Which vpn to use to download torrents?

expatsupreme

there is no such thing as a good vpn for torrents. first they can effectively up to halve your connection speed, secondly most vpn companies would rather you didnt eat their bandwith any more than your isp.

get a seedbox, jpin a private tracker and use multi threaded ftp to download at your max speed once it is on the box.

this way your isp is happy because it is pure download and you dont clog their upload channels, you are happy because you can max out your connection bringing the torrents down to your local machine.

i find seedboxes out of evoswitch in the netherlands have some of the best peering to thailand. anything out of france, not so good.

Why not just download the torrent direct ?

because of traffic shaping and throttling.

also no need to keep your computer on to seed, which is the point of torenting.

as well with a seedbox you can use a private tracker and easily maintain a decent ratio.

essentially with my seedbox, i can get a 6gb movie onto the seedbox in about 5 minutes and download using multi threaded ftp in about a half hour to 45 minutes.

or i can be watching a 720 rip of a tv show in about 15 mins total. so i can pick something to watch, make popcorn and there it is.

it is faster more dependable, immune to traffic shaping and throttling, and does not clog your local connection with continual uploads.

There are a lot of good, inexpensive, local (Thai) seedbox providers. Simply Google "Thailand Seedbox Colo", or have a sniff around some Thai social/tech forums.

The advantage of a local seedbox is that when you FTP from the seedbox to your PC it is intra-Thailand. And the disadvantage is that torrents may be seeded from outside of Thailand.

Note that many Thai private Torrent trackers are affiliated with Seedbox providers so you can typically get stuff in minutes, I average 48 Mbps (6 MBps) down on my Thai seedbox, and then wire-speed when I FTP.

There are a lot of good, inexpensive, local (Thai) seedbox providers. Simply Google "Thailand Seedbox Colo", or have a sniff around some Thai social/tech forums.

The advantage of a local seedbox is that when you FTP from the seedbox to your PC it is intra-Thailand. And the disadvantage is that torrents may be seeded from outside of Thailand.

Note that many Thai private Torrent trackers are affiliated with Seedbox providers so you can typically get stuff in minutes, I average 48 Mbps (6 MBps) down on my Thai seedbox, and then wire-speed when I FTP.

How much does it start from?

Also, what about international bandwidth? Is it possible to download non-Thai content?

as well with a seedbox you can use a private tracker and easily maintain a decent ratio.

essentially with my seedbox, i can get a 6gb movie onto the seedbox in about 5 minutes and download using multi threaded ftp in about a half hour to 45 minutes.

or i can be watching a 720 rip of a tv show in about 15 mins total. so i can pick something to watch, make popcorn and there it is.

it is faster more dependable, immune to traffic shaping and throttling, and does not clog your local connection with continual uploads.

but does it give you anonymity when surfing the web and sending emails?

but does it give you anonymity when surfing the web and sending emails?

My seedbox at Feral allows VPN access via the seedbox machine, so yes, it can provide anonymity.

• 10 months later...