Phuket jet-ski operator attacks Israeli tourists

webfact

I seem to remember something about these things having compulsory insurance....or was it a dream?

Very interesting point. Owning and operating a vehicle of any sort carries the requirement to have it insured. That should be the very first point made, and/or policies should be reviewed and proper notice given to customers renting; "Be advised that these rented vehicles do not carry any insurance coverage, and the renter is liable for all damage to the vehicle; either pre-existing damage, or damage done during the rental period."

Again; excellent point! Why are the police and the Phuket government allowing uninsured vehicles to be used in a business?

I cannot help but think enough negative things about the Thai mentality and Thai mind that justifies the way they pollute the term "existence" at certain times like this.

With repect to Insurance, I think the RENTER not the OWNER that has to pay the insurance, there have been many inferences to this on the forum. Coect me if I am wrong, I am neutral because as another poster said: I hate the damn things, screaming around mesing up my Sunday hangover naps................

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand why people keep hiring these jet skis ....

TAT...Tourist.Authority.of.Thailand...needs.to.make.a.little.(or.not.so.little!).booklet.for.tourists:"Be.Careful.in.Thailand!"

Of.course,it.would.scare.people.off...There.are.getting.to.be.just.too.many.things.to.be.on.guard.for.here.

AND,of.course,TAT.could.and.would.never.do.such.a.thing.....

Thus,no.warning.for.tourists.about.jet-ski.rentals....Who.is.going.to.warn.them?

(please.excuse.my.keyboard,which.is.lacking.a.space.key.thus.the.excessive.use.of.periods.(period))

A Hotel in Phuket tried this, handing out flyers to the German tourists last year, their front foyer was fire bombed three times that week with Coca Cola Gas Bombs..............of course, no areests were made.whistling.gif

Two years ago I saw two Kata beach para-glider operators attack a tourist. The tourist was complaining about the shortness of his ride and the operators just started attacking him. It was like a mini kung <deleted> movie with jumping screaming a few air kicks...I was amazed at the whole incident. After a little pushing the tourist eventually walked away.

It appears that this attacking tourists on phuket is not isolated to just the jet ski industry.

Edited by mdmayes

I am just trying to picture the scene....argumentative accusative jerk meets argumentative denial jerk. One then appreciates the occasional bar signs in Koh Phangan that say "No Israelis".

Yeah. It's so easy to fall into racist stereotypes, innit?

And in some cases it's more difficult to accept other culture's behaviour.

• Like 1

Jet skis operate much differently than propeller powered boats. There is a lag in the response to the steering control. The uninitiated often corrects their slow to respond directional effort with a countermand ing measure. It results in loss of control and many times a collision. I think the operators probably count on this characteristic to collect outrageous repair fees from the unsuspecting.

Why doesn't a hotel chain on the beach contract to a legitimate sea sports outfit with proper equipment, instruction and insurance to offer the experience? Could the Jet Ski Association (read mafia) be the obstacle? Pattaya seems to have a lot of similar experiences with jet skis. Go Cha am!

• Like 1

TAT...Tourist.Authority.of.Thailand...needs.to.make.a.little.(or.not.so.little!).booklet.for.tourists:"Be.Careful.in.Thailand!"

Of.course,it.would.scare.people.off...There.are.getting.to.be.just.too.many.things.to.be.on.guard.for.here.

Thus,no.warning.for.tourists.about.jet-ski.rentals....Who.is.going.to.warn.them?

(please.excuse.my.keyboard,which.is.lacking.a.space.key.thus.the.excessive.use.of.periods.(period))

A Hotel in Phuket tried this, handing out flyers to the German tourists last year, their front foyer was fire bombed three times that week with Coca Cola Gas Bombs..............of course, no areests were made.Posted Image

Looking forward to a link or other newsreport of this event you mention.

I've rented jet-skis a few times (in Thailand and elsewhere) and I've never figured out how you could damage the things except by ramming into someone else on a jet-ski while going at a good clip. They even have a rubber protection strip around them so bumping up against a dock (if you're renting at a lake) does no damage. I know the Phuket incidents are mostly scams, but they would seem to have less 'basis in reality' than most...

I seem to remember something about these things having compulsory insurance....or was it a dream?

Very interesting point. Owning and operating a vehicle of any sort carries the requirement to have it insured. That should be the very first point made, and/or policies should be reviewed and proper notice given to customers renting; "Be advised that these rented vehicles do not carry any insurance coverage, and the renter is liable for all damage to the vehicle; either pre-existing damage, or damage done during the rental period."

Again; excellent point! Why are the police and the Phuket government allowing uninsured vehicles to be used in a business?

I cannot help but think enough negative things about the Thai mentality and Thai mind that justifies the way they pollute the term "existence" at certain times like this.

I don't know of any car rental company in the world that provides the driver with insurance at no charge. However, they will sell it to you. Again, I don't know why you would make this a Thailand only situation.

Good point, but is it relative to what I am describing? I do not know, because there are so many policies out there, and even on Thailand's best days, anything they sell to you that you can't see beyond the paperwork is dubious.

What I meant is that, for example, anyone can drive my car and the car is insured. If you get banged up, you are on your own, but I can have my car repaired back to factory OEM. That's here, in Thailand by the way. Furthermore, there have been a couple times when I had a ding or two and it was fixed; no questions asked.

Hence, considering (in my opinion) the level of danger and high certainty of wear and tear on these jet-skies, it only seems clear that there should be that kind of insurance that these scumbags can buy (and cannot avoid pending a business closure or the monkey house)...or, that the worthless, lazy wind-bags in parliament can enforce on the insurance companies to afford this kind of insurance all in the interest of "good intentions" to provide a fun and safe activity to foreign visitors in Phuket.

