90 day reporting question

I have a work permit and have lived here for many years. Sometimes I get a bit slack on my 90 day reporting. Since my last extension of stay, I kinda forgot to report for almost a year. Last month I traveled out of the country and have recently arrived back. If i go to report for the 90 days will i be fined for not reporting before or is that now null and void since I left the country recently? In other words is my 90 days reset as I left the country? or will I still be held accountable for not reporting in the past?

I didn't do reports for six years while I was teaching. When I quit and applied for a retirement extension I was truthful with the officer fully expecting to be fined. She gave me a new report date with the warning "don't let it happen again" but no fine. I guess that it's a case by case basis and depends on the mood of who you talk to. In my case it was a small office where the same people did it all, not big like Bangkok with different sections.

If Immigration notice the discrepancy you may well be fined.

Bangkok immigration have often noticed the discrepancy while receiving my 1 year extension of stay. After stamping my passport for another year, they would often then tell me to go over to the 90 reporting section to pay my fine. I didn't go and simply walked out happy with my renewal. However, I would like to stay on top of it this time, so back to my original question. If i go to report for the 90 days will i be fined for not reporting before or is that now null and void since I left the country recently?

When I went in for my marriage extension they went though my passport with a fine tooth comb. I was told then that they were looking for passed overstays. When I went in for the 90 day with the required paperwork, they didn't even look at the paperwork or look at my passport. just took out the old 90 day slip and put in a new one.

If they check their records and notice that you have not made reports before making trips out of country they could still fine you. I suggest you have 2000 baht handy as a just in case measure.

Are you aware that you could be making the reports by mail. See: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

If they check their records and notice that you have not made reports before making trips out of country they could still fine you. I suggest you have 2000 baht handy as a just in case measure.

Are you aware that you could be making the reports by mail. See: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Thanks for you reply. I notice on the link you posted that at the very bottom it states:

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters the day count starts at 1 in every case.

So perhaps it is reset, and simply don't show them my old 90days slip and just show my new arrival card?

@bunnydrops: I didn't overstay, I just didn't report.

Did my 90 day report on Monday and always with Mondays it was very busy. However I did notice the ladies where constantly retuning forms for the slightest errors such as 'room number/' and 'apartment or house?'. Never seen them so thorough before....seems like a crackdown.

The clock for 90 days restarts when you enter the country again and you most likely get away with it...for now. However one day they may wish to scrutinize your passport and records more closley such as happened to me when I presented a new passport to have the stamps put in it. They went thru everything with a fine tooth comb, found a problem, which I still dont know what to this day, but it ended up involving everybody in the Pathum Thani office to check alongside there calenders. No fault of mine it turned out.

I had an interesting occurrence recently.

When about to leave a hospital after a couple of days stay, some guy came asking about my visa/ and 90 day status.

He diidn't want to check anything, but I wondered whether it had any impact on my Insurance.

I had an interesting occurrence recently.

When about to leave a hospital after a couple of days stay, some guy came asking about my visa/ and 90 day status.

He diidn't want to check anything, but I wondered whether it had any impact on my Insurance.

He was trying to be helpful. Had your visa been nearing expiry the hospital could have "fixed" things with immigration.

Can mail-reporting be done with all immigration offices throughout the country, or only a select few?

Cheers.

If they check their records and notice that you have not made reports before making trips out of country they could still fine you. I suggest you have 2000 baht handy as a just in case measpt mailin of 90 day reports.ure.

Can mail-reporting be done with all immigration offices throughout the country, or only a select few?

Cheers.

Kap Chong Immigration and Korat Immigration do not accept 90 day report mail ins.

Sorry to hijack this but it is about 90 reporting.......... reading this post have a question

​Rather confused...

was on yearly extensions, then had a problem with some money not arriving over 3 years ago, now have this lump sum [June], so back to normal again as it were... 2010 = 0 Visa from Perth then the passed 2 year have been on double tourist Visa s, 2nd entry of last one was 13th August 2013... My own local Immigration do not do the conversions...

Anyway now have the conversion and the 1 year extension done on Monday 30th September 2013, but confused about the 90 day reporting...

90 days from my re-entry is then this week ?... do I need to go to my own local Immigration this week ?..... should I have got a new 90 days when doing the conversion ?........ was it automatic when doing the conversion ? ..... or is it only done at my own local Immigration ?

I do have a slip of paper stapled in my passport with address report, stamped by Immigration but no date of any kind on it. ? I do have lots of bits of paper stapled in my Passport so no idea when this address report was added, with no date of any kind on it simply have no idea, I do have another one stapled in passport dated 9th July 2013, ??......... I did not do an extension on my last Visa my last 60 days was up 12 October

Help please

Edited by ignis