Thump Thump music until 7.30 am

I'm very surprised that people on Samui can hear music from a party on Phangan. I live in Baan Tai on KPG, less than 2km from half moon / black moon / shiva moon parties, and I never hear any music.

I understand discussions regarding speaker direction & wind, but surely they do not magnify sound more than 10X? I live just up the road from these parties, and never hear a thing. If sounds from these parties could travel so far (all the way to Samui) surely we, on KPG, would hear the music from The Ark Bar each night.

Maybe the music that Samui residents hear originates in Samui....

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Be surprised.

There is no way that I could identify a tune - it is just the bass going "thump. thump, thump" all night long. No variation in pitch - just in volume depending on the wind. It just hits the back of your head as you try to sleep.

It's not very loud to start with, but they seem to 'crank up the volume' sometime between 3 and 4 am. After that - there is no going back to sleep.

It only works when the wind is from the N or the NE or on a very still night.

The more calm (flat) the water, the further the sound will travel. eg - I can hear almost every firework from Zazen in Maenam and that is probably 7 to 8 kilometers from my place. Nothing inbetween - just water.

I live very close to Chaweng and I never hear a thing from there. Ever. And there is noise there until 6 am almost every night.. No flat water inbetween - just land mass.

I would guess that only those of us living on the NE end of Samui and on a hill or on the beach will hear it. (Plai Laem, Bangrak and maybe Fisherman's Village.)

It is a pain in the buttt but so far, only once a month. The strange thing is that it only started when a hotel in Samui started FMP's here.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The noise is from the new nightclub at BangRak - "Dreamers".

Friends of mine who live close by, in the Secret garden/ Oceans 11 area confirm that the noise is horrendous and come from there.

The sound is directed towards the beach, which would explain why we at Plai Lam are getting the sound. It would also explain

why it is possible to hear shouting which wouldn't be possible if it was from K.P. facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Wow I stand corrected?

I can quite belive that any noise from Dreamers would be horrific, and I really feel for your friends and others in the area. I always thought that it was a dumb place to put a disco.

I would of expected it to be much louder if the noise was from Bangrak.

So, Dreamers holds a BMP and they play loud music until 7.30 am?

Isn't Dreamers open every night?

Totally confused now. I cannot see the locals in Bangrak putting up with loud music until 7.30 am.

I doubt that this will be from Dreamers, the noise that I can hear once a month was already there way before Dreamers opened.

Very unfortunate for your friends that live near by but the thumping that we're discussing is most likely not from Dreamers

I doubt that this will be from Dreamers, the noise that I can hear once a month was already there way before Dreamers opened.

Very unfortunate for your friends that live near by but the thumping that we're discussing is most likely not from Dreamers

If I can hear it up in the hills, I doubt if it's from them.

All I can say is that they live 3 doors away and are complaining like mad! Only happened twice so far since opening but they have had customers check out

because of the noise.

It's coming from somewhere and i guess that they have 1st hand experience of it all!!.

When walking the dogs on the beach on the Eastern side of the Plai Lam peninsula (near the Ang Thon villa)I am convinced that it had to be from Bang Rak/Plai Lam/ Koh Som.or the Big Budddah, seeing as how Koh Som would shield any noise from KP at sea level.

My bets are on Bang Rak.

(Perhaps we should have a TV sponsored outing to Dreamers to check it out, Heh! Heh! ).

• Like 1

Nope, it's from KP imho, the Bang Rak area does not have any loud parties like that anymore.

There's a difference in the thumping of a bass line that we're discussing and a bar next door or 3 doors down the road that's overly loud at night.

All I can say is that they live 3 doors away and are complaining like mad! Only happened twice so far since opening but they have had customers check out

because of the noise.

It's coming from somewhere and i guess that they have 1st hand experience of it all!!.

When walking the dogs on the beach on the Eastern side of the Plai Lam peninsula (near the Ang Thon villa)I am convinced that it had to be from Bang Rak/Plai Lam/ Koh Som.or the Big Budddah, seeing as how Koh Som would shield any noise from KP at sea level.

