What is required for renewing work permit?

What is required from a Thai company to renew the work permit of a foreign (European) employee?

This would be the first renewal of a first 1-year work permit that expires.

Is the same paper work required as with the first application or less for the renewal?

Any answers appreciated!

Required in my area (HKT):

Existing WP, plus:

1) WP5 renewal form, filled out - attached below.

2) Certificate of employment, filled out - attached to TT5 below below.

3) PND 1 and receipt (most recent company monthly tax payment listing names of employees).

4) Latest PND 91 and receipt.

5) Latest Company Social Insurance Payment Receipt plus payment application form listing names of employees.

6) PND 50/51 - Annual and Six Monthly Company Tax returns and receipts.

7) Recent Company registration papers.

8) Latest Company Audited Accounts.

9) Hand drawn map showing company location.

10) Copies of recent company contracts.

11) Health check including VDHS Blood Check.

12) Any Marriage certificate/children's birth certificates.

13) Depending on company activities - TAT membership, professional membership proof of current registration/payment of fees, certification for engineers and architects employed in the company and other ocupation reserved for Thais.

14) Copy of WP.

15) Copy of current visa/extension and Passport ID page.

Edited by digitalchromakey

Thanks for the replies so far! Very helpful.

It's for application in BKK.

I was afraid I might have to do the medical certificate again, spending the better part of half a day at a public hospital.

The fee is only THB 1,500 right? (My employer will pay).

Go to Sukhumvit 11 and turn left at cheap charlies. There is a clinic there that did my certificate in 10 minutes, I think it was 500 Baht.

And that was accepted for application for renewal?

Yes, you can go to any clinic. 500 baht is a bit much if you ask me. Most clinics are much cheaper in my experience. You certainly don't need to go any hospital. It's just SOP in Thailand to get these silly certificates. The last one I got for my renewal didn't even check my blood pressure! I could stand; therefore, I was fit to work. As a teacher, a test for tertiary syphilis is required, so the blood check bumps the price up a few baht. I don't think the clinic I go to actually checks the blood. They simply take it to charge more money. A blind person could see if you had tertiary syphilis .... With the blood test, mine ran around 300 baht if my memory serves me correctly. It took me 10 minutes. My work permit and visa were both renewed on Monday of this week.

Go to Sukhumvit 11 and turn left at cheap charlies. There is a clinic there that did my certificate in 10 minutes, I think it was 500 Baht.

And that was accepted for application for renewal?

Yes, you can go to any clinic. 500 baht is a bit much if you ask me. Most clinics are much cheaper in my experience. You certainly don't need to go any hospital. It's just SOP in Thailand to get these silly certificates. The last one I got for my renewal didn't even check my blood pressure! I could stand; therefore, I was fit to work. As a teacher, a test for tertiary syphilis is required, so the blood check bumps the price up a few baht. I don't think the clinic I go to actually checks the blood. They simply take it to charge more money. A blind person could see if you had tertiary syphilis .... With the blood test, mine ran around 300 baht if my memory serves me correctly. It took me 10 minutes. My work permit and visa were both renewed on Monday of this week.

The Syphilis test is once again required for all renewals, not just for teachers. Seems someone in the government owns stock in the company that makes the test kit.

Existing WP, plus:

3) PND 1 and receipt (most recent company monthly tax payment listing names of employees).

5) Latest Company Social Insurance Payment Receipt plus payment application form listing names of employees.

13) Depending on company activities - TAT membership, professional membership proof of current registration/payment of fees, certification for engineers and architects employed in the company and other ocupation reserved for Thais.

14) Copy of WP.

Existing WP, plus:

14) Copy of WP.

Having trouble locating the Government office for Work Permit renewal in Bangkok. Is there more than one government office.

So basically, for renewal of work permit, the only thing required from a medical aspect is:

"Medical certificate showing that the applicant is not insane or mentally sick, suffer from Leprosy,
Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Alcoholism, Elephantitus and Tertiary Syphilis( lssued within the Last six
months)."

?

And this can be obtained in Sukhumvit 11 within 10 minutes?

If you are just entending the present Work Permit, there are just a few pages of paperwork, I don't think you need new photos, but may need a new medical certificate. The forms for renewal are included in the W.P. application package.

They have insisted on new pictures for me every year for the past 6 years. No reusing of old/same pics. They want new ones each and every time.

If you are just entending the present Work Permit, there are just a few pages of paperwork, I don't think you need new photos, but may need a new medical certificate. The forms for renewal are included in the W.P. application package.

They have insisted on new pictures for me every year for the past 6 years. No reusing of old/same pics. They want new ones each and every time.

Why do your labour dept require photos of you for a TT5 WP renewal?

Where is your local labour dept?

The Blue TT4 booklet photo remains unchanged at renewal, just new validity period dates are added along with the authorisation stamp/signature.

Or are they issuing you with a new Blue book each year (change of contract/employer for example)?

Edited by digitalchromakey

Why do your labour dept require photos of you for a TT5 WP renewal?

Where is your local labour dept?

The Blue TT4 booklet photo remains unchanged at renewal, just new validity period dates are added along with the authorisation stamp/signature.

Or are they issuing you with a new Blue book each year (change of contract/employer for example)?

Apologies, ignore my post. I mixed up Extension of Stay and WP. The Extension is the one they always insist on new pics.

Just to let readers know: I went there today and I got it pretty much within 10 minutes at Baht 400.

That's Baht 150 for the blood test and Baht 250 for the medical certificate.

The doctor checked with his stethoscope but he was moving around so fast I doubt you

can call it a thorough check.

The clinic is actually called Sukhumvit 11 Clinic.

Whether the certificate will be accepted also for work permit renewal, I will confirm later.

Having trouble locating the Government office for Work Permit renewal in Bangkok. Is there more than one government office.

Nope, only one... Look for the mass concentration of Chalerm billboards... Once there, you're not far away!

Mitrmitree Rd. ,Din Deang District, Bangkok is the general area address... On the second floor turn right as you come up the first flight of stairs...

Same place you went to get your initial WP, just choose a different ticket from the machine on the right.

• 3 months later...

And where is a certificate of employment obtained? Who gives this to you? Is it a form from the DOE?

PDN- 91 is this obtained from the DBD ?

Certificate of Employment - Pro Forma to be filled out by the employer comes with WP application forms.

PND 91 is your Annual Personal Tax Return - you/your acountant/employer fills it out showing incomes, tax paid, etc.

You file it before March with the local tax dept, pay any excess taxes owing and get a receipt (even if zero THB was due to be paid).

Keep a copy of the PND 91 form together with the receipt as this is formal evidence of your tax paid/income in the previous tax year.

Tax Dept not DBD will send the PND 91 papers/form to your private address in January every year.