2013 Thailand Flood Updates - Maps, reports, local updates.

cdnvic

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks -- any idea how often this is updated? I can't find the data anywhere on it.

You have to zoom in to get any details, but according to the map there is no flooding in the northeast

Heres an alternative site to the offical Thai government site...

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=14.88000011&lon=103.50000000&zoom=8&pin=Surin%2c%20Thailand&type=hyb&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=1&sat.num=1&sat.spd=25&sat.opa=85&sat.gtt1=109&sat.gtt2=108&sat.type=IR4&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

It looks like Chiang Mai is about in the center of the path. Tommorow should be wet.

The Storm Tracking feature on the Met Offce website shows this now as a Low Pressure Area travelling almost due west and centred south of Chiang Mai but it's hard to gauge distances as the map is basic.

I live in Udon Thani about 10 km out of town, it's been raining all night and although there's a lot of surface water in my area I can't see any flooding as yet.

I have to go into town later and will report anything of value.

Best Wishes and the Very Best of Luck to those who are really copping it.

No rain yet in Nong Bua Daeng district, Chaiyaphum Province today, but I posted this in another thread yesterday

'A update on the Chaiyaphum floods, I took a risk & rode into Chaiyaphum on my' Cruising' bike today (as I can't fit shopping on my Trials bike) from Nong Bua Daeng, a 50 Km trip, didn't hit water until 3 Km outside of Chypm, about 0.5m deep, in the centre however near the bus station was impassable for me at about 1m deep, & the main roundabout with the Statue in the middle & then onto the Nakhon Ratchasima road,(where Big C, Makros & Global House are) was barely passable at about 0.75m. Everywher passable in a pick up I'd say but you'd definately struggle in a Car in places... Hope this helps someone..'

• Like 1

flood risk information/flow rate

http://floodinfo.rid.go.th/index_en.html

Wow, a government run site that actually uses the web to its full potential, is easy to navigate and is adequately translated in English also. Bravo. This is a brilliant! Thank you!

Wow WHAT?? Just tried it and keeps saying NO INFO AVAILABLE ... Pffffffffffffffff !!

• Like 2

Took some Thai friends who were back in LOS from UK (never been to CM before ) for a visit up to Doi Sutep and the Hmong Village but had to entice them out of my rented van.

It was pzzing down,cold ,wet and miserable. with even the surrounding mountains lost in a squally haze....and the power went ...

I just felt like I was back "ome again in N.London.

Later on in a nice local ranahan near Chiang Puk they began to thaw out and with a lot of conversation and food said it was great.

Afterwards a late visit to our local SKP Hot Springs for foot massages with follow up tootsi dipping in the hot waters plus yet another nosh stop made them promise to return to CM....one day.......Its Cool.....but...OK

• Like 1

20 kliks east of CM, central Mae Onn, no wind, bright sunny sky, some big cumulus scudding in from the east. Prolly the leading edge of the wet & windy but sofar, lovely evening (4.53 PM)

20 kliks east of CM, central Mae Onn, no wind, bright sunny sky, some big cumulus scudding in from the east. Prolly the leading edge of the wet & windy but sofar, lovely evening (4.53 PM)

40 Klics east of CM and it was nice until 5-30 pm.....then it started raining again.

Installing some external lights so got caught out...just switched the power back on so all working OK......but Je suis rather wet......

must change for dinner...