But here's the thing. I am talking sense, and Thais seem to not have any sense simply because they are so far advanced in their state of mental corruption that there is no room for sense in their endeavor to crap on absolutely any straw of opportunity that comes their way; and within a very short span of time they have destroyed that opportunity for the sake of a hand full of money. Everything in their path is fallow. Need proof? Read the news.

Cracking down on anything and everything a hundred times in a year? A fallow path in their wake!

Securing billions to modernize the education crowd control system? A fallow path in their wake!

Improving the well being of women, children and the gay community? A fallow path in their wake!

Becoming the hub of everything to the world, galaxy universe and almighty gods? A fallow path in their wake!

Being a good example in religion, politics, law enforcement, parenting? A fallow path in their wake!

And on and on and on... fallow. Suck the life blood out of everything they get their hands on (grants, loans, etc.) and keep that blood and cast the husks away or let opportunity and the human minds out their lie and rot.

For a country that appears on the surface to be cosmopolitan, the media continuously carries stories from top to bottom and bottom to top of events that remind one of more torn nations around the world. It makes me wonder what Thailand would become in ten years if all foreign investment and expats and tourists were to pull out now.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

The renter was an infidel and to make matters worse he was a Jew. This is the obligation of many of those who run Phuket beach businesses. It would have been lovely if some other infidels would have ganged up on those guys and kicked the shit out of them. Phuket will never change.

Unfortunately, kicking the shit out of them is not the answer.... Sure the Thai dude is a scammer, but worse, he disgraces his country, his people and his family. And just like those that write iffy comments and get jail time, so should these people who act alone (alone being anyone involved in the scam) to disgrace Thailand. After the first few dozen get long jail times for being such a disgrace, I am sure that "face saving" and the thought of spending the next few long years, eating, sleeping, showering, shitting with other scammers will be deterrent enough.

But I am a dreamer and the reality is that issues like this are a cancer and can only be stopped by severe treatment or death of its host....

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 1

They deserve to be beaten because they destroy the peace and tranquility of the beach and it makes it very dangerous for swimmers.I hate jetskis and I hope any more tourists who are foolish enough to use them will be beaten as well. Better yet I hope they fall off and get eaten by a shark.

I have rented every year in Cha-am .never had a problem it seems just Phuket get this even the jetski owners in cha-am call them wan*ers

Must admit I wouldnt rent anything in phuket even if it has tits!

Could have more than tits?

To stay on topic, there is no denial of damage to the jet ski.

I hire jet skis 3 or 4 times a year in Jomtien and find the various owners exceptionally helpful.

Perhaps a Thai wife helps and tourists are just for...

Edited by Bpuumike

They deserve to be beaten because they destroy the peace and tranquility of the beach and it makes it very dangerous for swimmers.I hate jetskis and I hope any more tourists who are foolish enough to use them will be beaten as well. Better yet I hope they fall off and get eaten by a shark.

But tell us how you really feel...

• Like 2

Typical of 60% of the Thai male scum that work or opwerate in Tourist resorts.Without the tourists this thug does not realize he would be sitting in some rice field just to to eat and survive. Also very brave to attack someone with a pole. Again typical pf Thai males who have neverb been known forth their bravery over the yaers

• Like 2

Is this a new low? beating a 66 year old with a stick?

He shouldn't be bailed, ridiculous.

They should take this opportunity to demonstrate that they are serious about cleaning up these scum by jailing this <deleted> for at least five years; and whilst we're on the subject, why is such grievous bodily harm not a criminal offence in Thailand?

As this guy is out on bail, there is no motivation for him not to do exactly the same to someone else, and if he walks free after this, what happens to the much talked about effort aimed at improving Phuket as a tourist destination...?

My last trip to Phuket was over five years ago now, and I don't ever plan to go back there. I firmly believe that everyone else who has the option should also vote with their feet and leave the place and the local people to suffer the consequences of their actions.

• Like 1

Is this a new low? beating a 66 year old with a stick?

He shouldn't be bailed, ridiculous.

Thailand is known for its dodgy stories with jet skies.... I warn all tourist and friends and make it my conversation that it's a racket in Thailand where both the rouges and police benefit. Why does not the tourist department do anything? Why does not the police setup a booth to check boats ? Aren't these boats covered with insurances? The why is silent because they all profit from it. Wait till the Chinese and the Russians bash their heads! Stupid rogues!!!

A great Idea .. Start with 3 Quick " DONTS "

1. Dont Hire a Jet Ski

2. Dont attend full moon Parties

3. Avoid Taxis ..But Never do Tuk Tuk's

The above will solve 70% of the problems .

That's 2 "Don'ts" and 1 "Avoid." Am assuming you did mean "Don't" NOT "Dont" or "DONTS."

Grammar , Slang and process of Communication Change over time ..The Only thing that matters is that the Communication is Understood .

Same in any Language , writing is a way of communicating a View .

Therefore , I meant DONT .

I take point 4 however mentioned about Scooters , Plus if you are going to Ride ( anyway ) , Maybe a little research and a Helment may help .

Well you can't just damage peoples jet skis and expect not to compensate them. There was no denial of damage on the Israelis part.

There was no comment from the Israeli's Israelis full stop

There was no statement or implication in the article that the Israelis denied they damaged the jet ski whether or not in fact the jet ski was damaged.

People are very quick to rush to judgement of the Thai. Clearly he must have been very angry about something.

I took the liberty of correcting your damaged grammar. No charge for that.

If the israelis not denying it what are they quarelling for??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The Israelis refusal to pay compensation.