Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

I dont think that would be ok. The info is for participants. Why would u like to do that? It might be distorted too.

I actually believe that education, any education, should be free. The end goal of all of this (ie our lives) is to make this world a better place and leave it in a healthier condition than how we received it (ie how it was when we were born, to how it was when we die).

So have a look around your classroom....and keep an eye on the "guy" taking many notes.

And I think that food and transportation should be free, therefore I'm going to steal everything that I can at the Rimping and bring it along in my carjacked BMW to feed my classmates at the Whalen Financial Symposium.

Then what you would be doing would be illegal and you should be sent to jail. What rct is wanting to do is NOT illegal

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So have a look around your classroom....and keep an eye on the "guy" taking many notes.

I have no problems with participants taking notes and asking questions, or giving their opinions. It is a friendly seminar for people who want to learn, I do not intend to fight with anybody.

I dont think that would be ok. The info is for participants. Why would u like to do that? It might be distorted too.

I actually believe that education, any education, should be free. The end goal of all of this (ie our lives) is to make this world a better place and leave it in a healthier condition than how we received it (ie how it was when we were born, to how it was when we die).

And I think that food and transportation should be free, therefore I'm going to steal everything that I can at the Rimping and bring it along in my carjacked BMW to feed my classmates at the Whalen Financial Symposium.

Then what you would be doing would be illegal and you should be sent to jail. What rct is wanting to do is NOT illegal

Depends what he did with the "notes" he took at the class. Publishing a transcript of the class may in fact be illegal.

Edited by AngelsLariat

I may review the issues of interns and basically offer this opportunity only to those who we are reasonably sure would make some valuable contribution to our school. I can see your point of view. Their work would have to be good enough to justify expenses on our side for arranging legal employment, all the work permit paperwork, tax and insurance. In Thailand you cannot be a foreign intern without a work permit if some of the haters here did not get that point yet. Being ignorant is bliss, isn't it?

Edited by MacWalen

Depends what he did with the "notes" he took at the class. Publishing a transcript of the class may in fact be illegal.

That would depend on the contract the person has to sign, the contract that no one can see.

Are you sure about that? In Thailand intellectual property is poorly protected, but would it really be legal (for example) to enroll in a course at a Thai university and then publish a detailed transcript of the course?

It would be a slave labour if somebody was forced to work, nobody is forced to work. It is people's choice.

Minimum wage in Thailand is 300 baht per day.. Many workers would work for only 200 baht per day, none of them would be forced to work, and it would be the workers' choice whether to take it or not. But perhaps minimum wage law does not apply to schools.

Edited by AngelsLariat

It would be a slave labour if somebody was forced to work, nobody is forced to work. It is people's choice.

Minimum wage in Thailand is 300 baht per day.. Many workers would work for only 200 baht per day, none of them would be forced to work, and it would be the workers' choice whether to take it or not. But perhaps minimum wage law does not apply to schools.

Angels, we talk about interns here.

It is slave labor to have a person PAY to work for NOTHING.

It's slave labour to FORCE a person to work for nothing. People who work for nothing of their own volition are volunteers...

I think in all my years as a member I've never seen so much nonsense, irrelevance, venom, and trolling in a thread here at TV. Wish the mods would crack down on these idiots. In fact the thread really should be closed. Everything of substance has been said.

• Like 1

I think in all my years as a member I've never seen so much nonsense, irrelevance, venom, and trolling in a thread here at TV. Wish the mods would crack down on these idiots. In fact the thread really should be closed. Everything of substance has been said.

Did I miss something, which post were you referring to (apart from mine)?

• Like 1

Nothing of substance has been said or provided? Other than “ trust me “ermm.gif

Bitch, bitch, bitch

Bitch, bitch, bitch

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not an intellectual answer for sure rolleyes.gif . Have read this thread with stuff from both sides. Now, l want to see the contract that scholars must sign from the OP. Really simple stuff AND will answer many questions. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Bitch, bitch, bitch

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not an intellectual answer for sure rolleyes.gif . Have read this thread with stuff from both sides. Now, l want to see the contract that scholars must sign from the OP. Really simple stuff AND will answer many questions. thumbsup.gif

" Bitch, bitch, bitch " .......... yes indeed......very " scholarly "

I wonder if they will say this in the seminar, if someone asks a question that is too hard? Or maybe they will simply be forcefully removed by the bouncers

• Like 1

Having read the op from the beginning and reading the posts.

I am quite amused by most posts.

The guy is offering some advise for a small sum of money, good grief, most of us on here spend that on a night out.

If you don't like it, just ignore it and don't bother to go. I personally give the guy some credit as he is actually trying to do something (call it what you wish, its up to you and not compulsory for all TV members to attend).

Hats off Mr MW for having a go at progression, I trust your skin is thick Mr Mac.

At least he is trying to do something open, not an under counter "oh really Matron" kind of thing.

Really what do you have to lose other than the fee?

Sad lot you are.

The guy is offering some advise for a small sum of money, good grief, most of us on here spend that on a night out.

If you don't like it, just ignore it and don't bother to go. I personally give the guy some credit as he is actually trying to do something (call it what you wish, its up to you and not compulsory for all TV members to attend).

Hats off Mr MW for having a go at progression, I trust your skin is thick Mr Mac.

At least he is trying to do something open, not an under counter "oh really Matron" kind of thing.

Sad lot you are.

Have you sent your 60 quid ?

Sad lot you are.

I'm not arguing your main points, or suggesting MacWalen is anything other than honest, but this logic has made a lot of people rich. There's thousands of courses and "schemes" for sale on the internet in search of the "what have you got to lose other than a measly x number of dollars" donations.

In Thailand 3000 baht is 10 days of hard work at the minimum wage.

Exactly, it's a ''farang'' money earner. Would be interested to know if Thai folk have been notified of this money earner.

Sad lot you are.

If 3000 baht is so meaningless to you I think you would have so much more satisfaction to give 100 baht to 30 people you see around the place that look down and out. Why just give it away to MacWalen who has reminded several times he's already got enough?

And many people have simply requested information which hasn't been forthcoming. What is wrong asking for information ?

Edited by Asiantravel

Walen

Here is how to quiet your critics.

1. Start a new thread and call it Walen's stock picks.

2. Post each share purchase your propose stating the buy price, time and date of purchase. Of course this post must be made on the same day and shortly after you claim to have made the trade.

3. Post each share sale you propose stating the sell price, time and date of sale. Of course this post must also be made on the same day and shortly after you claim to have made the trade.

4. Post a weekly summary of your profit and loss.

If you show real results trading the SET then the enrollments will follow. If you don't then...I guess it is back to peddling loop hole visas...

Edited by Phronesis

Phronesis, you have missed totally the point of the school. I teach how to invest, students make their own investment decisions, I posted school's portfolio in this thread but you probably just opened the thread and went to the last post without reading previous comments? I guess that is what you have done otherwise you would have noticed that there is an example of the schools portfolio with the current status. Actually a few examples.

Also I really do not care about my critics, they will criticise no matter what I do, that must be the most annoying part for them. I know what I am doing and those who are interested have a choice. They can learn investing and get rich, or perhaps learn trading and in most cases lose money. The choice is theirs. Thanks for contributing.

Edited by MacWalen
  • Like 1