Non-O Multiple entry - Savannakhet now requires proof of finances?

So those that think you dont need funds just go there and try and when you are refused and waste all that money you will have less than you had before you left LOL

I listened to the advice here but still took proof just in case and I was right to do so I aint going to that crappy place just to be refused.

I did the Savan Vegas thing in June with no problems. When I gave my documents to the person ad the hotel concierge they asked for financials. I did not have them and I said I hear its ok. That was it, and everything is approved. They ask for it because they want to make sure that you wont be denied but it will be fine. I mean you should always have a backup plan like signing for for ED with a school or you could find an accountant to put you on the books and set you up with a work permit/business visa but those options are around 30Kthb.

My experience I posted:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/648404-savannakhet-non-o-multi-approval-no-financials-experience-june-18-2013/

I doubt anything changed though in the past 2 months. I think Savan Vegas has some kind of deal with everyone there because even at the Laos border they have a special lane at Immigration Lao border crossing.

I really dont understand this, waste 30K for an illegal way when it can be done a lot cheaper legally....desperate times desperate measures I suppose especially when there are some saying they have this and have that yet cant even show a few hundred K in the bank

"Im just saying its there for an option, but not all of us are retired expats with a bank load of savings. Some people come here at young ages wanting to freelance online and with no savings you have few options to go with."

It would seem that both illegal working and seeking illegal or questionable means of staying are being discussed.

May I suggest that this is not the best place to discuss such doubtful behaviour ?

I did the Savan Vegas thing in June with no problems. When I gave my documents to the person ad the hotel concierge they asked for financials. I did not have them and I said I hear its ok. That was it, and everything is approved. They ask for it because they want to make sure that you wont be denied but it will be fine. I mean you should always have a backup plan like signing for for ED with a school or you could find an accountant to put you on the books and set you up with a work permit/business visa but those options are around 30Kthb.

My experience I posted:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/648404-savannakhet-non-o-multi-approval-no-financials-experience-june-18-2013/

I doubt anything changed though in the past 2 months. I think Savan Vegas has some kind of deal with everyone there because even at the Laos border they have a special lane at Immigration Lao border crossing.

I really dont understand this, waste 30K for an illegal way when it can be done a lot cheaper legally....desperate times desperate measures I suppose especially when there are some saying they have this and have that yet cant even show a few hundred K in the bank

I am in my 60's so I agree........ but do know people that are under 50, Not married to a Thai, or even want to get married, speak Thai already, do not work or have any need to work.... never a problem before with a yearly '0' but not any more.......The TR Visa is fine as long as they still can keep getting it.

So a yearly Business Visa maybe their best option ? or is that only option for longer term ? or try to keep under the radar and overstay for years ? border runs every 15 days ? or fly every 30 days... it is not easy..

One guy in a Village close still has 3 years to go to 50, but has lived here for 29 years, No he has never worked, Not married, as a teenager learnt Thai easy..

What is so difficult to understand? English language?

It's you who is unclear, you are telling that you asked SAVAN VEGAS but they are not consulate officers and know nothing.

It's at the consulate that we want to know if you asked.

Well i think for many reading English degrades while stayin in Thailand.

This is what i wrote and i will expand on it to make it extra clear.

This is not correct.

I reported a while back (about 6 motnhs ago) that financial proof was needed.

I also wen to savan vegas but went to the consulate in person.

Proof of financials is most of the time not the case but as the officer can ask for whatever they want it does happen.

In my case it was show money in the bank or no visa.

As you can see i said that it was not correct to say that no financial proof is needed. Sometimes it is.

Then i said that i went to Savan Vegas, but, read good i wrote "BUT" went to the consulate in person.

This means i did not use the service from Savan Vegas but i went myself, you know in person, face to face with my passport and papers in hand, all by myself, alone, with a taxi.

Then i explained that officials sometimes ask for extra things, like financials. It happens, i know, because i was there, in person, face to face with the official.

