England Vs Poland

angsta

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe ITV 1 is one of the UKTV demo channels. Just download and install their player then watch for free.

http://www.uk-tv.asia/trial_buy.php

When I've watched a couple of EPL/Champions League(?) matches on Thailand's CH7 recently the commentary has been in English.

+1 - I would expect a better than evens chance that the commentary would be in English on Ch7. It doesn't much bother me if I have to watch a game with no sound or Thai sound though. Sometimes the commentators are more irritating than they are worth.

I believe ITV 1 is one of the UKTV demo channels. Just download and install their player then watch for free.

When I've watched a couple of EPL/Champions League(?) matches on Thailand's CH7 recently the commentary has been in English.

+1 - I would expect a better than evens chance that the commentary would be in English on Ch7. It doesn't much bother me if I have to watch a game with no sound or Thai sound though. Sometimes the commentators are more irritating than they are worth.

Couldn't agree more............I don't know if the option is still available because I've been in Thailand for several years but in the early days of football on Sky Sports there was an audio option where you could hear the crowd, and therefore the atmosphere within the ground, but minus all of the commentary. That was always my favorite when watching.

They have caught on to this. They are changing the channels everyday. So no ITV on days that have football. Also no BBC 1 on Saturday for things like Football Focus or Match of the Day.

I think it's on Ch 7 so no England comms but its on ITV in the UK so use Hola and you'll have no worries (with a decent connection)

What is Hola? Any link?

Its a site unblocker, google hola.org and install it. Then go through its site access page to itv.com and you can watch it live, I've just tested it, watching the inane early morning "news" programme now...

The football commentary on ITV was always worth turning the sound down for when they had England games.

As for the after show...sweet lord. It made the early version of Star spots with Shevy 'clueless but who are you' Singh and Steve 'you do realise I once played for Liverpool and therefore my opinion is worth more than yours' McMahon look in some way acceptable.

I loved the strained look on Craig Burleigh's face when an (American) co-commentator on football on Fox Sports News Channel said:

"Now Craig, you've told me before that even though you are a Scot you believe that England belong in a World Cup finals, that's true isn't it"?

Burleigh went puce thinking about whether he was going to be let back over the border then issued a strained and strange confirmatory whimper, remembering that his nicely paid ego-stroking job is reliant on being nice about English football. Loved it - I like to think that the Yank set him uplaugh.png

I loved the strained look on Craig Burleigh's face when an (American) co-commentator on football on Fox Sports News Channel said:

"Now Craig, you've told me before that even though you are a Scot you believe that England belong in a World Cup finals, that's true isn't it"?

Burleigh went puce thinking about whether he was going to be let back over the border then issued a strained and strange confirmatory whimper, remembering that his nicely paid ego-stroking job is reliant on being nice about English football. Loved it - I like to think that the Yank set him uplaugh.png

The Yanks are good at that. At times funny, but more often than not just annoying.thumbsup.gif

You mean the V average ex-Chelsea I guess midfield type player but he wasn't much of one.

Let's hope so.

Burleigh went puce thinking about whether he was going to be let back over the border then issued a strained and strange confirmatory whimper, remembering that his nicely paid ego-stroking job is reliant on being nice about English football. Loved it - I like to think that the Yank set him upPosted Image

The Yanks are good at that. At times funny, but more often than not just annoying.Posted Image

Its your round jellybean! :P

The Yanks are good at that. At times funny, but more often than not just annoying.thumbsup.gif

Its your round jellybean! tongue.png

I'm saving up my tuppence. BTW, what is a tuppence ?smile.png

BTW, what is a tuppence ?smile.png

Two Pence. Said quickly and with certain dialects becomes tuppence.

BTW. Where is Zabba?

Has my avatar changed ?

Yeah. I'm seeing some guy with a ciggie hanging out of his mouth.

Strange that. I did change the avatar but I am still seeing Zabba ! facepalm.gif

The guy is a long dead writer, Julio Cortazar.

They have caught on to this. They are changing the channels everyday. So no ITV on days that have football. Also no BBC 1 on Saturday for things like Football Focus or Match of the Day.

You could of course pay UKTV 490 Baht month (or less) and get all 15 channels.