What Wheels And Tyres

HDRIDER

Hi Again

Just bought a Chevy Colorado 4wd, I would like to get bigger wheels on it, but how big should I go, I don’t want to get to low profile tyres on, I want the comfort as well (I know I cant have all but )

There must be many people out there, there have done it, at least terdsak_12 should know. Thanks guys

Hi Again

Just bought a Chevy Colorado 4wd, I would like to get bigger wheels on it, but how big should I go, I don’t want to get to low profile tyres on, I want the comfort as well (I know I cant have all but )

There must be many people out there, there have done it, at least terdsak_12 should know. Thanks guys

congrats on the car. i personally think the colorado looks good with bigger tyres rather than bigger wheels... aka a big set of BF Goodrich All Terrains... the truck to me is more of a 'man's' truck, an off roader of sorts (not literally), and all of the good-looking colorados i've seen are usually set up maybe with a few inches of lift and a big set of BFs with that nice big white lettering. The big wheels/'rims' seem to go with the vigo/fortuner crowd. Just my opinion tho...

either way, you can set up 20" wheels and tires and still have a comfortable ride no doubt... but please don't put 20" wheels on it if the colorado has drum brakes in the rear... it just looks terrible to see big shiny 'pimp'-y wheels with drum brakes in the shadows ( or little civic disc brakes for that matter)... If you get the bigger wheels, upgrade your brakes too. No need to go Brembo or anything, just some big rotors will look much nicer. again, just my opinion (i suppose i should say have a professional do it, you don't want rear brakes that are overpowering your front brakes, etc.)

Thx teej

Maybe that’s the way to go, I really don’t know yet, and yes it have drum brakes back, I went to Pattaya yesterday to pick it up and now I am back in Phuket, nice ride back, I like it already, Thanks again