New government health insurance for foreigners - info for TV members in the Central region

Sheryl

Sheryl, if you can reduce the above to 10 relevant sentences in English and simultaneously into 55 sentences in Thai (so that even Hospital-Administators) can derive some clue out of it, then we may be on our way.

Until then, regardless what brainstorm originates from Bangkok (and make it as complicated as possible), the local Hospital Staff in the sticks will let you die of a nosebleed, because they can simply not interpret those complicated "new-rulings" from far away Bangkok

Until such rulings are understandable to Thai Medical-Staff, unless the Farang pays upfront The diagnosis will be: May Loo, Mai Day,

Cheers.

There is a Thai language directive from the MoH, you will find a link to it in the Health forum thread. Some TV members found it useful to print out and bring with them, others found no need at all as the hospitals already aware (and these were upcountry hospitals).

Many hospitals "in the sticks" have issued this card.

I would suggest you first try asking and then, if they seem unaware, bring along a copy of the directive and see how that goes.

A German expat friend is already in possession of said card and has used it on numerous occasions with recent health issues,he is situated in Phetchabun not far from Lom Sak.

So it does appear to be happening,mistakenly or not.

There is much confusion from the local hospital as fellow expats have tried to obtain this card on the knowledge that this guy already has one without luck as yet.

That said he did live and previously work in Thailand for some years prior to retiring,paying taxes and being in the system so to speak wether this had any advantage who knows.

A German expat friend is already in possession of said card and has used it on numerous occasions with recent health issues,he is situated in Phetchabun not far from Lom Sak.

There is much confusion from the local hospital as fellow expats have tried to obtain this card on the knowledge that this guy already has one without luck as yet.

That said he did live and previously work in Thailand for some years prior to retiring,paying taxes and being in the system so to speak wether this had any advantage who knows.

Which hospital in Petchabun did your friend get the card at? And are you sure it is this new insurance scheme and not SS? He would have had SS while employed and it can be maintained upon retirement as long as one keeps up the premiums.

And which local hospital is it that people have had trouble getting cards? (I'm keeping a list).

Thanks

Which hospital in Petchabun did your friend get the card at? And are you sure it is this new insurance scheme and not SS? He would have had SS while employed and it can be maintained upon retirement as long as one keeps up the premiums.

And which local hospital is it that people have had trouble getting cards? (I'm keeping a list).

Thanks

I will let you know the details once I return home from offshore in a day or two and speak to him,

Cheers

Stoneyboy.

There is a Thai language directive from the MoH, you will find a link to it in the Health forum thread. Some TV members found it useful to print out and bring with them, others found no need at all as the hospitals already aware (and these were upcountry hospitals).

I would suggest you first try asking and then, if they seem unaware, bring along a copy of the directive and see how that goes.

Would like to get this MoH link. But concerning this topic, there are already 270 posts in the health forum and I don't really want to read through all of them to find it. Can you give the link here ? Please.

Thanks & Cheers.

Would like to get this MoH link. But concerning this topic, there are already 270 posts in the health forum and I don't really want to read through all of them to find it. Can you give the link here ? Please.

Thanks & Cheers.

It is in post #86. I'd put it here if I could but as you will see it is not shown in a manner that can be copied and pasted.

My wife is ratchakan (government officer), so it is all free to me!

Hooray for you. Some of are not so fortunate and are trying not to bleed out financially because of health problems that come with old age. This could be a real boon to those of us who do not qualify under their own country's system for care in LOS and cannot buy commercial insurance here.

Thanks

I've spoken to my friend and he obtained his card sometime ago from Lom Sak hospital,but he tells me any time he uses it he has to get an accompanying letter from the same hospital.

For example he has a hospital appointment at Phetchabun hospital next month but must obtain said letter from Lom Sak first,he has had treatment in Phitsanulok govt hospital also and has never had to pay.

The other guys I spoke to said they got knocked back at Lom Sak hospital,they are all on a yellow tabien bahn and stay on retirement visas.

The guy with the card as I said before paid the maximum SS monthly payments all the time he was working here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I try to get the card yesterday in Phichit, but I did not succeed, they sayd it was only for nabouring countrys (Laos,Cambodja and Myanmar)

while my girlfriend asked it in the same hospital 2 weeks ago and then they sayd I could get one.

I try to get the card yesterday in Phichit, but I did not succeed, they sayd it was only for nabouring countrys (Laos,Cambodja and Myanmar)

while my girlfriend asked it in the same hospital 2 weeks ago and then they sayd I could get one

Thanks

I've spoken to my friend and he obtained his card sometime ago from Lom Sak hospital,but he tells me any time he uses it he has to get an accompanying letter from the same hospital.

For example he has a hospital appointment at Phetchabun hospital next month but must obtain said letter from Lom Sak first,he has had treatment in Phitsanulok govt hospital also and has never had to pay.

The other guys I spoke to said they got knocked back at Lom Sak hospital,they are all on a yellow tabien bahn and stay on retirement visas.

The guy with the card as I said before paid the maximum SS monthly payments all the time he was working here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app