from you....its not too late for someone to come up with a better idea if all are in agreement.

MrRed offered this suggestion in a positive manner and it would be good if this discussion continued in the same vein.

Let's try to find a common ground where we are all happy please. :)

In my opinion the comp has worked very well over the years but a few have always fallen by the wayside for various reasons.

JustinCredible makes the fair point that its all of our responsibilities to get the predictions in but we want to spice it up a wee bit.

Rather than spit the dummy mate I would like to hear an alternative from you....its not too late for someone to come up with a better idea if all are in agreement.

MrRed offered this suggestion in a positive manner and it would be good if this discussion continued in the same vein.

Let's try to find a common ground where we are all happy please. smile.png

Smokie, the voice of reason ! The cats are barkin' outside my window !tongue.png

Nah Smokes....... So much for a democratic vote...two members spit the dummy out because of something so petty as this ..when it is aimed at being a bit of fun.

Jokers mate.

Count me out.

996_525175687549784_1895683550_n.jpg

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 2

Ah i see things have gone beyond my sitting on the fence approach. :D

In this case I am in favour of tge change wholeheartedly....as said it has been voted upon.

Let those who want to leave do so for whatever reason.

Being one of the "Jokers" who quit, let's try and put this into perspective.

There was a Vote and I accept without reservation that it was a Democratic vote.

I personally think that the "Change" Sucks, so I quit.

I made one mistake in quitting - that was giving a reason for quitting and now...................? Geez, just say goodbye. Just Incredible!!

End of story.

Let's try to find a common ground where we are all happy please. smile.png

Smokie, the voice of reason ! The cats are barkin' outside my window !tongue.png

You mean you can hear my bagpipes over there as well ?xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Come on guys lets all post-4641-1156694083.gif.pagespeed.ce.HF to the game no more post-4641-1156694005.gif.pagespeed.ce.gy or passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi there is no reason for the hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ. or are we justbeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

lets just burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif and get drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif togetherclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

BTbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

Being one of the "Jokers" who quit, let's try and put this into perspective.

There was a Vote and I accept without reservation that it was a Democratic vote.

I personally think that the "Change" Sucks, so I quit.

I made one mistake in quitting - that was giving a reason for quitting and now...................? Geez, just say goodbye. Just Incredible!!

End of story.

You have yet to say anything positive whatsoever....and frankly you offer nothing else to this forum all year long.

I'm simply being honest here....we want to improve the comp....and if you want to be part of it then you are welcome to help....but all I see is a pram with lots of toys flying out of it.

A quote line to introduce a new topic of conversation, or to end a particualarly embarrassing line of talk.

Derived from the old horse operas where action at one point was interrupted to go to the ranch in question; This line being spoken by the narrator in order to assist the hard of thinking. ( A hold over from radio narration style )
A;"Anyway, what do you think of these new fangled proposals to the predictions game on TV?"

B:'They are proper sh1t ,I didn't agree to them at the start & I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste my time & effort to win this thing that means nothing to me ,seriously ,nothing ,no I'm serious ,I'm just not bothered .<deleted> off just delete my account"
(Silence)

A:"Meanwhile, back at the ranch . . . "
Edited by mad mary
  • Like 1

You knew what would happen?

Two don't agree in a democratic vote three including you? get a grip man.

I would also put forward that you should show your predictions every week as you see everybody else's just like Chonobot and Jockstar used to do.wink.png

• Like 1

Lets get this right. People want a change. Then thats fine. Some don't. Also fine. Having a go at someone because they don't agree. Not cool. Bare in mind as this is the football forum and we do let a bit more slide. However there are still rules to follow. Having a go at people because they don't agree with you or name calling wont be tolerated. I personally have been thinking about this new addition. But I'm still not sold on it. I think it should be a stand alone prediction , rather that be added to peoples final score. Personally i think it would be unfair to someone who has done well all through the year but not so good in the league position comp. to be overtaken by someone who maybe hasn't done so well. This is not just for the winner. People like to try and get better every year in their placing in the league. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

I would also put forward that you should show your predictions every week as you see everybody else's just like Chonobot and Jockstar used to do.

Mrbo sends his predictions to me every week. I see no need for him to post them on here.