New Years Eve functions in Hua Hin area.

AliasJohn

I live in Issan and my family and friends from Oz and I, will be in Hua Hin for new years eve. Not being a local I don't know of any places having a new years eve diner and somewhere to enjoy the countdown. Any advice on a nice venue for dinner would be appreciated.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I'm not sure too many places have announced their functions for that period yet, as forward planning here does tend to be left a little late! However in previous years most of the major hotels, as well as some smaller ones and restaurants do put on New Year's Eve Dinners, although the hotels tend to insist that you stay there and it is included in a rather hefty price for the rooms during that period. There are however plenty of restaurants that will be good locations where you will have a view of the normal fireworks display and other celebrations on the beach. There is also normally other countdown parties in other locations such as Market Village as well. Your best bet though would be to contact the major hotels (in Hua Hin there are the Hilton, Sofitel/Centara, Intercontinental, Putharacsa and a couple of others that are beach side) both to find out if they are having a special night and whether it does require you to book a room, as well of course as the prices. They may well be already booked up as the world and it's wife come to Hua Hin around that time. If you aren't bothered about being right in the heart of Hua Hin you could also try some of the hotels to the north on the way to Cha Am (Anantara, The Dusit, Springfield resort and The Regent for example) or to the south in and around Khao Takiab (Sailom, Ibis, Anantasila, Amari, Hyatt). All the ones I have named are on the beach. Good luck in finding something suitable.