Chiang Mai Boy Killed By electrified 'Anti-Dog Fence'.

Lite Beer

Chiang Mai Boy Killed By Electrified 'Anti-Dog Fence'

CHIANG MAI : -- Small electrified screen intended to keep dogs away at a residence in Chiang Mai province is said to have been the cause of death for a 11-year old who accidentally touched it when he was playing hide-and-seek with his friends.

Locals in Rakaeng community, Mueang District, were alerted of the incident when friends of the boy, identified as Chatrawarin Chimwaree, could not locate him during their game of hide-and-seek.

The children then searched the area all over the village until they found the boy lying face down on the ground at the residence of Mr. Udom Thairat with pile of vomit next to him. 20x50 cm wire screen covered the corner of the house where the boy was found. The screen was connected to the electricity plug on the wall.

Informed by the children, the boy′s father rushed to help him, and he too was injured by the electrified wire screen. He immediately called the police. When police finally arrived, Chatrawarin was already on his way to hospital with his mother and other relatives.

The doctors failed to revive him, and he was declared dead at hospital.

The owner of the house, Mr. Udom, told the police that he attached the electrical wire screen at the corner of his house to prevent dogs from urinating at his wall.

Police arrested Mr. Udom for further investigation, and charged him for reckless behaviour resulting in a death.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05EWTJNRGN5Tnc9PQ==&sectionid=TURVd01BPT0=

-- KHAOSOD ONLINE 2013-07-24

One is forced to wonder if the home owner had been a falang and the person killed was a burglar.

In essence there is no difference as to who was killed, (in the eyes of a proper legal system), the issue would be held as manslaughter.

Would TV be all grief stricken in those circumstances... ?

Sad for the child and family though.

Sad for the family, he will probably say sorry, give them a few Baht and go home free. Madness.

K. Udom Thairat will also make a donation and spend some time as a monk to resolve his tainted karma, I hope he is fearful of ghosts.

<deleted> are they learning at school?

They learn musical chairs, when the music plays stand up when it stops sit down. that's it not much else till they reach University where they might get taught their times tables and a little bit of spelling. (no joke)

• Like 2

What an idiot!!! Now he's gotta live with the fact that his actions killed a kid until the end of his life! And for what, so the dogs won't piss on his oh so precious wall anymore?! Well done!!!

my neighbor has a wall that is pissed on nightly by much worse -- taxi drivers.

Sadly the same morons eat noodles along thee same wall daily.

I am sure my neighbor would gladly take possession of the fence.

They learn musical chairs, when the music plays stand up when it stops sit down. that's it not much else till they reach University where they might get taught their times tables and a little bit of spelling. (no joke)

No joke, just crap.

• Like 1

Bit extreme to stop dogs pissing on his wall, the outside of it too. Moron!

Sad for the family, he will probably say sorry, give them a few Baht and go home free. Madness.

Despite the sheer obscenity if this incident, you're probably right..

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question, because anyone who's been here(In Thailand) for more than 5 minutes realizes that they learn absolutely nothing in school. I'm considered a genius because I can calculate the change from a transaction at 7-11 in my head while they are still reaching for the calculator. I'm not surprised that someone wouldn't think twice about plugging a fence into the mains. More foreigners need to be aware that death is potentially around every corner when they are holidaying here.

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question, because anyone who's been here(In Thailand) for more than 5 minutes realizes that they learn absolutely nothing in school. I'm considered a genius because I can calculate the change from a transaction at 7-11 in my head while they are still reaching for the calculator. I'm not surprised that someone wouldn't think twice about plugging a fence into the mains. More foreigners need to be aware that death is potentially around every corner when they are holidaying here.

The inevitable Thai bashing has started again. I have a good education but would not expect a fence to have 220 Volts on it.

Furthermore, have you been to a Woolworth or Walmart in the West? The folks in those places usually reach for a calculator as well to figure out how much change to give from 10 Dollars for a 2 Dollar purchase.....

Plugged into the mains? Cretin.

Especially as animal control electrical fencing products are available.

Even a quick study of a book (OOPS - T.I.T.) would give enough information to make a simple shock transformer from common products.

One is forced to wonder if the home owner had been a falang and the person killed was a burglar. In essence there is no difference as to who was killed, (in the eyes of a proper legal system), the issue would be held as manslaughter.Would TV be all grief stricken in those circumstances... ?Sad for the child and family though.

A world of difference between a kid playing hide and seek and a burglar attempting a break in so what's your point?

Anyone, Thai or foreigner, who wires up an electric fence to deter intruders is obviously a moron and can have no complaint of the consequences of their action.

Wiring up to the mains is not manslaughter, it easily has the potential to be fatal so can be classed as murder imo.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app