Twenty-four hour residence notification

I know the hotels and guesthouses are required to make this notification but I am wondering how many HOMEOWNERS do it when their guests or spouses arrive to stay in the village??

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

My wife always reports visitors (non-Thai)since she was fined for not reporting my stay at our own house.

yeah, i was warned last year that we should start reporting because things are getting tighter. do you go all the way to immigration or just use the local police station? i was also warned that if i was on a tourist visa and got a 60 day extension , at day 91 that would put me over the 90 days reporting requirement and i had better report to immigration.

First extension of stay is regarded as a 90 day report, so the 60 day extension would not mean that you need to do a 90 day report.

Regarding reporting of address:

- owner of the house can report yor presence at the local police station (if they know what to do with the form)

- you yourself have t report to the local immigraiton office (ask if you can do it by registered mail if it is far, with self addressed envelope and relevant copies of passport and arrival card)

First extension of stay is regarded as a 90 day report, so the 60 day extension would not mean that you need to do a 90 day report.

Regarding reporting of address:

- owner of the house can report yor presence at the local police station (if they know what to do with the form)

- you yourself have t report to the local immigraiton office (ask if you can do it by registered mail if it is far, with self addressed envelope and relevant copies of passport and arrival card)

but they state that the report must take place no earlier than the 90 th day. the extension takes place on the 60 th or earlier day. so youre saying the alien has to get to an immigration office within 24 hours of arriving in his village no matter how far away that might be??

90 day reporting is something different from reporting your stay. Both must be done.

i know that. and they say 90 day must be done no earlier than 90 minus 15 days. as to the reporting your stay, are you saying that a guy has to get to an immigration office within 24 hours of arriving in his village??

He said there is no address report required if you extend a tourist visa as that extension acts as an address report - first TM.47 report would be due 90 days after the extension request (which for a 60 day extension would not happen as you would have to leave before that date). The window for 90 day address reports is from 15 days before until 7 days after 90 day date.

The other reports, homeowner and travel are much less often done and for move would only be expected for those on extensions of stay and normally not time critical if done at next 90 day report time. Normally reporting is done by hotels. For home owner most Thai know nothing of this requirement and immigration normally only point it out if in the course of other actions, such as requesting a residence report or now at some locations for new extensions.

He said there is no address report required if you extend a tourist visa as that extension acts as an address report - first TM.47 report would be due 90 days after the extension request (which for a 60 day extension would not happen as you would have to leave before that date). The window for 90 day address reports is from 15 days before until 7 days after 90 day date.
The other reports, homeowner and travel are much less often done and for move would only be expected for those on extensions of stay and normally not time critical if done at next 90 day report time. Normally reporting is done by hotels. For home owner most Thai know nothing of this requirement and immigration normally only point it out if in the course of other actions, such as requesting a residence report or now at some locations for new extensions.

ah, great, then ill be okay when i apply for my extension! but you did see the guy above that claims his wife was fined for not informing of his presence in the home??

The according law for the 24 h reporting is in place since 1979 but didn't got enforced until short.

As now the computers are really connected they will start to look after it more and more.

I have been to a presentation by Udon Thani immigration and they offered to use to use the hotel online reporting interface.

So as I just moved to a new rented house then I made the reporting and registered the 2 bed hotel "Happy Derk" and now I can do the reporting without molesting my landlady.

Bye,

Derk

Yes a fine can be made but normally is not and it is only substantial for hotels/public accommodations (and even they often try to avoid). In some cases it was likely recorded at first marriage extension of stay if home register of spouse was your address.

My wife always reports visitors (non-Thai)since she was fined for not reporting my stay at our own house.

yeah, i was warned last year that we should start reporting because things are getting tighter. do you go all the way to immigration or just use the local police station? i was also warned that if i was on a tourist visa and got a 60 day extension , at day 91 that would put me over the 90 days reporting requirement and i had better report to immigration.

The wife mails it to immigration and a receipt comes back in a week or so. She keeps the receipt in case anyone asks for it. I also reported my move even though it was just across the Soi to our new house. I also mail in my 90 reports 15 days before the reprot date on my last report receipt.

I am staying for the last 8 years i never reported this kind of notification any how i stayed only a month with children and go back to my work and come back every 4 months a period of 20 days

my question my wife also should notify my stay any advice appriciated

I am in Buayai Nakhonrat Chasima

immigration Korat

The wife mails it to immigration and a receipt comes back in a week or so. She keeps the receipt in case anyone asks for it. I also reported my move even though it was just across the Soi to our new house. I also mail in my 90 reports 15 days before the reprot date on my last report receipt.

there is a form for your wife to fill out and another one for you. do you mail them both to immigration??

I am staying for the last 8 years i never reported this kind of notification any how i stayed only a month with children and go back to my work and come back every 4 months a period of 20 days

immigration Korat

According to the law your wife should report your arrivals but as has been said here earlier in this thread most immigration offices are strict about this only with hotels and guest houses, not private owners who get visited by their spouses. If your wife wants to start submitting this report, the form TM.30 can be downloaded here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/16-tm30-notification-form-for-house-master-owner-or-the-possessor-of-the-residence-where-aliens-have-stay/

immigration Korat

According to the law your wife should report your arrivals but as has been said here earlier in this thread most immigration offices are strict about this only with hotels and guest houses, not private owners who get visited by their spouses. If your wife wants to start submitting this report, the form TM.30 can be downloaded here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/16-tm30-notification-form-for-house-master-owner-or-the-possessor-of-the-residence-where-aliens-have-stay/

there are two forms, one for the wife and one for the alien. and our provincial immigration office has warned me that they will be getting more strict about this in the future.I guess as their computer systems get more sophisticated, they will be better able to keep track of who has reported and who has not and will be able to levy fines accordingly.

It would help if you gave the from numbers so that the readers may know which type of reports you are talking about.

The title of this topic is "Twenty-four hour residence notification", which, frankly speaking, meant absolutely nothing to me, but from the context of the opening post I was able to deduce that it is about the "Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay", which is made with the form TM.30. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only notification which the house master, the owner or the possessor of the residence has to make about the foreigner's arrival.

It would help if you gave the from numbers so that the readers may know which type of reports you are talking about.

The title of this topic is "Twenty-four hour residence notification", which, frankly speaking, meant absolutely nothing to me, but from the context of the opening post I was able to deduce that it is about the "Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay", which is made with the form TM.30. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only notification which the house master, the owner or the possessor of the residence has to make about the foreigner's arrival.

but the foreigner is also required to report;

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm28.pdf

thongsuknork, who visits Thailand every four months for a period of 20 days, has to make no address report other than fill out the arrival card and hand it over to immigration officer on arrival.

i dont see why there was any need to deduce anything as the OP actually included the regulation with that title.

thongsuknork, who visits Thailand every four months for a period of 20 days, has to make no address report other than fill out the arrival card and hand it over to immigration officer on arrival.

then im assuming he isnt an alien as aliens are apparently required to report when they will be in a province for more than 24 hours

i dont see why there was any need to deduce anything as the OP actually included the regulation with that title.

Which part of the topic title is the name of a regulation, and where on the the Internet can I find that regulation, please?

Which part of the topic title is the name of a regulation, and where on the the Internet can I find that regulation, please?

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

the regulation was mentioned in the post. no need to deduce anything.

Edited by AYJAYDEE

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

the regulation was mentioned in the post. no need to deduce anything.

That link is for the registration process that businesses are supposed to do.