Need video editing help

brucetefl

Hi! I am making a lot of short videos these days, things like music videos and short TV programs. We use an iMac and Final Cut Pro X. The work my in house guys do is... adequate. Its minimually professional. I would like somehting more. Higher production value (maybe using After Effects).

Does anyone know where I could find some help with this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of giving the "finished" working file to someone who could then make it more interesting.

But where to find this person?

Thoughts?

There is a professional studio that produces TV commercials and other video presentations called FILM FACTORY that has extensive in house video editing facilities. I have no idea if they would be interested in doing the kind of work you want done. If they did, it would probably be quite expensive.

Even though it is likely that you would not end up using their services, they might be a good place to start and they might be able to refer you to a freelance professional who would be more suitable.

They are located on Sukhumvit Soi 99, one km down to the very end. BANG CHAK BTS (next stop after On Nut) If you take exit#3, Soi 99 is located at the base of the stairway to the street.

Edited by dddave

Seek out any of the post production companies in Bangkok, like the already mentioned Film Factory, or The Post Bangkok, Siam Studio, Oriental Post, Spiceshop, Technicolor, and many many others; a Google search should yield results of companies that are in your vicinity.

But a word of warning: You also need to be prepared to pay a "professional" fee for professionally executed after effects...

An alternative would be to find a freelancer. Have a look at this profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=13582956&authType=name&authToken=r5pT&goback=&trk=abook_conn

I know Anand personally and he's an excellent offline editor. If you contact him, you can mention my name (Thomas Schmid) and he should be in the picture.

• 2 months later...

Hi Bruce,

perhaps I am your man. Here is my last web reel /

/ and you can find some other stuff (single productions by my own) on my channel.
I have passed the the documentary class in Prague, moreover I will finish Sociology studies in February 2014.
At the moment I run my small a/v productions company where I make my money with different image clips. Moreover I can send you an link to 32min travel reportage form an organic hotel i did this summer - should be online in 2 weeks.
As I have already signed some contracts for this winter - so I could come over to you for a 3 week period. Then we can have a look if we continue working together starting May. Also in Mach & April I could come over for a 2 or 3 week period if the first trip was successful!

I am working for small projects in FCPX and do big projects with adobe & aftereffects - sound is mixed in logic pro. I own a Sony Alpha 99 dslr (Zeiss lenses & NX HXR5 and other equipment like dedolights, glide cam, Cineslider or pocket jib - perfect equipment for a small team - I can bring with me. Even my iMac with the software.

I am not the ae-professional at the moment, but i know all basic and solve most problems easily.

Not the technic or the budget makes the best stories. The story and character is most important for an successful productions

SO looking forward to hear something about your work in thailand and perhaps we climb the next steps togethers

Sincerly Hannes

As an Austrian I speak german. Have beside English also some Spanish and Italian skills for those who visit asia it should be more than enough!