My bets are on Bang Rak.

(Perhaps we should have a TV sponsored outing to Dreamers to check it out, Heh! Heh! ).

Anyone who lives within a few hundred meters of any boom boom bar has my sympathy.

But seriously - this is full on until the morning. Once a month so far.

Koh Som would shield any noise from KPG except for the tunnel effect of the channel between Koh Som and Six Senses.

That would probably amplify it again.

My neighbour has walked his dog on the beach at Six Sense approx 6 am each morning of the party (Samrong Bay) and he is convinced that it is coming from KPG.

I am not saying that Dreamers is not a problem - but that's not the 'Big One' every month

BTW - been to dreamers - not worth it. Not cheap and definitely for the under 30 brigade.

I can see where Dreamers are going, but in Bangrak???? Not quite the Ibiza scene is it.

but I have to say that I sort of recognise the 'duff, duff, duff' base!

Edited by Tropicalevo

• 4 weeks later...

music and dancing in your 20's is great. meeting new people, great. up all night, great. getting stupid drunk, bad. doing drugs, bad. vandalism, bad. unprotected sex, bad. being an idiot and fighting, bad. disrespecting others, bad..... so it just depends how they celebrate. bars are fun, but the guy staggering around and spilling drinks on someone while throwing up on another is not good....

I think what you heard was probably from Dreamers, they play really loud music. How far do you live from there? I am living a few metres away and Saturday night was again hard to sleep.

They usually have noisy parties on Saturday and sometimes one more time during the week.

Since the wind is coming from west in the recent season you would be affected if you live east from Dreamers.

It sounded as though it came from Koh Som.

How unbelievably selfish some people are.

some people might say you're the one being selfish.. jus' saying

And who might these people be? Society for the deaf perchance?blink.png

No. Society of the stoned & drunk I would say. Just saying mind you.

What a load of crap! Everybody knows that drugs are banned in Thailand. rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Again very loud tonight, but probably other people affected now, since the wind changed.

I think the owners of expensive villas around here should be angry already, its a big risk to their investment. I have heard Dreamers wants to have party every night for the coming high season.

I think the owners of expensive villas around here should be angry already, its a big risk to their investment. I have heard Dreamers wants to have party every night for the coming high season.

buys villa on renowned party island, complains music too loud and blames others for bad investment.. hmmm

due diligence

Edited by garydubbs

When people buy villas / homes / units especially in a residential area, they do not expect to have a venue pumping music all night outside the legal hours.

Party island? Really? Geeez I must be missing something here, don't you have a specified entertainment zone? I think you haven't done your due diligence there.

• Like 1

When people buy villas / homes / units especially in a residential area, they do not expect to have a venue pumping music all night outside the legal hours.

Party island? Really? Geeez I must be missing something here, don't you have a specified entertainment zone? I think you haven't done your due diligence there.

well i did actually do my due diligence and bought a house in hua hin a few months back. now i sleep like a baby. northeast samui was much too noisy for me and it was pretty obvious after 10+ years of lake, clucb and all night parties that standing around outside waving my zoning map about wasn't going to get anyone to turn it down, legal or otherwise. samui has always been a world renowned party destination and is unlikely to change anytime soon, but as i said feel free to blame everyone else, no one forced you to live there.

^ coffee1.gif

So sad that people come to Samui and only stay in Chawang....then try to give the whole island a bad name.... it's not a party island for the most part ....sad.png there are so many quiet places around the island ... same goes for Koh Phangan too..it's not all Haad Rin beach with FMPs... rolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

I Totally agree with Samuijimmy above. Samui has so many lovely quiet areas, as does Koh Phangan. These Islands are not characterised by their small party zones. Life here, in Baan Tai KPG, remains quiet and relaxed. We never hear the various parties, and are never disturbed by Dreamers Disco in Bangrak Samui. Just cicadas and frogs :it's lovely!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1