Then i stated that for me it was "show financials or no visa", that means that i was instructed by the officer to produce proof that i have 400k in the bank. I did not ask for it, i did not inquire, i did not call before to get information , i was INSTRUCTED to show proof. So i did and got my visa. I prepared for it.

I can not proof a negative so i don't know if what the officer said, i repeat it. 'Show money or no visa' was really that important and i could ignore it and tell him that i don't need it because it is not on their website.

Clear now?

I used the "visa" package (Don't get confused now, i said package, a package in this case is accomodation, transport, meals etc, and if you just look a little above this text you can read i did not use their visa service, in case you skipped it and read only the last part) from Savan Vegas because it gives you a nice discount. A very good deal. I stayed 2 nights.

Well This doesn't seem to be good news for foreigners and Savannakhet as a community

Just doing some rough figures you think about it

Say the consulate process 50 multi 0 visas a day from people using agents or in person

that is 250 000 baht per day.

Per 5 days that is 1 250 000 (a working week)

Say per 20 days 5 000 000 (an average working month)

5 000 000 baht a month gone

That is quite a loss to the consulate alone and surrounding supporting business in Savannakhet such as near consulate business, agents,guest houses, hotels, restaurants.

i did my multi o in Savannekhet some months ago I am ok until May 2014

Does anyone look at the big picture.

Kirbicus

Edited by Kirbicus

Thank you for your report, CPT. I have added a link to it in the list of Latest Reports Of Getting A Visa In The Region.

...no proof of funds was requested nor did I volunteer one...

You correctly did what is generally recommended when dealing with a consulate or immigration office: submit the documents they have on their list; carry additional documents with you but submit them only if requested.

Not sure if off-topic or not, but I was told yesterday by someone who runs a visa service, that even applying for a Tourist Visa in Savannakhet now requires 200,000 baht in your account.

I'm not sure if this is for people who have previous visas in their passport or for anyone, but this is what I was told.

Not sure if off-topic or not, but I was told yesterday by someone who runs a visa service, that even applying for a Tourist Visa in Savannakhet now requires 200,000 baht in your account.

I'm not sure if this is for people who have previous visas in their passport or for anyone, but this is what I was told.

Sounds like nonsense to me.

Probably some bad information from the visa service or misinformation to charge more.

• 1 month later...

Avery reliable source has just returned from Savannahket and NO funds required for an O-Multy based on marriage.

Just..

Completed Visa Application

two Passport Size Photos

Passport

Copy of Photo Page of Passport

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Original Marriage Certificate

Copy of Wife's Housebook

Copy of Wife's ID

5,000 baht

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I have a question. I got my Non O 1 year multiple entry from Savan Vegas via the Thai consulate back in May. Excellent service! I did my 90 day border run back in August at Savanakhet and am wondering if I have to do my 90 day border run every time, or can I just go to immigration to get the stamp? Has anyone else been doing border runs with their Non-O from Savan Vegas? Please let me know. Thanks :-)

To cpt, thx for the info. I have all documents and copies, my concern is that tabien baan copies, house papers are not signed by wife. Were yours signed?

Sent from my LT15i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You have answers to your questions at the other post you did here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/670823-Visa-Run-Report--Savanakhet-Sept.-19-26,-2013#entry6934889

• 1 month later...

I can also confirm that no financials was required when I applied (and received) my multi Non-O August this year. I had the following documents with me:

• Marriage certificate
  • The paper we got from Amphur when we married. The name escapes my memory now, I think it's Kor ror 2. I didn't go to Amphur to update it, it was the same document we got the day we signed the papers for marriage (a bit more than a year ago).
  • Letter from wife
  • Copies of wife's passport and ID card
  • Relevant passport copies
  • Application

I wrote that off the top of my mind, so it's possible I missed some paper. But the point is that they required the standard paperwork (sans financials).

That was my experience, but TIT, so take it for what it's worth.