This Takes The Biscuit.

klubex99

Best to let the wife and MIL sort this out thai style. But here is something else to consider. It sounds like he is farming on a number of property with absent owners. Imagine the look on all these absent land owners when they get a tax bill for land that is being used for farming when they thought it was dormant

It is ten year when the land title has a chanot.

Quiz question, how long does a squatter need to use your land on other land titles?

Probably not long. If I remember correctly, when upgrading from Nor Sor Sam Gor to Chanot you have to announce for 1 month (I think) to make sure no one lodges a claim on the land and disputes boundary / ownership etc

IHMO.. Give the squatter the two options; (1) evacuate the land immediately receiving 25% of the harvest. (2) Bring in the harvest himself and receive 50% of it.

Get him to sign a contract like this: "I, Farmer x, agree to do (1) or (2). Further; that as long as I leave the land after performing this contract, that no legal action will be brought against me.

If he will not sign any contract, then you must evict him.

**edit: If, after eviction, he claims unfair practices - i.e loss of his lost rice - then offer 25% of the harvest.

I think this is fair.

Edited by RandomSand

Yep, and with nor sor sam and nor sor sam gor it takes only 1 year for the squatter to get the land.

This explains something that had me puzzled for awhile. I kept thinking of the 10 year rule.

I've been told stories and shown land towards the southern Laos border where red shirt supporters had set up camp. I was told they then claim the land and sell it.