Asara Resort

TheAceFace

Thinking of surprising the family and taking them for 3 nights in Hua Hin.....looking at the above resort.

Can you good folk of Hua Hin give some feedback on the resort, is it nice and chilled out, got a good deal on deluxe pool villa.

Is it close to the town center?

Can you suggest things to do for the kids in Hua Hin,,,,,its a long time since I last went there.

Thanks in advance.

Ace

I have stayed at Asara and the last time it was amazing. I had a pool villa which was basically a 1 bedroom villa ( living room & bedroom), a huge shower and toilet inside and a nice outdoor shower. Also had a nice little plunge pool.

Breakfast (I confess I love my food) was also something special. The range was extremely comprehensive and the quality was first class. They have a few different places to eat from classy restaurant to pool bar.

I caught a Songtau (pickup) into town from the main road in front to town was not far at all. I think only 5 or 10 minutes.

This place has won many travel awards from the plaques I saw at reception and really with the standard of the place showed it deserved it.

I hope this helps but I also have heard similar comments about Asara from others.

Good luck and let us know if you go there and give us an update!

Edited by mcyachty

Perfect Mcyachty

Just what I was looking for, have booked the room and will surprise the wife and kids when I get back from work, looks nice on the website, but nothing better than peoples opinions, thanks mate.

Plan to go beginning of Oct so will update after that. Booked for 3 nights.

Any ideas on attractions for the kids or places of interest?

Cheers

Ace

For the kids there is a pretty nice water park at the Black Mountain golf complex. There are two (fake) floating markets, Cicada Market on weekends and Plearn Wan replica of an old Thai market town. These mostly draw and are aimed at Thai tourists from Bangkok but may be interesting for you and your family. Lots of sporting activities from freshwater fishing farms and day long boat tours down the coast to Sam Roi Yod National Park to kite surfing, horseback riding, archery, lawn bowls, off road 4 wheeling. There is an old Teak palace on the beach between Hua Hin and Cha-Am that is of interest if you enjoy Thai history.

You'll find a plethora of good restaurants here of all types and in all price ranges, a couple of interesting night markets and of course Hua Hin is known for it's fresh seafood. There is a main mall with a theater (usually Thai language only, with English subtitles), a bowling alley, restaurants and all kinds of other shopping. Then further afield there is the new Venezia shopping and restaurant complex between Hua Hin and Cha-Am that is supposed to be a replica of Venice with canals and gondolas (I have not been there yet).

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1