12th train derailment today: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the over loaded truck scam, where trucks could buy a 3 day 'license' from the Highway police that ensured they would not be weighed.

Perhaps there's similar happening.

Same thing probably goes on with the vehicles emitting obscene amounts of exhaust smoke. Goes for buses and trucks that drive every goddamn day. No way they would pass a yearly emission test without failing.

A disgrace, nothing less.

I am officially scared of all means of transportation in Thailand. Until this year at least I had the trains.

buses are not to proper specs and are top heavy

vans have madmen at the wheel

taxis will beat you for a nickel

motortaxis have you hanging on for dear life

now trains are tipping over.........w00t.gif

p.s. boats are known to crash/sink

Buffaloes ?

These old clapped out trains and carriages would not normally derail, unless the wheels came off. The rails and foundations are the problem, Nobody is walking/checking, the lines on a daily basis, If you have staff they must either be asleep, not enough to cope, or no money to repair.

If I was head of railways and fully responsible and request money for urgent repairs-and denied that, I would resign rather than carry on and take the crap from all and sundry.

This surely cannot be the case, BUT I just wonder if monies were allocated and ended up somewhere else, after all it has been known.

My guess is that it's bodge up and run.

I am officially scared of all means of transportation in Thailand. Until this year at least I had the trains.

buses are not to proper specs and are top heavy

vans have madmen at the wheel

taxis will beat you for a nickel

motortaxis have you hanging on for dear life

now trains are tipping over.........w00t.gif

p.s. boats are known to crash/sink

I just checked outside and the sky was falling! Oops, my mistake it was only an aircraft crashing ...

Edited by MaxYakov

Statement from SRT: This not our fault! The wind change direction, very sudden! The train fall over, we can not predict!

No one thought of this, I wonder if villagers washing got caught up in the wheels-tangled and it derailed ???

But you could picture it if a train not scheduled came through when all the washing was across the line . Years ago our slow train stopped to let the people collect in the clothes.

HI ALL:

Trains come off the tracks all the time, everywhere 24/7. Here ,we/they build train tracks on loose subsoil with some base (rocks and clay) thrown in sometimes. Thailand is not all hard rock sub-base, a lot of it is a shifting mass like permafrost. If you want a good railroad here you must drive piles under every railroad tie...good luck with that one!!!!! it will run you into so much debt that a good train ride here will cost you 10 bux a klick, if you want great trains go somewhere else....having said that, the trains could be much better than the shit they are...engineering challenges are no excuse!!

cheers from civil engineers......go on! rip me a new one :>)

• Like 2

The headline is a bit misleading, it looked to me as 12 trains derailed today.

It must be your hair mate. Getting in your eyes.

In English to satisfy your comprehension it would read

12th train derailed today.

That's English for you. Very precise.

• Like 2

Could these derailments be due to some shifting, some stretching, of the earth itself?  In which case, not due to human failure.

Apply to SRT right now for a job as you're sure to get one with an idea like that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app